Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: News on new Tool album

so i guess the bottom line is they're pretty well off, have been just dicking around for last 6 or 7 years and there might be a new album in the works. cool.

Quote Originally Posted by progholio View Post
    been just dicking around
    With this band name, what would you expect?

Magog
    Maynard is known for his diversionary tactics and misleading the press and media. I believe nothing I read about TOOL if if comes from those sources.

Matt

Quote Originally Posted by progholio View Post
    so i guess the bottom line is they're pretty well off, have been just dicking around for last 6 or 7 years and there might be a new album in the works. cool.
    Well, not sure about the rest of Tool, but Maynard seems to keep insanely busy. He's toured fairly regularly with A Perfect Circle and Puscifer (as well as putting out fairly regular new music for the latter), and his main gig these days is growing grapes and making wine. He's built a pretty serious business in Arizona (with his own labels Caduceus and Merkin Vineyards, as well as partnering with another local winemaker for the Arizona Stronghold label). It's not just a vanity project where he sticks his name on a bottle of wine that somebody else made. There's actually an entertaining documentary about his foray into the wine business called Blood Into Wine.

Quote Originally Posted by Magog View Post
    Maynard is known for his diversionary tactics and misleading the press and media. I believe nothing I read about TOOL if if comes from those sources.
    Several April firsts ago, Maynard did announce that he was leaving the band for Jesus.
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

All the April Fool's gags were put on by Kabir/fans over at toolshed.down.net which the band got a kick out of obviously...the marketing-ploy "mystique" this band has surrounded itself with throughout their career is both genius and a huge crutch for their, like i mentioned before, warranted inactivity and laziness because they've managed to convince and convert legion that they're a doubly sophisticated and arcane whole which is laughable at best compared to other musicians but again, who's laughing all the way to the bank, me/us?

One thing that makes me scream...look at the COUNTLESS articles/interviews with Tool and i GUARANTEE the opening lines of each will be, "Tool are a band that rarely grants interviews"...WHAT!? Now, don't get me wrong, again, i'm STILL a fan of these guys, but enough is enough!

Well, it looks like finally the machinery is moving for a new Tool album. It appears the band has the music written down and Maynard will be adding the vocals. The band will enter the studio to record the songs on March. http://teamrock.com/news/2018-02-19/...album-in-march

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    It's pretty amazing what a high profile Tool has considering how few albums they've put out. Even my teenager knows about them and claims to like them - he saw them at Gov Ball a year or so ago, but he knew about them before and that was one of the bands he wanted to see. And he's not really into metal at all.

^^^ Tool are one of those bands that can somehow appeal to people who aren't typically into metal (like myself). They're really almost like a form of art-rock for the modern age. Lateralus and 10,000 Days are really pretty sophisticated musically, especially compared to a lot of stuff with the same sort of profile that's out there nowadays.

Well it certainly won't bankrupt me to be a Tool "auto-buyer"... So .

hiding out in treetops, shouting out rude names
    Tool puts out a good product. Very unique packaging that got better with every release. Every album has at least one great track. But all in all, I'm not sure I'm missing 'new' Tool any more than I've missed 'new' Muse, a band that has been more prolific, putting out slight variations of the same song for their last 3 or 4 releases. I guess one could say Tool is at least, less redundant.

where are we at with this? Been revisiting 10000 days... I want more Pot!

Quote Originally Posted by sergio View Post
    where are we at with this? Been revisiting 10000 days... I want more Pot!
    http://www.metalinjection.net/latest...oming-in-april

I'm not holding my breath. He says mid-April but doesn't specify year.

The eons are closing
    So true....
    No one plans to take the path that brings you lower

It's official. August 30th we will finally have the new album. They played a couple of new songs on the first two dates of the tour. I kind of liked what I heard but can't pass full judgement as they are all bad cellphone recordings.