Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: What have I missed? 5UU's!

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Sweet!
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Quote Originally Posted by chalkpie View Post
    Holy shit...I need to do it sober today, but I'm gonna guess it won't be 'quite' the same .
    I know that feeling; it’s one of my all time favorite albums to this day, but I have never recaptured the wonder and awe of being really high and hearing Hamonia ‘Deluxe’ for the first time….
    Steve F.

www.waysidemusic.com
    www.cuneiformrecords.com

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

“Remember, if it doesn't say "Cuneiform," it's not prog!” - THE Jed Levin

Any time any one speaks to me about any musical project, the one absolute given is "it will not make big money". [tip of the hat to HK]

"Death to false 'support the scene' prog!"

please add 'imo' wherever you like, to avoid offending those easily offended.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve F. View Post
    I know that feeling; it’s one of my all time favorite albums to this day, but I have never recaptured the wonder and awe of being really high and hearing Hamonia ‘Deluxe’ for the first time….
    Hearing an album for the first time with a nice buzz can be the ultimate in magical musical listening experiences for sure. Harmonia (and Krautrock in general) is great music while high! Actually, what's not?
    If it isn't Krautrock, it's krap.

"And it's only the giving
    That makes you what you are" - Ian Anderson

Hearing an album for the first time with a nice buzz can be the ultimate in magical musical listening experiences for sure. Harmonia (and Krautrock in general) is great music while high! Actually, what's not?
    In my retirement, where I care fuck all about drug tests and/or how much THC is in my system I've discovered the wonderful world of...

GUMMIES

My preferred is the hybrid of Indica and Sativa because Sativa alone kind of makes me feel like my head is going to explode (I won't take more than 10mg because I find that it gives me the perfect, roughly 3.5 hour buzz and it's perfect for taking in 3-5 albums, depending on their length.). Indica, on its own is fine, especially if I want to get a good nights sleep after my listening session but find the hybrid of Sativa/Indica mix is perfect for me.

One night a week is fine with me...but sometimes, especially if I have a bunch of new music I want to hear I'll go twice a week. My wife is great, she leaves me alone and basically puts up with the sound bleed coming out of the phones for several hours.

To answer your, probably rhetorical question about "what's not"?...nothing really. The enhancement works 100% across all types of music (I assume). So far, for me I've been concentrating on Acousmatic (what a surprise) and various electronic artists but lately, I've been listening to a whole lot of the avant-rock type stuff too. I'm getting very close to diving deep into the contemporary classical world "under the influence".

BTW, what's playing a big part here is, I just treated myself to a birthday present of some high end head phones (Hi Fi Man-Arya's) which are beyond words. Add those to the buzz mix and it's like...leave me the hell alone, don't talk to me, don't even look at me....can't you see I'm listenen to music here!!!

best
    Michael
    If it ain't acousmatique-It's crap

dear Dave Kerman

I am sorry I derailed the excitement surrounding the release of your new album by turning it into a thread about marijuana.

sincerely

Steve Feigenbaum
    Steve F.

www.waysidemusic.com
    www.cuneiformrecords.com

Any time any one speaks to me about any musical project, the one absolute given is "it will not make big money". [tip of the hat to HK]

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Sometimes weed can convince you that an album is better than it really is, though that won't be the case here. I once listened to a Juluka album in college while tripping slightly and , and somehow I was convinced that it sounded very much like a Peter Gabriel album, and that this was a life-changing realization! After the comedown, I listened to it again and found that it just sounded like Juluka.

Of course, the same thing happened with KC's Discipline and it WAS true!

Fantastic!
    "Improvisation is not an excuse for musical laziness" - Fred Frith
    "[...] things that we never dreamed of doing in Crimson or in any band that I've been in," - Tony Levin speaking of SGM

dear Dave Kerman

I am sorry I derailed the excitement surrounding the release of your new album by turning it into a thread about marijuana.

sincerely

Steve Feigenbaum
    Yeah, you should be sorry
    And the code is a play, a play is a song, a song is a film, a film is a dance...

a little prep work for the new one - enjoy!
    Artist formerly known as Phlakaton

Steve F.

www.waysidemusic.com
    www.cuneiformrecords.com

Woohoo
    Ian

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Sweet! He does a Porcupine Tree cover on this one too? Never knew he was such a big fan.

Sweet! He does a Porcupine Tree cover on this one too? Never knew he was such a big fan.
    There is also "Routine". Steven Wilson solo song cover! Double sweet!
    My progressive music site: https://pienemmatpurot.com/ Reviews in English: https://pienemmatpurot.com/in-english/

Hot damn!
    Artist formerly known as Phlakaton

Quote Originally Posted by Kcrimso View Post
    There is also "Routine". Steven Wilson solo song cover! Double sweet!

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Preordered!listening to the preview track now. Noice!

Few things give me the enjoyment I get from preordering an album on Bandcamp and then following the progress and updates, and anticipating the release, and the big release day! Almost like taking the 6 train down to Tower Records or Other Music to buy it! Sorta.

Sorry to be THAT guy, but is there a physical copy too?

Quote Originally Posted by flytomars View Post
    Sorry to be THAT guy, but is there a physical copy too?
    No.
    Steve F.

www.waysidemusic.com
    www.cuneiformrecords.com

No.
    Oh well... I`ll take whatever is available

I'm in like flint. New Kerman stuff is a cause for celebration...ooohhhh!

Oh well... I`ll take whatever is available

Well, thank you. I realize that it’s not ideal for some, but I have existed in a less than ideal world for decades and decades and I am no longer willing or able to thumb my nose at my realities.
    Steve F.

www.waysidemusic.com
    www.cuneiformrecords.com

Well, thank you. I realize that it’s not ideal for some, but I have existed in a less than ideal world for decades and decades and I am no longer willing or able to thumb my nose at my realities.
    I am sorry if it sounded as passive aggressive scrutiny, I am really thankful for any new 5UUs material I can get my grubby hands upon, whatever format it is.
    I fully understand your stance and if anything am disappointed with the world as it is today

Isn't that the Henry Cow book?
    Ian

I am sorry if it sounded as passive aggressive scrutiny
    I did not read it or take it that way.

I do realize that digital only releases are disappointing for some. I get that, but for us, at this time and situation regarding recorded music, this is the best we can do.
    Steve F.

www.waysidemusic.com
    www.cuneiformrecords.com

And from an environmental point if view, I commend artists/labels if they decide to go download only for that reason.