Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 126 to 150 of 174

Thread: Steve Hackett Genesis Revisited 2022 Tour - SECONDS OUT + MORE!

  1. #126
    随缘 SRS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    554
    Some more US and Canada dates coming at the end of the year
    Tickets on sale this Friday for the US shows


    29 November 2022 - Willfrid Pelletier, Montreal, CANADA - * SOLD OUT *

    30 November 2022 - Oakville Centre for Performing Arts, Oakville, ON, CANADA - * SOLD OUT *

    1 December 2022 - Oakville Centre for Performing Arts, Oakville, ON, CANADA - * SOLD OUT *

    New show added!
    2 December 2022 - Oakville Centre for Performing Arts, Oakville, ON, CANADA - TICKETS

    4 December 2022 - Grand Theatre de Quebec, Quebec City, QC, CANADA - TICKETS

    6 December 2022 - State Theatre of New Jersey, New Brunswick, NJ, USA - TICKETS - On sale 13 May

    7 December 2022 - Tarrytown Music Hall, Tarrytown, NY, USA - TICKETS - On sale 13 May

    8 December 2022 - Keswick Theatre, Glenside, PA, USA - TICKETS - On sale 13 May

    10 December 2022 - Patchogue Theatre for the Performing Arts, Patchogue, NY, USA - TICKETS - On sale 13 May

  2. #127
    Member dgtlman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    OKC, OK
    Posts
    511
    Why no Texas shows is beyond me

  3. #128
    Member Paulrus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    The Left Coast
    Posts
    1,969
    Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    ^ Damn. You had my Akron seat.

    Nice pic.
    That was my seat in Boulder. Excellent show, and surprisingly good sound. The place looked packed, and I think they chose to play a slightly smaller venue because they enjoyed getting an extra day in Boulder before the show.
    I'm holding out for the Wilson-mixed 5.1 super-duper walletbuster special anniversary extra adjectives edition.

  4. #129
    Quote Originally Posted by dgtlman View Post
    Why no Texas shows is beyond me

    Right there with you........

  5. #130
    Member Firth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Severn, MD
    Posts
    6,639
    On the verge of indecision
    I'll always take the roundabout way

  6. #131
    Member moecurlythanu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    The Planet Lovetron
    Posts
    10,486
    ^ Thanks for that!

  7. #132
    Member yesman1955's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Texas USA
    Posts
    392
    Quote Originally Posted by dgtlman View Post
    Why no Texas shows is beyond me
    SH has not played in Texas since the mid-80's. Ironically he plays Arizona on every US tour.

  8. #133
    Member moecurlythanu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    The Planet Lovetron
    Posts
    10,486
    Quote Originally Posted by yesman1955 View Post
    SH has not played in Texas since the mid-80's. Ironically he plays Arizona on every US tour.
    Phil Collins probably burned him out with Alamo stories until he ran away screaming.

  9. #134
    Quote Originally Posted by yesman1955 View Post
    SH has not played in Texas since the mid-80's. Ironically he plays Arizona on every US tour.
    It is surprising, but I am very appreciative that he does, looking forward to tonight’s show!

    The guy that does most of the promotion in the Valley here (Danny Zeleski) is a big prog fan, and got started working with Yes in the early 70s (that is the story I heard) — so that likely helps.

  10. #135
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Location
    Mesa, AZ
    Posts
    68
    Quote Originally Posted by yesman1955 View Post
    SH has not played in Texas since the mid-80's. Ironically he plays Arizona on every US tour.
    Steve and Jo have friends here in AZ they like to visit and take in the desert surroundings with. And there's the concert promoter Danny Zelisko too.

  11. #136
    Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Westchester, NY
    Posts
    13,759
    Just bought a ticket for Tarrytown! Should be a festive show to see at Christmastime...
    Primary procreation is accomplished…

  12. #137
    Member moecurlythanu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    The Planet Lovetron
    Posts
    10,486
    Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    Just bought a ticket for Tarrytown! Should be a festive show to see at Christmastime...
    I think you'll enjoy it, Jed. Have fun!

