Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314

Thread: Canterbury Binge: 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Piskie View Post
    A Summer Solstice Egg-fest ongoing here!
    I could listen to The Polite Force just about every day and be a jolly camper.

Quote Originally Posted by Piskie View Post
    A Summer Solstice Egg-fest ongoing here!
    Oh I love that idea!

Quote Originally Posted by chalkpie View Post
    I could listen to The Polite Force just about every day and be a jolly camper.
    And that one. Not that I'll follow through, but I could, and I would never tire of it, I'd wager.
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

'The best stuff is really when Mick Pointer was a baby, banging on pots and pans. That was their most "out there" stuff.' - JKL2000

An Egg-fest sounds pretty good right now! I need to listen to them again, as it has been a while.
    "what's better, peanut butter or g-sharp minor?"
    - Sturgeon's Lawyer, 2021

Slightly OT and maybe posted before but I never knew there was a Canterbury Scene in New Zealand: https://natlib.govt.nz/records/29945...Bpath%5D=items

Quote Originally Posted by PCMusic View Post
    Thanks, sounds great. Syn-Phonic seems to have all four of their albums and cheaper. If you buy all four might as well get it from their bandcamp website.
    Just discovered Magic Bus recently. I don't love the band name but they have some great material. They do the neo-psychedelic thing in an earnest way that doesn't seem too mannered or too much like a self-conscious pastiche.

My Solstice binge ongoing with Steve Hillage - he sort of suits the season. 'L' this afternoon. I wonder what the symbolism of the letter is - surely not 'learner'....
    'I would advise stilts for the quagmires"

^^^

A few years ago a PE member said he had heard a radio interview where Hillage answered this exact question: Apparently the answers were "Love" and "eLectricity"... Maybe "Life" too?

My own recent sort-of Canterbury binges?

Fusion-era Soft Machine, particularly live shows from 1975 and 76 have dominated my airwaves for the last few days. And Pierre Moerlen's Gong. I'm planning to get through all the PMG CDs today.

Quote Originally Posted by arturs View Post
    And Pierre Moerlen's Gong. I'm planning to get through all the PMG CDs today.
    I love that era of Gong.
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

'The best stuff is really when Mick Pointer was a baby, banging on pots and pans. That was their most "out there" stuff.' - JKL2000