Thread: The NP Thread VS the What Albums Did You Listen To thread

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar

The NP Thread VS the What Albums Did You Listen To thread

It's been bugging me that someone came along and created that impostor thread, What Albums Did You Listen To Today? But I can't blame them, as the NP thread is camouflaged by it's brief, seemingly-meaningless title. I like posting on the NP thread. I don't know why, I just do! And I've never opened the other thread because I'm used to the NP thread. Could we have the NP thread made a Sticky, and perhaps change the title to The Now-Playing Thread or something along those lines? And then merge the newer thread into the previously NP thread? I actually like how it's off the beaten path, but it seems like we should all pool our efforts, as people get some good suggestions for things to listen to, what others are listening to, etc.

Parrots Ripped My Flesh Dave (in MA)'s Avatar
    I created the "NP" thread because there was one at the old PE before the changeover.
    It was a well-worn convention for people to put "NP: whatever" at the bottom of their posts, I think there, and also back on Usenet for years.
    I didn't intend to ruin your PE experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave (in MA) View Post
    I created the "NP" thread because there was one at the old PE before the changeover.
    It was a well-worn convention for people to put "NP: whatever" at the bottom of their posts, I think there, and also back on Usenet for years.
    I didn't intend to ruin your PE experience.
    Dude, I LOVE the NP thread! It could also be named "The Obligatory NP Thread." I'm fighting for the NP thread's very existence. I fear the other thread will obscure it.

Parrots Ripped My Flesh Dave (in MA)'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    Dude, I LOVE the NP thread! It could also be named "The Obligatory NP Thread." I'm fighting for the NP thread's very existence. I fear the other thread will obscure it.

The King of Threads!