Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: IQ - Archive Collection Now Up For Sale!

Just received a large flat package marked Royal Mail today. I am at work today, so it will be tonight before I can open it. What could it possibly be?

received in Maryland today

Got mine today as well - in central NY state. Ordered on 12/16. This calls for a celebration
    "Confusion Will Be My Epitaph"

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PCMusic View Post
    Got mine today as well - in central NY state. Ordered on 12/16. This calls for a celebration
    Ok, I ordered on the 17th, so my copy MUST be arriving next! Have fun!

Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    It'll get there Jed. You'll be fondling in now time!
    What can this strange device be? When I touch it, it brings forth a sound (2112)

Quote Originally Posted by mozo-pg View Post
    I honestly don't remember the shipping cost. The package arrived last week and I ordered it four weeks ago, so about 3 weeks. I did have to pick it up as the post office but was relieved that there was no costs involved in duties.
    It's a beautiful set - and the video is awesome (would have cost and arm an a leg for the out of print video that his now crystal clear).
    OK, thanks for responding. I'm still not sure about ordering, I had a terrible experience recently getting my CD/DVD collection from Texas to Nova Scotia and to say it was an ordeal would be an understatement. Meaning, it's not the cost but that I NEED to stop buying stuff, it is a hard habit to break but this set seems so tempting uurrgghh!!

Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rajaz View Post
    OK, thanks for responding. I'm still not sure about ordering, I had a terrible experience recently getting my CD/DVD collection from Texas to Nova Scotia and to say it was an ordeal would be an understatement. Meaning, it's not the cost but that I NEED to stop buying stuff, it is a hard habit to break but this set seems so tempting uurrgghh!!
    No problem! All I can say is the IQ was very reliable in shipping pretty quickly (3 weeks) and the product is beautiful (including the book and wonderful Blue Ray Video). Not trying to convince you, especially given your challenges already but that's my 2 cents.
    What can this strange device be? When I touch it, it brings forth a sound (2112)

Thank you Jed, the set is great looking even discs are only in the pockets. Hope you get yours shortly, if not today. Seems they have kept the orders shipping fairly consistently according to the purchase date or rather to the order number. I know difficult waiting can be, so by all means let us know.

Quote Originally Posted by Rajaz View Post
    Seems you are already late for this train, as it left the station ... meaning it has been supposedly already sold out. There was mention of repressing some more due to the sheer interest, so perhaps you are not "out of the woods" yet

I had no idea the book in this set was going to be so beautiful. What a treasure for us IQ lovers! And how nice to finally remove the original out of print releases scattered throughout my Discogs want list. As extensive as my collection is, there were several of these I still didn't have. And I can sell off the ones I did have!
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

Quote Originally Posted by PCMusic View Post
    There was mention of repressing some more due to the sheer interest, so perhaps you are not "out of the woods" yet
    Indeed. This is what they said about that:

We were really surprised that the Archive Collection book sold so quickly (it actually took less than two weeks to sell out). Since then we’ve heard from many people that they just missed being able to order it, or didn’t know about it until too late, with the result that if they now want to complete their IQ collection they’ll have to pay hugely inflated prices for a copy.

We’re really not liking this, so we’re currently looking into the costs involved with a small repressing so that everyone who wants to own a copy can do so at the original price. We’re told that costs have already increased for the materials, but hopefully we’ll be able to make it work without it costing us too much. We’ll keep you posted.

Speaking of which… we’re STILL working through the original orders trying to get them out to you as quickly as we can. Please bear with us, it seems like a perfect storm of Christmas holidays, Brexit and reduced postal staff due to Covid have conspired to delay things for some people, but we’re doing our best to get past that!
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Progatron View Post
    I had no idea the book in this set was going to be so beautiful. What a treasure for us IQ lovers! And how nice to finally remove the original out of print releases scattered throughout my Discogs want list. As extensive as my collection is, there were several of these I still didn't have. And I can sell off the ones I did have!
    I hadn't really thought about how these limited releases that are truly limited are good because they don't hurt the second-hand market for the component parts of the set. In the case of this IQ set, it might just improve the market for the disks.

I hadn't really thought about how these limited releases that are truly limited are good because they don't hurt the second-hand market for the component parts of the set. In the case of this IQ set, it might just improve the market for the disks.
    I've seen more of the originals appear on Discogs lately, so people are definitely ditching them for this set. Good healthy competition for stretched wallets, to be sure!

I’m suspecting trouble with my order as it isn’t here yet (5 weeks now)

My Order # is 1301 placed December 15th

Can you folks that have received yours recall your Order# ?

I’m suspecting my Archive Collection got thrown into the bag that delivers issues of PROG!
    The Ice Cream Lady Wet her drawers........To see you in the Passion Playyyy eeee - I. Anderson

"It's kind of like deciding not to date a beautiful blonde anymore because she farted." - Top Cat

I was expecting to be kinda meh, but it made my nips stiffen - Jerjo

(Zamran) "that fucking thing man . . . it sits there on my wall like a broken clock " - Helix

Social Media is the "Toilet" of the Internet - Lady Gaga

Quote Originally Posted by Garyhead View Post

I’m suspecting my Archive Collection got thrown into the bag that delivers issues of PROG!
    You are not alone, I have #1368 and am also waiting (in AZ.)

Hopefully we both get a surprise in the mail very soon. Was going to give it another week, then drop another email to see if they have any tracking info, or can given any support (or download links.)

Take care,
    Chris

Can you folks that have received yours recall your Order# ?l
    I also ordered on 12/15 - order # 1318. Finally arrived to me in NJ January 10th. Hope yours arrives soon.

Nothing yet here east of Phoenix. Ordered as well on 12/15. Order 1376.

I sent a message and Anne replied it had been shipped and gave me her kind regards. There is a daily British Airways nonstop to here that I'm sure carries Royal Mail.

I ordered on 12/21, still no show yet.

I had an order from BurningShed that showed tracking info, and there was a 23 day gap from when it was dropped off an an international facility in the UK, and when it was handed from the international receiving facility in Los Angeles to domestic USPS service.

Order #2074 Ordered 12/29/21 Received: 1/18/22

Mine was #1477, ordered 12/16 and received 1/18. Looking at the responses it seems the location in US may play a role here (Washington State and Arizona) and dependent on the postal service here ?!
    Hopefully happy ending is not too far off for you guys still waiting.

Gary, my order # is 1273 and I still haven't seen mine either and I ordered on the 15th. What makes it odd is that someone in Lynnwood received theirs last week and that's only 10-15 minutes north of me. Hopefully, soon.

My order is #1375 placed 12/15 too. Still not here yet.

What me worry.jpg
    "Frozen flaking fish raw nerve...In a cup of silver liquid fire" - Jethro Tull

Still kinda looks like my previous post…..last order in was first to ship…..
    The Ice Cream Lady Wet her drawers........To see you in the Passion Playyyy eeee - I. Anderson

"It's kind of like deciding not to date a beautiful blonde anymore because she farted." - Top Cat

I was expecting to be kinda meh, but it made my nips stiffen - Jerjo

(Zamran) "that fucking thing man . . . it sits there on my wall like a broken clock " - Helix

Social Media is the "Toilet" of the Internet - Lady Gaga

I don't know if LA is a USPS distribution hub, but if it is...hopefully none of your packages wound up in this mess.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...-union-pacific