Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Steve Hackett Announces Foxtrot At Fifty UK Tour For 2022

Steve Hackett Announces Foxtrot At Fifty UK Tour For 2022

From UDiscoverMusic.com-

Steve Hackett has announced his latest tour in support of Genesis 1972 album Foxtrot. Hacketts Foxtrot At Fifty _ Hackett Highlights will take place in September and October next year. Tickets go on sale Friday December 10 at 10am.

Hackett joined Genesis in 1971, making his band debut on the Nursery Cryme album which enjoyed a greater commercial success in Europe than the UK. After extensive touring, the band were encouraged, by audience reactions, to further experiment with ever longer compositions and develop their ability to incorporate strong narratives. This, in turn, allowed frontman Peter Gabriel more opportunity to indulge in the theatrics which helped to raise the bands profile.

I think Foxtrot was a terrific achievement for Genesis at that time, says Hackett. I think there is not one weak track on the album, they all have their strong points and Im really looking forward to doing the whole album live.

Suppers Ready was a sojourn, an odyssey and something that goes down very, very well with audiences now. Hackett adds. As part of Seconds Out Ive been playing the whole of that again, it really has stood the test of time.

Steve Hacketts Foxtrot At Fifty + Hackett Highlights tour dates for 2022 are as follows:

Sep 9: Swansea Arena
    Sep 10: Cardiff St. Davids Hall
    Sep 11: Cambridge Corn Exchange
    Sep 13: Aylesbury Waterside
    Sep 14: Torquay Princess Theatre
    Sep 16: Portsmouth Guildhall
    Sep 17: Bexhill De La Warr Pavilion
    Sep 18: Birmingham Symphony Hall
    Sep 20: Hull City Hall
    Sep 22: Gateshead Sage
    Sep 23: Glasgow Royal Concert Hall
    Sep 24: York Barbican
    Sep 26: Buxton Opera House
    Sep 27: Grimsby Auditorium
    Sep 28: Northampton Derngate
    Sep 30: Sheffield City Hall
    Oct 1: Manchester O2 Apollo
    Oct 3: Southend Cliffs Pavillion
    Oct 4: Ipswich Regent Theatre
    Oct 5: Bath Forum
    Oct 7: Leicester De Montfort Hall
    Oct 8: Liverpool Philharmonic
    Oct 9: Brighton Brighton Centre
    Oct 11: Bournemouth Pavilion
    Oct 12: London Eventim Apollo.

Good news, we can hear Suppers Ready for a change

Sent from my SM-J330FN using Tapatalk

I suppose this will mark the first ever (official) performance of Time Table live.
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk

I can't help thinking it's a bit ironic that he left Genesis to focus on a solo career and ends up spending later years doing Genesis tributes.
    'I would advise stilts for the quagmires"

Quote Originally Posted by Piskie View Post
    I can't help thinking it's a bit ironic that he left Genesis to focus on a solo career and ends up spending later years doing Genesis tributes.
    It's not as if he's NOT doing a solo career (even if his latest albums all sound alike). But you have to fund it somehow, and the original band can't do this kind of thing anymore, so why not step into the void and make some money?
    "Arf." -- Frank Zappa, "Beauty Knows No Pain" (live version)

^^ Not criticising -I love Voyage of the Acolyte- just wish he's stayed with the band back then- they were better with him!
    'I would advise stilts for the quagmires"

Before he started doing these Genesis shows his solo tours were playing at tiny venues, I guess it was the way things had to go and I don't think too many people are complaining. To be brutally honest I would rather hear Genesis music than his latter day solo stuff which is very sleep inducing imho.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve983 View Post
    Before he started doing these Genesis shows his solo tours were playing at tiny venues, I guess it was the way things had to go and I don't think too many people are complaining. To be brutally honest I would rather hear Genesis music than his latter day solo stuff which is very sleep inducing imho.
    And it's not like Mike, Tony and Phil were playing this stuff (at least not as part of a medley.) Other than The Musical Box and other tribute groups, nobody was, and I think Steve was within his rights to think, "If anyone's going to make money playing this stuff live it might as well be me!"
    I'm holding out for the Wilson-mixed 5.1 super-duper walletbuster special anniversary extra adjectives edition.

^^ Not criticising -I love Voyage of the Acolyte- just wish he's stayed with the band back then- they were better with him!
    Can you imagine what Hackett would have contributed to We Can't Dance ? [emoji6]

Sent from my SM-T290 using Tapatalk

LOL .... was thinking that exact same thing a few weeks ago. I suppose the 'answer' is that he's done both; legacy Genesis I am sure pays the bills in ways that SH solo stuff does not. I saw him in NYC many years ago (after Darktown) and I recall very little Genesis.

I bet he’s making millions a year now. As he missed out on the lucrative years of the 80s, I’m happy for him.

Quote Originally Posted by FirthOf5th View Post
    I bet he’s making millions a year now. As he missed out on the lucrative years of the 80s, I’m happy for him.
    I'm happy for him that he seems able to make a living from the music he has made and been a part of over the course of his life. I very much doubt if it amounts to "millions a year".

I hope to make one of the US shows in the spring, and I'll be glad to hear the Genesis material and the music from his solo albums.
    David
    Happy with what I have to be happy with.

