Thread: Transatlantic anounces dates for 2022 Tour MorseFest & Canada

Transatlantic anounces dates for 2022 Tour MorseFest & Canada

TRANSATLANTIC (MORSE, PORTNOY, TREWAVAS & STOLT) have announced some dates for 2022 to promote the delayed "Absolute Universe" tour: At Morse fest and Canadian dates in Montreal and Quebec City seem confirmed for April 2022 but the Inside/Out website has mixed up the Neal Morse band dates with the Transatlantic dates so it gets a little confusing.

This note comes from Prog Montreal site:

TRANSATLANTIC - The Prog Supergroup of Neal Morse, Mike Portnoy, Roine Stolt & Pete Trewavas, are pleased to announce tour dates for North America and UK/Europe to take place in 2022. The group will visit Quebec on Monday, April 18, 2022 in Quebec City at the Palais Montcalm and on Tuesday, April 19, 2022 in Montreal at the M Telus Metropolis. The tour will be in support of the group's epic release The Absolute Universe which was released earlier this year in multiple versions. The North America dates kick off April 15th in Glenside, PA and concludes with performances at Morsefest 2022 and Cruise to the Edge.

Mike Portnoy had this to say about the upcoming tour:

"Between releasing our latest album in the middle of a worldwide pandemic & shutdown, and the already difficult task of trying to align our different schedules even in the most normal of circumstances, it was uncertain if Transatlantic would ever get to play any shows in support of The Absolute Universe.

But now with the world slowly re-opening and the band already committing to a few one-off appearances in 2022 (Cruise To The Edge, Morsefest and a Festival in Romania), we're excited to announce we were able to wrangle up some headlining shows surrounding these one-offs!

These are the ONLY shows we will be doing in support of The Absolute Universe so if we can't make it to your area, it may be worth traveling to come see us and share these special shows with us. While we wish we could do a full proper tour, getting to play ANY shows for this album is an unexpected treat that we weren't sure would ever happen... so better late than never!" - Mike Portnoy

Transatlantic 2022 MorseFest April.JPG

Transatlantic 2022 MTL April.JPG

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    I is confused. Is the PA show the only non-Morsefest US Transatlantic show? That and a few Canadian dates are hardly a North American tour, right?

Weren't they supposed to tour Europe next summer, including Paris ? I thought this wasn't mentioned because this was an America-centric announcement, but since a festival in Romania is also mentioned... Have the other European dates been cancelled ?
    Calyx (Canterbury Scene) - http://www.calyx-canterbury.fr
    Legends In Their Own Lunchtime (blog) - https://canterburyscene.wordpress.com/
    My latest books : "Yes" (2017) - https://lemotetlereste.com/musiques/yes/ + "L'Ecole de Canterbury" (2016) - http://lemotetlereste.com/musiques/lecoledecanterbury/ + "King Crimson" (2012/updated 2018) - http://lemotetlereste.com/musiques/kingcrimson/
    Canterbury & prog interviews - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCdf...IUPxUMA/videos

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    I is confused. Is the PA show the only non-Morsefest US Transatlantic show? That and a few Canadian dates are hardly a North American tour, right?
    For a band like TA, a major tour can present huge logistical challenges. Getting Morse and Portnoy together to match schedules is easy but with Pete Trewavas and Roine Stolt who are in bands of their own, it becomes harder. Marillion will again have their amazing Marillion weekends in 2022 (already on sale) and The Flower Kings should tour soon. I have been holding on to my FK tickets for their postponed shows and still no dates have been announced for 2022.

That's right, just a handful of shows is not a tour but since Cruise to the Edge, Morse Fest and the Rumanian Fest are crossroads for many Prog outfits, TA will benefit from them. The two Canadian dates + Glenside PA and Morse Frest can't hardly be a North American tour but as Portnoy said "this is while we wish we could do a full proper tour"
    Last edited by Rajaz; 10-26-2021 at 05:44 PM. Reason: added notes

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Yeah, they're all extremely busy guys, that's for sure.

I remember years ago, Steeleye Span did a tour of Connecticut, Rhode Island and Massachusetts, and called it an American Tour.

West of Worcester (Western Massachusetts)
    Got our Montreal Transatlantic tix weeks ago, but thanks for spreading the word!

Really hoping this is a miscommunication/error of some kind. Tix for the other dates are still on sale.

The Radiant site still lists all of the previously announced tour dates - I checked in on the Chicago (St Charles) show just yesterday to get a read on $$/availability. They are there ready to purchase.

Is the PA show an EXTRA one just added?

It is odd the actual Transatlantic Website doesn't list current tour dates (unless I missed it).

Odd this is coming up because the reason I double checked was out of concern that the NMB dates that got moved would effect the Transatlantic shows.

Ember
    I bought my Glenside PA ticket in August. It is weird that there’s no mention of the upcoming shows on transatlanticweb.com.
    "I have not yet begun to procrastinate."

Quote Originally Posted by rdclark View Post
    I bought my Glenside PA ticket in August. It is weird that there’s no mention of the upcoming shows on transatlanticweb.com.
    It gets even weirder on the Inside/Out website that has the Neal Morse band tour dates posted as Transatlantic dates and TA has none on theirs like you said.
    But the dates I mentioned at the start of the thread are on sale and confirmed like the Glenside concert as well. I'll take them as they come.

Ember
    Hmmm. Neal Morse Band featuring Roine Stolt and Pete Trewavas?
    "I have not yet begun to procrastinate."