Thread: Another killer video from Eyal Amir (with Jordan Rudess and Bryan Scary too)

Another killer video from Eyal Amir (with Jordan Rudess and Bryan Scary too)

Greetings,

My very talented friend Eyal Amir just released another VideoSong this afternoon:

It's quite a bit different in style and approach from anything he's done before, but every bit as awesome IMO. Jordan Rudess puts in another great appearance (on Ableton Push), Bryan Scary delivers a great lead vocal performance, and Ariel Shafir offers up some very dynamic drumming on this new one. Enjoy!

Cheers,

Alan
    Last edited by AdventAlan; 03-18-2013 at 08:53 PM.

Whoa!! You hit the nail on the head a "killer video".

Very cool! For a moment there, I thought the contribution of Rudess was his use of an apple.

Gentle Giant for the cyber generation!
    no tunes, no dynamics, no nosebone

Monotheistic Supernalist ProgPariah77's Avatar
    Excellence in action. I look forward to seeing what they'll do next.

Quote Originally Posted by ProgPariah77 View Post
    Excellence in action. I look forward to seeing what they'll do next.
    Haircuts and shaves? And Rudess really needs to get rid of that thing on his face.

Quote Originally Posted by Yanks2009 View Post
    Haircuts and shaves? And Rudess really needs to get rid of that thing on his face.
    Are you suggesting you don't like my hair?!

Quote Originally Posted by EyalAmir View Post
    Are you suggesting you don't like my hair?!
    Nah, just having fun with it, everyone is so hairy, aside from the top of Jordan's bald head. Love the music, which is all that matters.

Indeed, quite good.

That was a lot of FUN!!!!!!!!!! thanks for posting.

Now, ladies and gentlemen, this is without doubt progressive music, appropriate for the 21st century. As opposed to recycling the KC, Yes and Genesis sound from the Oil Crisis era.

So, when is the album due?

Quote Originally Posted by LongFrog View Post
    Now, ladies and gentlemen, this is without doubt progressive music, appropriate for the 21st century. As opposed to recycling the KC, Yes and Genesis sound from the Oil Crisis era.
    That is an unnessesary criticism of the current prog scene. For me, this is really progressive pop, and very well done at that, and not a criticism at all. But I love a lot of the more derivitive groups as well. No reason to praise one thing by knocking another.

That is an unnessesary criticism of the current prog scene. For me, this is really progressive pop, and very well done at that, and not a criticism at all. But I love a lot of the more derivitive groups as well. No reason to praise one thing by knocking another.
    Well said Thomas.
    Be a loyal plastic robot for a world that doesn't care... Frank Zappa

I agree, an accurate observation. These guys are great!!! But seriously, has Jordan seen that thing?

Fortunately, "the current prog scene" isn't all about KC, Yes, and Genesis recycled.

I do agree that this piece does define what "progressive music" is all about.

RnL, Anakdota, Eyal Amir - - - it's all outstanding music. So, when will we see a CD from any of these projects? All this sonic teasing with no full-length CD as a result is getting a bit frustrating! - - - - - Jeff

Quote Originally Posted by Amy View Post
    Fortunately, "the current prog scene" isn't all about KC, Yes, and Genesis recycled.

I do agree that this piece does define what "progressive music" is all about.
    I am just looking for the new (to me) good music that is out there. I couldn't care less if a band gets pigeonholed as Genre A or Genre B, as long as they show innovation, inspiration, taste and good musicianship.

Thank you so much, everyone.

I agree, an accurate observation. These guys are great!!! But seriously, has Jordan seen that thing?
    What do you mean? Of course he has seen it, he's in it!

RnL, Anakdota, Eyal Amir - - - it's all outstanding music. So, when will we see a CD from any of these projects? All this sonic teasing with no full-length CD as a result is getting a bit frustrating! - - - - - Jeff
    Thank you! Regarding the album thing - I'm thinking about it quite a lot. I really wanna make one, but also as a fan of bands who actually make great albums, I want the album to be something with some extra value to it as a whole and not just a collection of some songs.

I'm sure it will happen at the right point in time though!

Indeed, there's some mind-blowing stuff out there!