  13. #138
    Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    Phil Collins probably burned him out with Alamo stories until he ran away screaming.
    LOL

  14. #139
    Member BarryLI's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Bronx, NY
    Posts
    671
    Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    Just bought a ticket for Tarrytown! Should be a festive show to see at Christmastime...
    Ditto, see ya there.

  15. #140
    Member Gizmotron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Southwest
    Posts
    1,511
    Quote Originally Posted by RandallB View Post
    Steve and Jo have friends here in AZ they like to visit and take in the desert surroundings with. And there's the concert promoter Danny Zelisko too.
    I wondered about that because he does seem to play either PHX or Tucson (YAY!!!) almost every US tour. (Is it Chris Squire’s wife?) I caught the PHX show Thursday night and he and the band were in their usual, stellar form. Steve seems to completely enjoy playing. He seems to like the wild appreciation we fans show.

    What a band…King can do anything on keys, Jonas is phenomenal, and Blundell is one of the finest drummers around. His reed/flute/percussionist rounds out the band.

    If you are sitting on the fence, JUST GO!
    Last edited by Gizmotron; 6 Days Ago at 05:27 PM. Reason: Correct player’s name. :)

  16. #141
    Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Westchester, NY
    Posts
    13,759
    Quote Originally Posted by BarryLI View Post
    Ditto, see ya there.
    Oh, you go to shows in Tarrytown? I’m like a 15-20 minute drive from there. We should definitely meet up.
    Maybe this was mentioned, but is there an opening act, and will it still be Jonas on Bass? Wondering these things… Of course it’s a long way off.
    Primary procreation is accomplished…

  17. #142
    Member Gizmotron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Southwest
    Posts
    1,511
    No opener at our show.

  18. #143
    Member moecurlythanu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    The Planet Lovetron
    Posts
    10,486
    Jed, he's playing around 2 hrs 20 minutes with a 25-30 minute intermission. So, roughly 2 hours 50 minutes all told.

  19. #144
    Due to a last minute issue, I now have one extra ticket for this show at The Fox Theater in Oakland tomorrow night if any bay are folks are interested, please PM me asap! I figure this is as targeted an audience I could ask for but I'll be casting a wider net first thing in the morning if there's no bites here.

  20. #145
    Member BarryLI's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Bronx, NY
    Posts
    671
    Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    Oh, you go to shows in Tarrytown? I’m like a 15-20 minute drive from there. We should definitely meet up.
    Maybe this was mentioned, but is there an opening act, and will it still be Jonas on Bass? Wondering these things… Of course it’s a long way off.
    We live and work in Da Bronx so it's about the same distance for us, too.

  21. #146
    Member Paulrus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    The Left Coast
    Posts
    1,969
    Quote Originally Posted by Gizmotron View Post
    (Is it Chris Squire’s wife?)
    That's my assumption.

    I was also explaining this to my older sister, who I've converted to a fan (although I think she has actually the hots for Jonas! ) But I explained that at his age and stage of career, Steve and his entourage are using these tours as much as a vacation for themselves as a way to make a living. So they tend to tour cities with personal connections, or that are places they just personally want to visit and spend time in. They were all posting photos the day before the Boulder show of the area around the city, so I know for a fact they were all sight-seeing that day.
    I'm holding out for the Wilson-mixed 5.1 super-duper walletbuster special anniversary extra adjectives edition.

  22. #147
    Been getting some flack on another forum so figured I would post my little review here and see if I can ruffle any feathers here with some mild criticism minor spoilers I suppose though you likely know what you’re getting.

    saw the show in Sacramento and let me
    First say the band and Steve are incredible and I really enjoyed it.

    but

    While I, like any self respecting fan, like seconds out a lot. The one thing I will criticize it on is that the order is a bit odd especially the first side which feels kinda like “well we needed to stick these somewhere” aside from squonk being a great opener of course.

    afterglow on its own particularly feels a real strange decision. Woulda preferred a real odd choice like white mountain that at least stands in its own.

    so to play the songs in this order, but also not have what makes seconds out unique seems a pointless move.

    I was kinda looking forward to hearing a more straight take on ‘know what I like’ with a cool guitar solo referencing other tracks (seconds out version is probably my favorite) and most importantly the stagnation reference. What we got was solid (and at least a new arrangement from last time I think) but it’s not seconds out.

