Thread: Miscellaneous Thoughts (2021) by Bob McNeice

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Miscellaneous Thoughts (2021) by Bob McNeice

Gentlemen,

I've released a music album comprising my Miscellaneous Thoughts from 2021. And yes, IT'S FREE to stream or download as you see fit. It runs the gamut from rock to orchestral to ethereal electronica to pretty piano and a few quirky tidbits thrown in. I hope you like it.

https://bobmcneice.bandcamp.com/albu...-thoughts-2021

Enjoy,
    Bob McNeice

lightbulb.jpg
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A gentleman is defined as someone who knows how to play the accordion, and doesn't.

Thanks for the sweet gift Bob.
    Downloaded and will listen later.
    Soundcloud page: Richard Hermans, musical meanderings https://soundcloud.com/precipice YouTube: [https://www.youtube.com/@richardhermans4457

Thanks Bob! I had a listen and just a few random thoughts... Besos Tiernos was one of my favorites, the lush keyboard is nice and I love the synth solo near the end. Teardrops is a wonderful piece; I didn't know the story behind it and it's amazing it came together so quickly. The mix of variety and repetition is great; there's one particular melodic phrase that keeps coming up and it caught my ear whenever it appeared. I love that wide, reverbed, almost ambient guitar sound on No Accommodation No Relief. Sofa no. 3 is such an unexpected mix of sounds, especially the vocoder and the bell-like keyboard tones -- very creative! Forte was another favorite - very pretty piano line in the beginning, both complex and melodic, one of the best bits of composition on the album -- it was so surprising to then hear the shift into the faster-paced section; the synth bass gives it 80s action score vibes -- very dramatic. A humbled heart -- great synth sounds here, real waterfall of tones, very soothing. Dear eberhard was a really interesting and sophisticated composition; the intro almost has an atonal quality, and the complexity of the writing expresses the emotion in a very textured way. Poets Holiday - really like the drum loop, bass playing is quite nimble, really good use of trumpet vst -- I've struggled to make those sound authentic. It's tricky to make jazzy things sound authentic with plug-ins and you've done a great job of that here. Letter from home - really wonderful closer, love how the acoustic and piano interact.

Thanks so much for listening and, EBES, your taking the time to hear each track and comment back ..... well, that is unexpected and truly appreciated. All of us musicians take so much time and put so much of ourselves into our music that, when someone truly listens closely, it's a real pleasure and makes us feel like it was all worthwhile. Thank you friends.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A gentleman is defined as someone who knows how to play the accordion, and doesn't.

I've been intensely working on finishing a new song, so haven't had much time to devote to listen to the whole thing Bob.
    Just had some free time while taking a break and squeezed in a couple of listens.
    First song definitely captures a riff. The guitar work on this reminds me of the old Minds Eye videos from many many moons ago.
    Beso is a lovely tune, love the keyboard textures you use.
    Teardrops is still one of my favorites.
    Nice Wurly on no accomodation.
    Sofa #3, great piano and synth bass and lead.
    Lobo..nice synth work, love the bass line.

that's all I've got for now.
    Great work and achievement..thanks for sharing it with us.
    Soundcloud page: Richard Hermans, musical meanderings https://soundcloud.com/precipice YouTube: [https://www.youtube.com/@richardhermans4457

My pleasure. It's a joy to have someone who certainly knows what goes into this give a listen and like what they hear. Makes it all worthwhile.