Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Porcupine Tree - New advert from Wilson on Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Whitelight View Post
    There was a new company registered in the UK a few months called Porcupine Three with company directors Wilson, Harrison and Barbieri listed;

https://find-and-update.company-info...VEB8C-V9WQJoQg

I think this is what we are getting.
    If we are right in assuming Colin is not on board I suppose SW plays bass on the album or maybe Beggs...the suspense is killing me

Sent from my SM-T290 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Steve983; 10-30-2021 at 11:33 AM.

And more teasing on YouTube

^Ah. I see it now. They’re starting a lawn maintenance company. Porcupine Tree and Lawn Service.
    I want to dynamite your mind with love tonight.

Kinda funny to see so much pre-emptive complaining about the people who will presumably complain about this reunion (if that's what it is).

Quote Originally Posted by Aggie87 View Post
    Kinda funny to see so much pre-emptive complaining about the people who will presumably complain about this reunion (if that's what it is).
    Kinda funny to see complaints about complaining about the people that will complain. We can do this all day. Doesn't change the fact that there is a segment of his fanbase that acts like petulant children no matter what he does. Half the comments on these recent Facebook posts are preemptive complaints that it won't be a reunion.

also interested, would be fantastic to have a new Porcupine Tree album, it has been far too long ago since the last one.

Well, I signed up for the newsletter earlier and this'd be an awesome b-day present if it's still got the core members. No reason to believe it doesn't, I'm just dying to see who's recruited for bass duty. I (and likely several here) go back with Richard over 40 years, and one of my great delights was discovering his name in the credits as a full band member (not guest) on Up The Downstair all those years back. Old guys rule! I came to PT because of No-Man, which I came to because of Robert Fripp on FLowermouth. Good circles to travel in!

I'm interested in any Wilson project, although his presence is really only a guarantee of great production and engineering. Even when I don't like what he's doing, I usually appreciate what he's attempting to do. Everybody is gonna whine if they think they have a vested interest for whatever reason. I don't think Steven would call it PT with a reformed group, he knows that would just invite bad will and his name is enough of a draw on its own at this point. TBH, I love Gavin but wasn't as big a fan of their move to the heavier sound on their final discs after his joining. I'm guessing they're going to hit the ground running, and that Steven has been working on PT suitable material for some time. It does seem a tad odd though, that even after registering Porcupine Three he had a few digs on the progressive community regarding Future Bites. While it seemed like a bit of a knee-jerk, it also felt like he had no intention of revisiting old ground. Meh. Fingers crossed.

Although if it does turn out to be a box set/cash grab, that alone could be almost as entertaining on its own terms!

Have a look on Reddit, I'm suspicious the photo here could be a fake but I guess we'll find out tomorrow

https://www.reddit.com/r/stevenwilso...rcupine_three/

Maybe PT is reinvented as a power trio?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    -noisynoise
    www.polarizedguru.com - 5-piece jazz fusion group
    www.incandescentsky.com - inventive improvisational instrumental ensemble

Also on that reddit thread: "Based on a leak today, the C/C is Closure/Continuation, and a release date of June 24 2022"

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Also on that reddit thread: "Based on a leak today, the C/C is Closure/Continuation, and a release date of June 24 2022"
    I'm hoping the release isn't that far away, I was hoping before Christmas

Someone on that reddit thread mentioned Colin is now living in Australia? If he's not involved my dream would be that he'd hook up with Chris Maitland for some new music. They put some tasty grooves into older PT, which is part of their sound I've missed since In Absentia.
    I'm holding out for the Wilson-mixed 5.1 super-duper walletbuster special anniversary extra adjectives edition.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulrus View Post
    Someone on that reddit thread mentioned Colin is now living in Australia? If he's not involved my dream would be that he'd hook up with Chris Maitland for some new music. They put some tasty grooves into older PT, which is part of their sound I've missed since In Absentia.
    Colin has been releasing new music with his band Burnt Belief for the past decade.

I find it kind of strange that PT started out as basically a SW solo vehicle, then over time became a band, and then to do different things he had to start releasing albums as himself.

They have it announced on Facebook now.

"Porcupine Tree Closure/Continuation.
    The new album / 24.06.22
    Pre-Order Now
    Deluxe CD & Blu-Ray/Deluxe 3LP Vinyl
    CD/2LP vinyl/cassette"

Disappointed to not see a 10-CD box set available, but times are tough.

New album, UK/Euro tour, no Colin.
    Pre-order https://porcupinetree.tmstor.es/?lf=...ree_2021_11_01
    Sample track
    "One should never magnify the harsh light of reality with the mirror of prose onto the delicate wings of fantasy's butterfly"
    Thumpermonkey - How I Wrote The French Lieutenant's Woman

"I'm content to listen to what I like and keep my useless negative opinions about what I don't like to myself -- because no one is interested in hearing those anyway, and it contributes absolutely nothing to the conversation."
    aith01

I have just had an Email from Burning Shed announcing this. Available in several formats 3 vinyl formats, or 1 CD or Deluxe CD and Bluray with an exclusive art book. Release date 24th June 2022 !!

Great news but not until June! Hard to get excited with that long wait..

Sent from my SM-J330FN using Tapatalk

Listening to the new song now. To these ears it is far better than anything on the last two SW albums. I think I will go ahead and pre-order, just need to choose which version.

Ember
    The song is brilliant. The video is great as well, right up to that last shot, which certainly made me sit up.

Pre-order of the 3-disc set with shipping in the US adds up to $100. Yikes.

Odd that the release date is so far away, given that they have at least mock-ups of package designs, at least some music already in releasable form, and the promotion ready to launch. They must be planning an elaborate campaign, like the one Wilson had to abort for his last solo record, that will lead up to the release. There will have to be a tour, of course, no?
    "I have not yet begun to procrastinate."

I saw tour dates listed on the video announcement for about 15 cities in the UK/Euro area. No US dates listed yet. Goes by pretty fast, hard to read.

Quote Originally Posted by rdclark View Post
    The song is brilliant. The video is great as well, right up to that last shot, which certainly made me sit up.

Pre-order of the 3-disc set with shipping in the US adds up to $100. Yikes.

Odd that the release date is so far away, given that they have at least mock-ups of package designs, at least some music already in releasable form, and the promotion ready to launch. They must be planning an elaborate campaign, like the one Wilson had to abort for his last solo record, that will lead up to the release. There will have to be a tour, of course, no?
    The is a uk/euro tour in a years time.

Sent from my SM-J330FN using Tapatalk

Holy shit. That’s good.
    I want to dynamite your mind with love tonight.

New song is brilliant! Exactly what I'd wanted from the PT reform.

Agree, the new song is promising. It starts out a bit like some of Wilson's last album, but (to me at least) sounds more PT-like as it proceeds.

So, one London show in just over a year and then North America in 2023. That's a long wait for old folks like many of us!