Thread: New Chat With Steve Hillage on Gong Archival Releases and More...

New Chat With Steve Hillage on Gong Archival Releases and More...

For Episode #108 we caught up with legendary "space rock" guitar pioneer Steve Hillage. Steve is busy working on a big boxed set of unreleased Gong material at the moment, which should excite fans everywhere. Recently the reunion show from 2006 was released on CD- Gong “Live At The Gong Family Unconventional Gathering”. We also discuss some of Steve's solo albums like L and Fish Rising, early influences, his guitar choices over the years, the "glissando" guitar technique, his long standing friendship with Canterbury "prog keys god" Dave Stewart and more...

Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    Awesome!!
    What can this strange device be? When I touch it, it brings forth a sound (2112)

Quote Originally Posted by Sean View Post
    For Episode #108 we caught up with legendary "space rock" guitar pioneer Steve Hillage. Steve is busy working on a big boxed set of unreleased Gong material at the moment, which should excite fans everywhere. Recently the reunion show from 2006 was released on CD- Gong “Live At The Gong Family Unconventional Gathering”. We also discuss some of Steve's solo albums like L and Fish Rising, early influences, his guitar choices over the years, the "glissando" guitar technique, his long standing friendship with Canterbury "prog keys god" Dave Stewart and more...

Great interview!

Thank you. Very enjoyable.
    'I would advise stilts for the quagmires"

Thanks for checking it out. Steve was real easy to chat with.

So many thanks for this! Steve Hillage is a wonderful musician.

I'm sure I read an interview from a few years back where he said he had a few ideas that might lead to a new Steve Hillage Band album...doesn't look like he's made any progress on that idea.
    'I would advise stilts for the quagmires"