Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: IQ - Archive Collection Now Up For Sale!

IQ - Archive Collection Now Up For Sale!

Hear That?....That was the sound of your Credit Card jumping out of your wallet and hiding under the Sofa!

IQ just announced (via FB) that the Archive Collection is now for sale:

The deluxe set of every IQ 'Archive Collection' release from 2003 to 2017 - 12 discs presented in a 12" x 12" format hardback art book with 52 full colour pages.

This collection represents an alternative history of IQ and includes 'a cornucopia of rare live material, new songs unavailable elsewhere, demos, radical remixes, work-in-progress performances, studio outtakes, three complete concerts and even a full length Christmas album'. Featuring the titles:

IQ20 (2 x CD)
    Frequency Tour CD Disc 1
    Frequency Tour CD Disc 2
    Re:Mixed
    IQ30 (2 x CD)
    The Road of Bonus
    Live on the Road of Bones (2 x CD)
    Tales From a Dark Christmas

Plus an exclusive Blu-ray Disc featuring the 'Subterranea' and 'IQ30' shows in HD video, two previously unreleased complete concerts.

Strictly limited edition.

Woohoo! We've finally got the Archive Collection! We’ll *try* to get any orders we receive this week out in time for Christmas!

You can order it now at the IQ online shop: https://shop.iq-hq.co.uk/…/the-archi...ion-2003-2017…

This worked out to $125.96 USD for the 11 cd's & 1 BR to get to my door on the West Coast USA.

It ain't cheap....but maybe the last opportunity to hear ALL of IQ's recorded output besides the original albums.

(65GBP + 30 GBP shipping)
    The Ice Cream Lady Wet her drawers........To see you in the Passion Playyyy eeee - I. Anderson

"It's kind of like deciding not to date a beautiful blonde anymore because she farted." - Top Cat

I was expecting to be kinda meh, but it made my nips stiffen - Jerjo

(Zamran) "that fucking thing man . . . it sits there on my wall like a broken clock " - Helix

Social Media is the "Toilet" of the Internet - Lady Gaga

Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    Cha Cing - Expensive but what the hell. Is the Blue Ray a DVD?
    What can this strange device be? When I touch it, it brings forth a sound (2112)

Quote Originally Posted by mozo-pg View Post
    Cha Cing - Expensive but what the hell. Is the Blue Ray a DVD?
    Dunno….I cut-and-pasted most of the post.
    The Ice Cream Lady Wet her drawers........To see you in the Passion Playyyy eeee - I. Anderson

"It's kind of like deciding not to date a beautiful blonde anymore because she farted." - Top Cat

(Zamran) "that fucking thing man . . . it sits there on my wall like a broken clock " - Helix

Quote Originally Posted by Garyhead View Post
    Dunno….I cut-and-pasted most of the post.
    Oh Well, here's hoping!
    What can this strange device be? When I touch it, it brings forth a sound (2112)

Blu-Rays and DVDs are 2 different things, so if the announcement specifically said Blu-Ray, then it won't be a DVD.

^^^^Bummer - I really wanted to decent DVD of Subteranea (sp).

^^^^Bummer - I really wanted to decent DVD of Subteranea (sp).
    You're not happy with the quality of the Subterranea: The Concert DVD?

Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    You're not happy with the quality of the Subterranea: The Concert DVD?
    I have only seen a VHS. Is there a DVD out there? There is no DVD on Ebay.

Yes. There is a DVD. I bought it when it came out.

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Sigh...I have MOST of this stuff! I thought I had all of it, but somehow I've never heard of The Road of Bonus. How did I miss that one?

Also, I didn't know Live on the Road of Bones was an Archive release - I thought it was a regular release.

Damn, this thing is going to be hard to resist. I'm sure it's fondleable as hell!

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    Sigh...I have MOST of this stuff! I thought I had all of it, but somehow I've never heard of The Road of Bonus. How did I miss that one?

Also, I didn't know Live on the Road of Bones was an Archive release - I thought it was a regular release.

Damn, this thing is going to be hard to resist. I'm sure it's fondleable as hell!
    I believe the Road Of Bonus was only available in the “Big Box” release of Road Of Bones. Do you remember glow sticks and a ticket to the release party concert? I’ll look to my wall and fondle it for you.

