Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213

Thread: Porcupine Tree - New advert from Wilson on Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by jefftiger View Post
    I agree. I find the big white squares very annoying. I do recall in one of Wilson's recent interviews that he addressed his motivation for putting these squares in all of the pictures. He was making some sort of profound artistic statement, but I can no longer remember the details!
    I think he made some reference to the cover of Led Zep's Presence with the black shape in the middle...whatever!

Sent from my SM-J330FN using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by yesman1955 View Post
    I keep getting a "not found 404" when I try to access the link. Is it possible this is not available to USA buyers?
    I saw a post on Twitter from another US person stating that he was getting the dreaded 404 error. I'm able to get to the sales page in Virginia. This works for me:
    https://porcupinetree.tmstor.es/prod...ose_location=1
    Last edited by jefftiger; 1 Week Ago at 11:14 AM.

Listening for the first time as I write this. I love it! Everything I want in a Porcupine Tree record is here. This is going to take me multiple listens to really absorb, but my first impression is very good.

I liked it enough after a few listens to buy the CD when in HMV today. There were so many buying options, three different vinyl colours, mega box set at crazy price, however I went for the cheapest option as I have every other PT release on CD, so might as well file consistently.

Thanks, Jefftiger! I now have the deluxe edition (with FLAC files no less) in digital form. You are an awesome human person!

Quote Originally Posted by 3LockBox View Post
    Somebody stop Scrotum Scissor from buying up all the copies, damn it!
    I'll only want to purchase it if it sounds a bit modern and makes me imagine 50 to be the new 19.

Quote Originally Posted by mozo-pg View Post
    I read a glowing review online - described it as a "masterpiece".
    Then I'll have to get two copies. One for myself and a second one for my mother, who passed away in 1996. When there's a glowing review anywhere online to be read, describing anything whatsoever to be a "masterpiece", then I'm all for it.
    "Improvisation is not an excuse for musical laziness" - Fred Frith
    "[...] things that we never dreamed of doing in Crimson or in any band that I've been in," - Tony Levin speaking of SGM

hiding out in treetops, shouting out rude names
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrotum Scissor View Post
    When there's a glowing review anywhere online to be read, describing anything whatsoever to be a "masterpiece", then I'm all for it.
    Sounds like a good practice but I'd also hold out for the word 'genius' as well

Apparently, everyone has received their copy but me, lol! I'll continue to be patient.

Neil
    Last edited by boilk; 12 Hours Ago at 07:31 PM.

hiding out in treetops, shouting out rude names
    Quote Originally Posted by boilk View Post
    Apparently, everyone has received their copy but me, lol! I'll continue top be patient.

Neil
    I've been listening on YT Music. It's every bit as good their last two, but I think it falls short of Deadwing or In Absentia. If Steven could saved one of his pop tunes or rockers, just one even, it could have elevated this album up there with one of those middle period albums.

Quote Originally Posted by boilk View Post
    Apparently, everyone has received their copy but me, lol! I'll continue to be patient.

Neil
    Mine hasn't arrived yet either.

I haven't listened to the album online yet, been waiting until my vinyl copy arrives.
    "what's better, peanut butter or g-sharp minor?"
    - Sturgeon's Lawyer, 2021