Quote Originally Posted by proggy_jazzer View Post
    I'm happy for him that he seems able to make a living from the music he has made and been a part of over the course of his life. I very much doubt if it amounts to "millions a year".

I hope to make one of the US shows in the spring, and I'll be glad to hear the Genesis material and the music from his solo albums.

Do the math on ticket prices and the decent sized venues he’s filling. That’s multimillion dollars per year. Granted , there are a lot of expenses and most of it doesn’t make it to his pocket, but a lot does. Plus merchandise and meet and greets.

Quote Originally Posted by FirthOf5th View Post
    Do the math on ticket prices and the decent sized venues he’s filling. That’s multimillion dollars per year. Granted , there are a lot of expenses and most of it doesn’t make it to his pocket, but a lot does. Plus merchandise and meet and greets.
    I have no need or desire to do the math. You think he's making millions, I doubt it. Neither of us knows, or is likely to ever know. Seems we're both happy for him, no matter what, so we should probably leave it at that.
    David
    Happy with what I have to be happy with.

This. I'm thrilled he's finally benefiting from both his time with Genesis and his solo career. He got to do it his way and its finally paying off. And if Genesis won't play any of the old stuff, more power to Hackett for not only paying tribute to this great music but sharing it with fans. According to various websites that estimate celebrities worth, he's worth 20M, Banks 50M, Rutherford 60M, Gabriel 90M and Collins an absurd 300M.

I've got tickets to see Seconds Out in April. This will be my 5th Hackett show and my 4th since he started touring Genesis stuff and all I can say is he and his band do an excellent job. My favorite show so far was the Voyage to Wolflight show, one set of Hackett solo and one set of Genesis. It was a great mix.

I have no need or desire to do the math. You think he's making millions, I doubt it. Neither of us knows, or is likely to ever know. Seems we're both happy for him, no matter what, so we should probably leave it at that.
    I do not think he makes millions but what I like is ticket prices, meet & greet and merchandise are at a much affordable price compared to many others.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve983 View Post
    Yeah I feel a little bad that I don't like the modern solo stuff more actually... I guess it's irrational to feel guilt for not liking an album but he's been so consistently dedicated and seems so invested in the work, and he's done so much I admire, so I always feel bad putting on Edge of Light and going "eh it's fine." I do try to always buy a copy of the new album at the Genesis tribute shows.

Quote Originally Posted by EBES View Post
    Yeah I feel a little bad that I don't like the modern solo stuff more actually... I guess it's irrational to feel guilt for not liking an album but he's been so consistently dedicated and seems so invested in the work, and he's done so much I admire, so I always feel bad putting on Edge of Light and going "eh it's fine." I do try to always buy a copy of the new album at the Genesis tribute shows.
    I'm pleased for him having the success now that he has. At age 70+ (?), its a little ironic that touring wise he is now more popular than ever, good on him for keeping the music alive.

Steve has earned the right to do whatever he wants.

And his backing band is fire!!!
    The Prog Corner

Suppers Ready, yes. And Can-Utility and the Coastliners, which I haven't heard since his 2015-2016 Wolflight tour.

Was hoping for sum sort of edited Lamb tour but Foxtrot will do just fine.
    He also has band members on his pay roll (Nad Sylvan gave up his day job to become a fully paid up member of his band) so the longer he can keep these Genesis revisited tours going is also fine by me. He and his band have a right to earn a living and pay the bills like the rest of us!

So people expect to him to stay true to what he wanted to do when he was 28 or 30 years years old? And then he remained true to doing solo shows for like what, 30 years?

I think Uli Jon Roth has the same problem. He didn't discover that he could pack in theaters year after year by revisiting his old Scorpions material, after like 30 years of doing solo stuff.

Both shows kick major ass. There is nothing wrong with owning your own legacy, especially when you are doing it proud. They can make all the money they want, good for them! I will be a customer.

Quote Originally Posted by Man In The Mountain View Post
    Both shows kick major ass. There is nothing wrong with owning your own legacy, especially when you are doing it proud. They can make all the money they want, good for them! I will be a customer.

Yeah that's pretty well-said. It's wonderful that the music still gets a skillful and respectful live airing, and I'm glad he can earn a living from it and still also make new stuff, even if the new stuff isn't my kind of thing.

By what it seems, the Anniversary tours will now be an annual event for Steve's band like Festivals. As long as he can still do it, God bless him.

But it is getting to be a little too much of the same old, same old? The first three Genesis Revisited tours were exciting but, this is getting to be kind of overkill, at least The Musical Box is advertised as a true tribute band and makes no bones about it. So does this make the Steve Hackett band a hybrid of Genesis renditions and his own material?

Steve Hackett even has the luxury of skipping dates in Texas, but only time will tell how long he can keep on doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rajaz View Post

Steve Hackett even has the luxury of skipping dates in Texas, but only time will tell how long he can keep on doing it.
    And those of us down in this neck of the woods wish he would STOP skipping this area on his tours. The Dallas area alone is a great prog market. Crimson was just here recently, The Pineapple Thief & RIverside are both coming and Dream Theater makes regular stops, etc., etc.