4 on Discogs right now.

https://www.discogs.com/release/2514...ea-The-Concert

That's all I would need too. Don't know if that will get me to jump in.

Thanks, Moe!

Nice! Hadn’t seen that, appreciate the heads up. Ordered.

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    It would be nice if they showed a few pages of the book - I'd like to see if they include all the original sleeve art. I'm sure it's basically there, but if this is just one of those books with a bunch of grainy photos of the band (as these books sometimes are), it's not that tempting.

It would be nice if they showed a few pages of the book - I'd like to see if they include all the original sleeve art. I'm sure it's basically there, but if this is just one of those books with a bunch of grainy photos of the band (as these books sometimes are), it's not that tempting.
    Pretty good views of the book in this video: https://www.facebook.com/IQHQLive/vi...4842962615813/

Blu-Rays and DVDs are 2 different things, so if the announcement specifically said Blu-Ray, then it won't be a DVD.
    But both "DVD" and "Blue-Ray" usually mean "video". Is there such a thing as "Blu-Ray audio" like the old "DVD-A"?

The announcement states "an exclusive Blu-ray Disc featuring the 'Subterranea' and 'IQ30' shows in HD video". The key here is "HD-Video". So surely it is NOT a DVD per se...Blue-Ray discs require a Blue-Ray player. Of course there have been combo players that play both formats for years. Easy to find one.

Anyway...ordered!!!
    "Frozen flaking fish raw nerve...In a cup of silver liquid fire" - Jethro Tull

Quote Originally Posted by progcd54 View Post
    But both "DVD" and "Blue-Ray" usually mean "video". Is there such a thing as "Blu-Ray audio" like the old "DVD-A"?

The announcement states "an exclusive Blu-ray Disc featuring the 'Subterranea' and 'IQ30' shows in HD video". The key here is "HD-Video". So surely it is NOT a DVD per se...Blue-Ray discs require a Blue-Ray player. Of course there have been combo players that play both formats for years. Easy to find one.

Anyway...ordered!!!
    Are you saying you know this is video?

I'm not saying anything since I don't own it yet. But the announcement IS!!! Again..."The announcement states "an exclusive Blu-ray Disc featuring the 'Subterranea' and 'IQ30' shows in HD video".

I don't understand why all this confusion? What is it about the word "video"...and video of these shows does exist...that isn't clear? And again, to my knowledge there is no such thing as "Blu-Ray "only audio" without video like the old DVD-A that was audio only. (DVD-A is backed by most of the industry as the technology that will replace the standard audio CD.)

"The key difference between DVD and Blu-ray/HD-DVD is that DVD is a standard definition 480i resolution format, while Blu-ray/HD-DVD disc video can be up to 1080p HDTV quality. ... In 2008, HD-DVD was officially discontinued, leaving Blu-ray as the only high-definition disc alternative to DVD." But again...BOTH ARE VIDEO!!! You can obviously play a Blu-Ray (and a standard DVD) disc on a Blu-Ray player, but you can't play a Blu-Ray disc on a old standard DVD player that doesn't have Blu-Ray capability.

Simply put...it makes perfect sense that this new IQ box set includes several VIDEO shows on Blu-Ray, NOT DVD, as many bands haven't released any new discs on standard DVD for a long time. If you have a player that plays Blu-Ray discs and you buy the box set, then you are all set. If not, then you'll need to buy a new player.

BTW...I DON'T own a Blu-Ray player, so I will not be able to watch the videos. My choice in buying the box set is for all it's CD goodies (in one place) and the hardback art book box itself AND that someday I will buy a new player and join the 21st century .
    "Frozen flaking fish raw nerve...In a cup of silver liquid fire" - Jethro Tull

Cool.

Very nice but the $40 shipping freezes me in my tracks, especially when I've already got a large portion of the package already. For those with sterner stuff than me enjoy!

I’ve plenty of blu-ray ‘audio’ discs. Hi-Rez surround audio and just menus for video.

Quote Originally Posted by ca1ore View Post
    I’ve plenty of blu-ray ‘audio’ discs. Hi-Rez surround audio and just menus for video.
    I emailed the band and will report back.

Guys, it's gotta be video footage. That would be the biggest draw for prospective customers.