Page 20 of 48 FirstFirst ... 1016171819202122232430 ... LastLast

Thread: MLB 2022

Damn Marlins. We we're on a winning streak and then get blown out 10-zip by The Mets. Listing to game 2 on the radio. It's not on free TV.

Quote Originally Posted by Vic2012 View Post
    It's not on free TV.
    And MLB can't figure out why their game isn't more popular.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Six in a row with another walk off come from behind win.
    NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF STUPID PEOPLE IN LARGE GROUPS!

Reds just beat the Rays with a walk-off balk in the bottom of the 10th.

And look at those O's with another walk-off.
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

Quote Originally Posted by ronmac View Post
    Reds just beat the Rays with a walk-off balk in the bottom of the 10th.

And look at those O's with another walk-off.
    That's as bad as the O's walk off hit by the pitch win.

Red Sox had something to prove this weekend. So far, they're proving that they have an uphill battle. Chris Sale will get his first start next week. How long will he last?
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Bails View Post
    Albert Pujols and Miggy Cabrera will both be playing in the All-Star Game.
    I am happy for Miggy. He is getting up there in age, but having a great season so far. I just hope he can stick around long enough to see some success with the young guys he has been mentoring. The guy always has a smile on his face and on the surface seems like he is still having a blast out there.

Quote Originally Posted by polmico View Post
    From June:

"Collectively, these Tigers are hitting .221/.278/.318. Their slugging percentage is the majors’ worst by 18 points, and their 70 wRC+ the majors’ worst by nine points, while their batting average and on-base percentage are merely the AL’s second-worst behind Oakland. Their 31 homers is 15 fewer than any other team, and meanwhile, they’re in a virtual tie for the majors’ lowest walk rate (6.6%) and own the AL’s second-highest strikeout rate (24.3%)."

https://blogs.fangraphs.com/an-histo...gers-problems/

They must've fixed some of this nonsense, right?
    Offensively the Tigers have been one of the worst teams in baseball in the first two months of the season, but there are signs that things are turning around. Torkelson and Green have come up from the minors and made an immediate impact. Catcher Eric Hasse has suddenly gotten hot and emerged as the #1 guy. They are playing now, how I thought they would play this season. Still a long way to go, but if they could take some more games from the White Sox, Royals, and Gardiens in the next few weeks, they could be right back in the running.

I quite like Milwaukee’s City Connect unis:

4EF4BAE4-B11A-4245-A644-51DCE0BFB417.jpg

San Diego’s City Connect have a nice story and meaning, but, boy howdy, they are garish:

D86B5368-B77E-408C-ACA7-61DFA0A0A404.jpg
    I want to dynamite your mind with love tonight.

I quite like Milwaukee’s City Connect unis:

4EF4BAE4-B11A-4245-A644-51DCE0BFB417.jpg

San Diego’s City Connect have a nice story and meaning, but, boy howdy, they are garish:

D86B5368-B77E-408C-ACA7-61DFA0A0A404.jpg
    Yeah, I was going to post about this, too. Many those San Diego uniforms are pretty ugly.

Quote Originally Posted by ronmac View Post
    Chris Sale will get his first start next week. How long will he last?
    Hopefully longer than that minor league clubhouse he demolished in an immature fit of rage the other night.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

We beat the Mets yesterday. Let's see how we do today.

Oxymoron : O's are the hottest team in baseball.

Marlins@Mets. Extra innings. We're up one run. Watch us lose.....lol

Watch us win.... . I'll take it. 2-0.

Some pretty glaring All-Star omissions, including Zack Wheeler and Dylan Cease.

Anyone see the raw talent that is Oneil Cruz?

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Bails View Post
    Some pretty glaring All-Star omissions, including Zack Wheeler and Dylan Cease.
    You can add Austin Riley to that list. 23 HRs, 56 RBIs, 146 OPS+. Those are pretty darn good numbers. Machado and Arenado both have impressive numbers themselves, so I guess Riley is just the odd man out.

Quote Originally Posted by Camelogue View Post

How could you miss him?

oneil.jpg

Braves and Mets begin a three-game series tonight. The Mets, who once had an 11-game lead in the NL East, is now only up by a 1.5 games.

A fait accompli, typical bad Mets luck or an incredibly deep Braves team, it seems like the Mets will not be in first by the All Star break.

Or maybe I'm under-selling the Mets and over-valuing their history of breakdowns and collapses?

EDIT: Oh. And, for reasons, the Braves have signed Robinson Cano, and he is on their active roster for tonight's game.

Parrots Ripped My Flesh Dave (in MA)'s Avatar
    Some wag on Twitter pointed out that Brayan Bello ought to be fairly at ease in his first ever MLB start tonight vs. Tampa, since he's accustomed to playing in front of larger crowds in Worcester.

The eons are closing
    Braves and Mets begin a three-game series tonight. The Mets, who once had an 11-game lead in the NL East, is now only up by a 1.5 games.

A fait accompli, typical bad Mets luck or an incredibly deep Braves team, it seems like the Mets will not be in first by the All Star break.

Or maybe I'm under-selling the Mets and over-valuing their history of breakdowns and collapses?

EDIT: Oh. And, for reasons, the Braves have signed Robinson Cano, and he is on their active roster for tonight's game.
    Do not over value the collapses - those things are real; but you are under selling this version.

and really while the lead has shrunk - no real collapse here - but they are only 18-15 since June 1.

Still, they have had a month playing under .500 ball - which is not something other NL East teams can say.

And the Braves will not be leading NL East at ASG break ;-)

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
    Death inspires me like a dog inspires a rabbit

The eons are closing
    And in that stretch - No Scherzer (no deGrom as usual! lol) - went on a long west coast trip seeing LAD , SF SD and LAAofA - plus four games vs Cheatstros.

So 18-15 is not bad at all actually [emoji6]
    #LGM

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
    Death inspires me like a dog inspires a rabbit

If the Mets even won two of those four games against the Astros, their record in the past month or so looks a whole lot better. Yeah, they haven't collapsed. I can see that very clearly now that I'm looking at their schedule.

And, yes, the Braves did a lot of their winning against sub .500 teams. But they took care of their business and are now in a position to overtake the Mets.

Max vs. Max tonight (right now!). Should be fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Camelogue View Post
    I saw him just last week while my team decimated his 16-0.