Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: If Chris Squire retired....

oh come on...... if Squire retires they should call it quits. enough's enough!

They could call themselves Davidson , Downes , Howe & White - An evening of Asia & Yes Music Plus !!!! Get Billy Sheehan or Tony Levin in as session players and it might work !
    Last edited by Rufus; 03-19-2013 at 02:04 PM.

Squacket anyone?
    no tunes, no dynamics, no nosebone

Quote Originally Posted by nosebone View Post
    Squacket anyone?
    ABW&H anyone?

Lunch, anyone?
    Gnish-gnosh borble wiff, shlauuffin oople tirk.

Quote Originally Posted by Rufus View Post
    Davidson, Downes, Howe & White - An evening of Asia & Yes Music Plus !!!!
    With Greg Lake on bass!! A last minute replacement before the live video shoot in Japan!

i'm sure that with the help of an advisor, he could put together a decent pension plan.

Quote Originally Posted by iguana View Post
    i had never been under the impression that billy sherwood interfered a great deal with steve howe’s guitar hegemony, but rather managed to carve out his own modest niche, more like a dextrous strummer and soundscapist. i rather liked that combination.
    I think it's more an ego thing rather than anything that Billy might have actually done. I think Steve viewed the guitar chair in the band as his and he shouldn't have to share it with anyone. I kinda like what Billy brought to the band. Not only did his guitar playing add a nice texture on a lot of songs, but he also had the ability to sing the Rabin era stuff.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by GuitarGeek View Post
    I think it's more an ego thing rather than anything that Billy might have actually done. I think Steve viewed the guitar chair in the band as his and he shouldn't have to share it with anyone. I kinda like what Billy brought to the band. Not only did his guitar playing add a nice texture on a lot of songs, but he also had the ability to sing the Rabin era stuff.
    Are there vids on YouTube of him singing the YesWest stuff?

the reversal to a classic mode of YES (with the “masterworks” tour in 2000) after dissatisfaction and lack of success with a newly-configurated YES may have had something to with that, too. and that determines steve howe as the only guitar player. i have no problem seeing billy as a bass player alongside steve – just to steer this thread back

Peggy rocks!

Bootsy, baby.
    Oddly enough, this was going to be my joke contribution to this thread. Glad I read the earlier posts!

Quote Originally Posted by zombywoof View Post
    Peggy rocks!
    He does, and it was him blowing me away at a FC gig a few weeks ago (I'd not seen them live for ages) that got me thinking about this.

I've just been listening to Dream Theater's version of Heart of the Sunrise ('Uncovered 2003-2005' from 2009) and it occurred to me that John Myung is faultless.

I've also remembered that Billy Sheehan is a monster!
    Member since Wednesday 09.09.09

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ears View Post
    I've just been listening to Dream Theater's version of Heart of the Sunrise ('Uncovered 2003-2005' from 2009) and it occurred to me that John Myung is faultless.
    When you can hear him.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

^ I would say he's less audible on Machine Messiah.
    Member since Wednesday 09.09.09

Quote Originally Posted by JIF View Post
    Are there vids on YouTube of him singing the YesWest stuff?

That's about all I could find. You can hear him singing during the bridge, at about 3:10. I think Billy sings one line, then Chris, then Jon (or maybe it's Chris then Billy, not sure).

There's one clip of Hearts from The Ladder tour, but the band is all but drowned out. Other than Owner Of A Lonely Heart and Cinema, those are the only Rabin era Yessongs I remember being played during the 97-99 era.

Banned

That's about all I could find. You can hear him singing during the bridge, at about 3:10. I think Billy sings one line, then Chris, then Jon (or maybe it's Chris then Billy, not sure).

There's one clip of Hearts from The Ladder tour, but the band is all but drowned out. Other than Owner Of A Lonely Heart and Cinema, those are the only Rabin era Yessongs I remember being played during the 97-99 era.
    You were right the first time(Billy, Chris, then Jon). Btw, was Jon having an off night? Was he sick? Just asking cause his voice doesn't sound well on that clip.

Quote Originally Posted by Casey View Post
    I hear Roger Waters is looking for a new gig?
    Really?? I think Rog is doing just fine milking that Wall show for all it's worth. And according to Billboard and Pollstar, it's worth quite a bit.

$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$
    "Henry Cow always wanted to push itself, so sometimes we would write music that we couldn't actually play – I found that very encouraging." - Lindsay Cooper, 1998
    "I have nothing to do with Endless River. Phew! This is not rocket science people, get a grip." - Roger Waters, 2014
    "I'm a collector. And I've always just seemed to collect personalities." - David Bowie, 1973

John Entwistle.

Quote Originally Posted by Obscured View Post
    Really?? I think Rog is doing just fine milking that Wall show for all it's worth. And according to Billboard and Pollstar, it's worth quite a bit.

$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$
    He's certainly entitled to. And he is giving people their money's worth with such a spectacular presentation. Milking's a bit harsh, IMO. If he were truly milking it, he would have released a DVD of the original PF shows by now. There is quality footage available.

Quote Originally Posted by ronmac View Post
    He's certainly entitled to. And he is giving people their money's worth with such a spectacular presentation. Milking's a bit harsh, IMO. If he were truly milking it, he would have released a DVD of the original PF shows by now. There is quality footage available.
    But if he did that he'd have to share with Dave and Nick.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikhael View Post
    Lunch, anyone?
    I'll be in the car...
    "So...you seek understanding. Then listen to the music and not the song..." - Kosh

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by trurl View Post
    But if he did that he'd have to share with Dave and Nick.
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but ronmac said "original Pink Floyd" did he not? David Gilmour was not part of the original Pink Floyd(Syd Barrett was). So, Dave probably wouldn't have gotten paid.

Yeah.... Letting it go.