    Similarly Los endos love the way they do it but I was kinda thinking oh will be nice to hear a more classic rendition of it.

    and of course why would we expect nad to do a tambourine solo ala Phil that would be weird. There’s only one drummer of course we’re not gonna get double drumming. But those are the dna of seconds out.

    I adore the way Hackett plays out suppers ready now with a long lovey outro solo, it’s incredibly satisfying. But in this form it’s a set ender. To go from that to cinema show now feels a little weird.

    dunno, I’m definitely being nit picky but it kept it as a good show rather than a stupendous one for me.

    why not celebrate the 50th of nursery cryme instead?

    to end on a gushing positive though, I loved the solo set. I hope he goes out next year for the 40th of highly strung playing a good chunk of that

  23. #148
    Member Firth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Severn, MD
    Posts
    6,639
    Quote Originally Posted by gojikranz View Post
    Been getting some flack on another forum so figured I would post my little review here and see if I can ruffle any feathers here with some mild criticism minor spoilers I suppose though you likely know what you’re getting.

    saw the show in Sacramento and let me
    First say the band and Steve are incredible and I really enjoyed it.

    but

    While I, like any self respecting fan, like seconds out a lot. The one thing I will criticize it on is that the order is a bit odd especially the first side which feels kinda like “well we needed to stick these somewhere” aside from squonk being a great opener of course.

    afterglow on its own particularly feels a real strange decision. Woulda preferred a real odd choice like white mountain that at least stands in its own.

    so to play the songs in this order, but also not have what makes seconds out unique seems a pointless move.

    I was kinda looking forward to hearing a more straight take on ‘know what I like’ with a cool guitar solo referencing other tracks (seconds out version is probably my favorite) and most importantly the stagnation reference. What we got was solid (and at least a new arrangement from last time I think) but it’s not seconds out.

    Similarly Los endos love the way they do it but I was kinda thinking oh will be nice to hear a more classic rendition of it.

    and of course why would we expect nad to do a tambourine solo ala Phil that would be weird. There’s only one drummer of course we’re not gonna get double drumming. But those are the dna of seconds out.

    I adore the way Hackett plays out suppers ready now with a long lovey outro solo, it’s incredibly satisfying. But in this form it’s a set ender. To go from that to cinema show now feels a little weird.

    dunno, I’m definitely being nit picky but it kept it as a good show rather than a stupendous one for me.

    why not celebrate the 50th of nursery cryme instead?

    to end on a gushing positive though, I loved the solo set. I hope he goes out next year for the 40th of highly strung playing a good chunk of that

    Perhaps you should stick to listening to the record, which in my opinion sounds like crap from a sonic perspective compared to the show I saw. But the record is perfectly authentic. Or listen to The Musical Box regurgitate.
    On the verge of indecision
    I'll always take the roundabout way

  24. #149
    Quote Originally Posted by Firth View Post
    Perhaps you should stick to listening to the record, which in my opinion sounds like crap from a sonic perspective compared to the show I saw. But the record is perfectly authentic. Or listen to The Musical Box regurgitate.
    Where do I suggest I am interested in straight regurgitation. I think I’m more critical of the seconds out album with its odd setlist than the show. Just think the concept is odd and not ideally suited to a live performance I’d rather he ditch that aspect entirely and just have a set of genesis tunes or if some theme is necessary nursery cryme would fit this year (as he started the tour in 2021 and I understand he will do foxtrot next leg)
    Last edited by gojikranz; 2 Days Ago at 07:47 PM.

  25. #150
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Location
    Mesa, AZ
    Posts
    68
    You know what I was thinking while watching the Hackett show here in Phoenix? How he actually quit Genesis during the mixing of Seconds Out and here he is playing it in sequential order. Also, about how much mileage he's been getting out of the music of a band he hasn't been a member of for 45 years. Daryl Stuermer started doing solo band shows playing stuff from ATTWT onwards until Phil, and then later on Genesis, decided to tour again. I'd be more interested in that going forwards than these revisited Hackett shows.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •