Page 23 of 48 FirstFirst ... 1319202122232425262733 ... LastLast

Thread: MLB 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Poisoned Youth View Post
    My mystery team is the Cards, who have enough talent to be a suitor.
    Jon Heyman and Joel Sherman now report that the Cards are considered the front-runner.
    https://nypost.com/2022/07/24/cardin...e-sweepstakes/

That'd be quite a 2-3-4 with Arenado and Goldschmidt.
    I want to dynamite your mind with love tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by polmico View Post
    That'd be quite a 2-3-4 with Arenado and Goldschmidt.
    Damn.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

The eons are closing
    Leaving aside the results, the Tuesday game btwn Yanks Mets was a terribly called game behind the plate with minimal to no consistency in strike zone at all. Last night was only slightly better.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
    Death inspires me like a dog inspires a rabbit

Quote Originally Posted by MudShark22 View Post
    Leaving aside the results, the Tuesday game btwn Yanks Mets was a terribly called game behind the plate with minimal to no consistency in strike zone at all. Last night was only slightly better.
    no surprise there.
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

I was really hoping the Braves would find a way to get Benintendi. They need an outfielder with Duvall going down, and a little left-handed balance in the line-up would be nice.

Benintendi’s arrival in NY does beg this question: what will AL teams (and possibly one NL team) do if they have to play Toronto in the playoffs?

Yanks get Benintendi. Wish they picked up a pitcher instead. I think Cashman is going to have a busy week

Quote Originally Posted by Tangram View Post
    Yanks get Benintendi. Wish they picked up a pitcher instead. I think Cashman is going to have a busy week
    Rumor has it the Reds may be shopping Luis Castillo.
    A Comfort Zone is not a Life Sentence

I was really hoping the Braves would find a way to get Benintendi. They need an outfielder with Duvall going down, and a little left-handed balance in the line-up would be nice.

Benintendi’s arrival in NY does beg this question: what will AL teams (and possibly one NL team) do if they have to play Toronto in the playoffs?
    He plans to get vaxxed. I'm pretty sure it was part of the negotiations. Now they can throw the ultra-awful Gallo to the scrap heap. Benintendi's batting average is double Gallo's.

Quote Originally Posted by Tangram View Post
    They will. Expect them to get some bullpen help and, quite possibly, this guy:

Quote Originally Posted by Lou View Post
    Rumor has it the Reds may be shopping Luis Castillo.
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ronmac View Post
    He plans to get vaxxed. I'm pretty sure it was part of the negotiations. Now they can throw the ultra-awful Gallo to the scrap heap. Benintendi's batting average is double Gallo's.
    100?
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

They were saying today's curtain call by Mancini might be his last as an Oriole. I guess an inside the park home run was a good send off.
    NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF STUPID PEOPLE IN LARGE GROUPS!

Aaron Judge is on a pace to hit 66 home runs and set a new non-steroid-aided record. That's 11 dingers in his last 13 games after a nasty slump. He also stole a home run in right field. I've never seen a season quite like this.
    Last edited by ronmac; 07-30-2022 at 10:40 AM.

^Up to 42 HRs now. It’s an all-time great season and clearly MVP-worthy.

^Up to 42 HRs now. It’s an all-time great season and clearly MVP-worthy.
    That's not how it works, if it was the Orioles should of had three MVP's in a row. If teams had half a fucking brain they would walk Judge every time and his offensive skills would turn to shit and he would be worthless as tits on a tomcat.

Judge’s Major League-leading 42nd home run was his 12th long ball in 14 games, the most in a 14-game span in franchise history. He eclipsed Babe Ruth (41 homers in 1928) for the most home runs ever hit by a Yankee before Aug. 1, amid a surge that puts Judge on track to shatter Roger Maris’ American League single-season record of 61 home runs, which was set in 1961.

If he can stay healthy, he can do it.

Mets showing no mercy.

Quote Originally Posted by ronmac View Post
    Judge’s Major League-leading 42nd home run was his 12th long ball in 14 games, the most in a 14-game span in franchise history. He eclipsed Babe Ruth (41 homers in 1928) for the most home runs ever hit by a Yankee before Aug. 1, amid a surge that puts Judge on track to shatter Roger Maris’ American League single-season record of 61 home runs, which was set in 1961.

If he can stay healthy, he can do it.
    #43 last night after a one-game drought.

Judge was announced as the recipient of his second consecutive Player of the Week Award before Monday’s game, having slashed .348/.483/1.000 (8-for-23) with seven runs, five homers, 10 RBIs, six walks and one stolen base in six games.

Ed.

WTF are the Orioles doing??? They're finally competing, and they just deal away all of their better players???
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Juan Soto to the Padres

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Bails View Post
    Juan Soto to the Padres
    Padres also got Josh Bell.

This Phillies fan is dying with laughter.

Padres also got Josh Bell.

This Phillies fan is dying with laughter.
    Eric Hosmer and his awful contract are also in this trade. However, Hosmer has a no-trade clause, and it includes the Nationals.

The Twins got the Orioles All Star closer but still need more arms.
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

The eons are closing
    LOL

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
    Death inspires me like a dog inspires a rabbit

Ed.

WTF are the Orioles doing??? They're finally competing, and they just deal away all of their better players???
    Unless you are able to win the World Series or Super Bowl you may as well finish in last place.

Braves sign Austin Riley to a very team-friendly ten-year deal.

Check out his July stats if you’re wondering what prompted the move.

Eric Hosmer and his awful contract are also in this trade. However, Hosmer has a no-trade clause, and it includes the Nationals.
    Hosmer is going to the Red Sox, and San Diego is picking up most of his salary.