Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Prog Magazine's Top 20 For 2021

Quote Originally Posted by Steve983 View Post
    Good point. I own 2 or 3 from that list, haven't even heard of many of them. I always get the feeling that Prog magazine is trying to drag the genre into a slightly more alternative/indie direction which might be a good thing but yeah Prog means different things to different people - maybe that's a good thing too.
    I was at Barnes and Noble today, looking to buy a CD. Didn't find anything so I walked over to the magazine rack, to kill a few minutes. There was PROG Mag, with Marillion on the cover, and a sampler CD. I almost purchased it but talked myself out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    Thanks - that had certainly passed me by!

Based on a quick listen it's very pleasant, but I don't think would be in contention for my 2021 top list.
    “your ognna pay pay with my wrath of ballbat”

Bandcamp Profile

It is bandcamp friday, so I thought; what the hell, lets get that Anchoress album. Maybe the wife will like it if I dont.

Its nice melodic pop. Certainly not very proggy.

I have a DVD of a movie called The Anchoress. Haven't watched it yet.

No Glass Hammer, No Peace.

Any new issues of Prog in the USA since Sept of last year w Marillion on the cover?

Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    ^ The Discogs entry has the release date as January 12, 2021. Since the submitter was Mauro Moroni, I'll have to take his word for it.
    :-D

I was going from the RYM release date of December 10, 2020. They appear to have taken the date from Ciro Perrino's Bandcamp: https://ciroperrino.bandcamp.com/

Maybe Mauro had the physical copies released in January but it was available digitally in December? Or Ciro jumped the gun and uploaded it to Bandcamp early?

In any case I think there's enough evidence for me to still consider it a 2020 release, but I'll allow you to consider it a 2021 release as well .
    Infinite Ceiling on www.ckcufm.com every Thursday night at 8:30 with me or Mark Keill, archived shows: https://cod.ckcufm.com/programs/112/...tml?filter=all
    Electronic Meditation on www.ckcufm.com archived shows: https://cod.ckcufm.com/programs/462/...tml?filter=all

Quote Originally Posted by Brian View Post
    Any new issues of Prog in the USA since Sept of last year w Marillion on the cover?
    The Tarkus issue rolled into my mailbox yesterday....