Thread: Kimara Sajn - Living Room/Cinema Verite (Dec. 11th)

Kimara Sajn - Living Room/Cinema Verite (Dec. 11th)

Happy Holidays, everyone!

Just a little update, for those with an interest.

My 2nd album of the year - and the last, obviously - comes out officially on December 11th. It's an anniversary release. Also this year will mark 45 years of my self releasing material. I'm a little amazed i still do it.

Anyway, this one is called "Living Room/Cinema Verite".

It's comprises a set of curated living room recordings: random "cinema verite" moments in our lives here, especially last year. These were improvisations - music living in the room and heard only by us, in that moment, captured in a bottle and now presented to you. An avant-ambient acoustic pleasurement. It will even be, dare i say, offered on our site, should one be looking for gifts.

But really there's no need for that. You can listen to it now, using the link below. Click the cover splash image to get to the player, as usual.

http://www.precognitiverecords.com/LivingRoom

Peace and joy to everyone during this holiday season,

Kim
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Polypet; 12-09-2021 at 09:19 PM.
    And the code is a play, a play is a song, a song is a film, a film is a dance...

So glad to see/hear you're still making music, Kim.

I'm overdue for an order.
    "what's better, peanut butter or g-sharp minor?"
    - Sturgeon's Lawyer, 2021

Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    ^^^
    What can this strange device be? When I touch it, it brings forth a sound (2112)

BTW, the last two albums are up on the site for streaming as well. Links to the catalogue entries below....

Polyethylene Pet "The Masks We Will Wear" (Dec 2020)

Kimara Sajn/+1 "Ghosts At Play" (May 2021)

Use the stream link to get to the stream, access as usual from there....

Thanks everyone for the kind comments! I hope you get some pleasure from the albums

Happy Friday, eh? Ta for now,

Kim
    And the code is a play, a play is a song, a song is a film, a film is a dance...

one bumpity bump...

Congratulations on the release of your 2nd album this year, Kim.
    I love the piano sound you have on these recordings.
    An old upright? the piano strings almost sound like guitar strings.

Very creative soulful work on this.
    Soundcloud page: Richard Hermans, musical meanderings https://soundcloud.com/precipice YouTube: [https://www.youtube.com/@richardhermans4457

Thanks Richard
    Last edited by Polypet; 12-29-2021 at 04:31 PM.

one final bumpity bump....

Happy New Year, folks! Here's to more improvement in 2022 (last year was a judgement call but still better than 2020, imho).

I hope everyone finds themselves happy and healthy this year

Peace campers,

Kimara

Some of you may enjoy this. It's a new +1 song called "Today". Thus far not planned for anything. It came to me in a dream and, miraculously, i remembered it. That's really rare.

Anyway, i got it down on tape quickly and, with B.Sue's assistance, completed the track this weekend. I hope a few people here may listen and get some enjoyment from it. Stranger things have happened

It's been posted to our Red Balloon blog - http://paperjam.biz/redballoon/?p=1223
    Last edited by Polypet; 01-11-2022 at 01:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Polypet View Post
    Some of you may enjoy this. It's a new +1 song called "Today". Thus far not planned for anything. It came to me in a dream and, miraculously, i remembered it. That's really rare.

Anyway, i got it down on tape quickly and, with B.Sue's assistance, completed the track this weekend. I hope a few people here may listen and get some enjoyment from it. Stranger things have happened

It's been posted to our Red Balloon blog - http://paperjam.biz/redballoon/?p=1223
    This is beautiful, Kim. Both musically and lyrically.

Sitting here getting goosebumps while listening to it. And this came to you in a dream?! I'm really glad you remembered it and that you and B.Sue were able to get it recorded/finished. Thank you for sharing. I do hope that this finds a home on an album release, or as a single or something -- just so that it can get out there into the world and be heard by more people. I'll be sharing the tune with some friends and family.

Your music has been a gift. The world is a better place because of you.

That's very sweet of you, thanks. Yes i'm so pleased with it. Having B.Sue's help was a real treat

We'll see what happens. I think i've told you privately that i've not been writing songs very much the last couple of years. 2020 took a lot out of me. Apart from "Idiots" and the like, that is. So it was wonderful to have something come to me like this. It's surprisingly hopeful and upbeat.

I'm very happy to know you're enjoying it! Do feel free to share the link, definitely. There may be some who feel it isn't, you know, "prog" enough but there's a reason it's a +1 track. So... be very afraid

Quote Originally Posted by Polypet View Post
    That's very sweet of you, thanks. Yes i'm so pleased with it. Having B.Sue's help was a real treat

We'll see what happens. I think i've told you privately that i've not been writing songs very much the last couple of years. 2020 took a lot out of me. Apart from "Idiots" and the like, that is. So it was wonderful to have something come to me like this. It's surprisingly hopeful and upbeat.

I'm very happy to know you're enjoying it! Do feel free to share the link, definitely. There may be some who feel it isn't, you know, "prog" enough but there's a reason it's a +1 track. So... be very afraid
    It's comforting to know that you continue to write and create, in spite of the negative influences around us. I do remember you telling me that you haven't been writing as much, which is certainly understandable. It always makes me happy to see a new thread from you here on PE, announcing a new song/album though. I dislike the way I write posts here sometimes, or the tone that comes across in my posts, and I don't want to sound sycophantic or insincere in what I say. I have to rein myself in at times in that regard.

But I love how "Today" has an upbeat feeling in the music, counterbalanced with the wistful lyrics (or at least wistful to me). When a song makes me feel a strong emotion, that's something priceless IMO.

Like you said, there may be some people who feel this song isn't prog enough, but that's okay -- it doesn't need to be prog.

Quote Originally Posted by aith01 View Post
    It's comforting to know that you continue to write and create, in spite of the negative influences around us. I do remember you telling me that you haven't been writing as much, which is certainly understandable. It always makes me happy to see a new thread from you here on PE, announcing a new song/album though. I dislike the way I write posts here sometimes, or the tone that comes across in my posts, and I don't want to sound sycophantic or insincere in what I say. I have to rein myself in at times in that regard.
    Oh not at all. I like reading your thoughts and comments on all the different posts here. I think you have a real discerning ear. Of course, i'm biased. Seriously, thank you!

But I love how "Today" has an upbeat feeling in the music, counterbalanced with the wistful lyrics (or at least wistful to me). When a song makes me feel a strong emotion, that's something priceless IMO.
    Thanks again. Yeah, I do tend to have that wistful thing in a lot of my stuff.

Like you said, there may be some people who feel this song isn't prog enough, but that's okay -- it doesn't need to be prog.
    Yeah, it's fine. I never care about that, as you know. Whatever album it's on is likely to be plenty avant in its own right, surely. This one isn't meant for a "song collection" type album, of that i'm sure. A station break and something really out there will follow it, i bet

Thanks yet again for your kind words about our music. It means a lot to me. Plus it's nice to have at least one person listening to it

Downloaded Today ...erm today! What a beaut Kim! An earworm for the setting sun!

I had a dream song last year which I recalled and wrote down and may record sometime even though it is about someone riding around on a toy tractor trying to save someone from being castrated. The mind eh?

You need help, Richard

I can't wait to hear the music which comes from that dream!