Thread: Shadowfax-The Lost Years.

Early Shadowfax was one of the best. They tore it up.

Hmmm, where did these come from? They'd make good bonus tracks to a "Watercourse Way - original mix" reissue.

Wow! Think they were listening to Mahavishnu Orchestra much?

GOOD stuff though. Very nice find.
    "Incredibly dismal, pathetic chord sequence..."
    http://discogs.com/seller/septober_energy

Quote Originally Posted by rcarlberg View Post
    Hmmm, where did these come from? They'd make good bonus tracks to a "Watercourse Way - original mix" reissue.
    Oh yes please (they could also add this early live gig) ! But of course that wont happen .

Thanx Rand for pointing out!

Hello, Esoteric? I think the original WW + bonus tracks would be a great reissue for the Esoteric fanbase, me included.

BTW I am listening right now to the Windham Hill eponymous debut. New age for sure, but very very good new age!

Quote Originally Posted by rcarlberg View Post
    They came directly from G.E. Stinson himself. We are friends on facebook and so is Phil Maggini their bass player. That 2-cd boot that some vendors are selling of the 1978 Live concert at Wise Fool's Pub in Chicago is completely endorsed by both of them. They know they are not going to make a dime off the fusion stuff,so they told me "Fans have at it". Is this kind of music worth $25? Well,that's up to you. Personally,it was to me. Some of that album is more intense than Mahavishnu. These unreleased songs sans Linear Dance are on the boot,but hotter!

Btw,the Windham Hill mix of Watercourse Way was redone intentionally and 2 band members,maybe 3 are no longer breathing,so imho,it might be a bit rude to request the original mix,when nobody in the band was happy with it. If you need the orig. mix that badly, get the lp...they are widely available and it sports great artwork too. I own 2 and one is signed by the band. I might be inclined to sell the extra. As it is now,I think I'll just buy me a Windham Hill cd,since I have the lp of that mix,but don't have a reliable turntable. Bottom line-ENJOY! and I'll ask G.E. if there are any more of these fiery pieces he could load to soundcloud?
    Last edited by Rand Kelly; 03-18-2013 at 08:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rand Kelly View Post
    If you need the orig. mix that badly, get the lp...
    I have, and did, and posted the results.

Quote Originally Posted by Rand Kelly View Post
    the 1978 Live concert at Wise Fool's Pub in Chicago
    You know what... I think I was there! I don't know how often they played at The Wise Fools, but that's where I saw them and the time frame is about right. Cool; next best thing to having a time machine!

I remember liking them a lot, but for reasons I can't explain (even to myself), I never heard any of their albums. I'm listening now; sounds great!

Damn, that's good stuff.