Page 26 of 48 FirstFirst ... 1622232425262728293036 ... LastLast

Thread: MLB 2022

Minor leaguer hits home run cycle.

https://www.mlb.com/news/cardinals-c...eline-coverage
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

So, on four separate occasions tonight, I checked out the Field of Dreams Game, only to hear Smoltz, once again, monotonously blabbering about something totally unrelated to the game . I don't think I lasted 30 seconds on each attempt.

Fox really hates baseball, doesn't it? If they didn't they'd actually cover the games they're broadcasting.
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

Fox really hates baseball, doesn't it? If they didn't they'd actually cover the games they're broadcasting.
    To bolster your theory, they also used Joe Buck for playoffs!
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

The eons are closing
    Quote Originally Posted by ronmac View Post
    So, on four separate occasions tonight, I checked out the Field of Dreams Game, only to hear Smoltz, once again, monotonously blabbering about something totally unrelated to the game . I don't think I lasted 30 seconds on each attempt.

Smoltz is the worst.
    And yes they absolutely hate baseball.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
    Death inspires me like a dog inspires a rabbit

Not as much as MLB hates baseball.

The Phillies play the Mets tonight. Two of the hottest teams in baseball, with a very heated rivalry. MLB decides to put the game on Apple TV.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Apparently, Smotlz's father died earlier in the day. WTF was he working for?

Apparently, Smotlz's father died earlier in the day. WTF was he working for?
    How ironic that his father dies on the day of the Field of Dreams game.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

MLB just announced the 80-game suspension for the currently injured Fernando Tatis, Jr. for using banned substances. It's not even on their site yet.

Last night, Cardinals minor leaguer Chandler Redmond hit a solo shot, a 2-run HR, a 3-run HR, and a grand slam in FOUR CONSECUTIVE innings! It's only been done once before in the Minor Leagues -- and never in the Major Leagues!
    NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF STUPID PEOPLE IN LARGE GROUPS!

O's had two calls overturned on challenges last night. I wonder which team leads the category for overturned challenges.

So, who thought it was a good idea to put Dennis Eckersley in a broadcast booth?

It's bad enough having two color commentators trying to outdo each other.

Any comments about Tatis' lame-ass excuse and unwillingness to oppose the suspension?

Fernando Tatisterone, Jr.

Any comments about Tatis' lame-ass excuse and unwillingness to oppose the suspension?

Fernando Tatisterone, Jr.
    He's probably still recovering so why not take the time to fully heal. Since he is not employed by MLB he can probably use the steroids to help him heal better.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    He's probably still recovering so why not take the time to fully heal. Since he is not employed by MLB he can probably use the steroids to help him heal better.
    Wasn't he due back in the lineup in a week or so?

The eons are closing
    Yes he was being sent for a minor rehab start next week when they popped him.

O's broke up a perfect game and no hitter and eventually a shut out in the ninth inning.

ESPN's stupid-assed in-game player interview almost created a run for the Dead Sox. Why are we interviewing infielders during the game? This accomplishes nothing except for creating distractions. And, believe me, Gleyber Torres, with not the highest baseball IQ, needs to concentrate.

ESPN's stupid-assed in-game player interview almost created a run for the Dead Sox. Why are we interviewing infielders during the game? This accomplishes nothing except for creating distractions. And, believe me, Gleyber Torres, with not the highest baseball IQ, needs to concentrate.
    The dumbest thing baseball ever invented. Spot on about Gleyber. Can you imagine a player getting distracted and MadBum is on the mound?

They hate Baltimore. What makes them think we want to watch a Yankees/Red Sox game versus Battle of the Network Janitors.

I hate this so freaking much

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Bails View Post
    I hate this so freaking much
    I wonder if anyone outside of the TV networks actually like this. I mean, aside from a few players who feed off of the attention.

Will they be doing this during the playoffs?

After splurging $500 million in the off-season, and sporting a sub-.500 record, the Texas Rangers have just fired their manager, Chris Woodward.

POOF!

After splurging $500 million in the off-season, and sporting a sub-.500 record, the Texas Rangers have just fired their manager, Chris Woodward.

POOF!
    Did anyone actually think Corey Seager was going to be a great player because they gave him ridiculous money($325MM thru 2031)? Not that he's having a bad year but he's not having a $33 million year. Add Marcus Semien who makes $26 MM and is signed thru 2028. 2 real good years in 9 so let's sign him for $175MM. Stupid. Should have looked at what signing Trout and Pujols did to the Angels. Tied their hands because they spend all the money on a team with a lot of holes.
    Last edited by Tangram; 08-17-2022 at 12:40 PM.

The eons are closing
    Judge turned down $30.5 per year in April....
    so methinks it will be well north of $40million per year.

Quote Originally Posted by MudShark22 View Post
    Judge turned down $30.5 per year in April....
    so methinks it will be well north of $40million per year.

That would be tough, considering they need to DFA Hicks ($10 million) and Donaldson ($25 million). Those two are fucking pathetic.