Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Steve Hackett Genesis Revisited 2022 Tour - SECONDS OUT + MORE!

Quote Originally Posted by SRS View Post
    I'm remembering seeing Hackett at the old Dallas City Limits club on NW HWY in early 90's?? The one and only time I saw him. Me and about 30 other people it seemed. I remember he played "Walking Away from Rainbows" and people at the bar were just talking loudly over it. So 1992, 1993? But certainly not here since the .
    And it's a shame too. Pre-covid the prog was pretty strong in DFW. Heck even Utopia, Marillion & Crimson have played there recently. Good crowds too.

Just grabbed tickets for Chicago. Presale code = 93XRT This will be my first time seeing Hackett. Looking forward to it. Finally!

Quote Originally Posted by gearHed289 View Post
    Just grabbed tickets for Chicago. Presale code = 93XRT This will be my first time seeing Hackett. Looking forward to it. Finally!
    Does that code work for all shows or just Chicago ? (Cincinnati Pre-sale starts tomorrow)

West of Worcester (Western Massachusetts)
    Snagged some sweet seats for Boston! Presale code CC27. This show will be roughly two years and a month from seeing Steve here in town on 3/11/20...the day before the world closed.

Quote Originally Posted by rickawakeman View Post
    Snagged some sweet seats for Boston! Presale code CC27. This show will be roughly two years and a month from seeing Steve here in town on 3/11/20...the day before the world closed.

I see that your pre-sale code is different from what gearHed used for Chicago....my show (Cinci) goes Live tomorrow, where do I find the pre-sale code ?

He last played in Dallas with GTR in ‘86.

Quote Originally Posted by carlmarx38 View Post
    I see that your pre-sale code is different from what gearHed used for Chicago....my show (Cinci) goes Live tomorrow, where do I find the pre-sale code ?
    I would like to have the Cincy pre-sale code too.

Quote Originally Posted by StephenM. View Post
    I would like to have the Cincy pre-sale code too.
    You probably need to be signed up to the local venue/promoter's email notification list. That's how I've always gotten presale codes for every show in my area.

Quote Originally Posted by carlmarx38 View Post
    Does that code work for all shows or just Chicago ? (Cincinnati Pre-sale starts tomorrow)
    WXRT is our local "progressive" (not like it used to be...) radio station, so I'm sure that's Chicago only. I luckily follow them on Facebook and saw something about it on Monday, so I set a reminder on my phone for Wednesday. Like Joe said - maybe check with the local promoter.

Tix for Seconds Out Tour 2022 - Steve Hackett at PdA go on sale tomorrow:

https://placedesarts.com/en/event/steve-hackett-0

Pre sale code for cincinnati is “seconds out”. Enjoy.

Pre sale code for cincinnati is seconds out

He's playing Akron. 'Bout the same distance for me as Detroit. If I go to Michigan, I can visit a dispensary, so...

Seconds out

No New York

Hackett is awesome and any show us a blessing!!! However, Am I the only one who would have preferred a seconds out which was more of a replication? I love the lamb -> musical box transition… etc. Seconds Out was my 2nd Genesis purchase after the lamb when I was around 18 years old (in 1998)… I kinda feel like doing the whole musical box interferes with the feel of seconds out …

That all being said .. how much does it suck that there is not an expanded seconds out (with that same seconds out sound) that includes 11th earls, one fore the vine, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Bass Pedals Rock View Post
    No New York

Hackett is awesome and any show us a blessing!!! However, Am I the only one who would have preferred a seconds out which was more of a replication? I love the lamb -> musical box transition… etc. Seconds Out was my 2nd Genesis purchase after the lamb when I was around 18 years old (in 1998)… I kinda feel like doing the whole musical box interferes with the feel of seconds out …

That all being said .. how much does it suck that there is not an expanded seconds out (with that same seconds out sound) that includes 11th earls, one fore the vine, etc.
    Well personally I prefer the 1st half of Musical Box, which is so beautiful and picturesque. So I'm good with the whole thing. 'One For The Vine' would be amazing too. He kind of did an expanded 'Selling England', so why not an expanded 'Seconds Out'

Parrots ripped my flesh Dave (in MA)'s Avatar
    Thanks for the Boston presale code. I wish I'd seen it yesterday but we were without power for 18 hours after the storm. I got good seats regardless.

Quote Originally Posted by bill g View Post
    Well personally I prefer the 1st half of Musical Box, which is so beautiful and picturesque. So I'm good with the whole thing. 'One For The Vine' would be amazing too. He kind of did an expanded 'Selling England', so why not an expanded 'Seconds Out'
    It would be cool but he's only doing the full versions of songs that were on Seconds Out. So there are some expanded things like Th Musical Box and The Cinema Show, which incorporates Aisle of Plenty. I'm pumped for the show at The Moore!

Quote Originally Posted by SRS View Post
    I'm remembering seeing Hackett at the old Dallas City Limits club on NW HWY in early 90's?? The one and only time I saw him. Me and about 30 other people it seemed. I remember he played "Walking Away from Rainbows" and people at the bar were just talking loudly over it. So 1992, 1993? But certainly not here since then.
    That is absolutely possible that I missed an early 90's tour stop in Dallas. That was pre-internet days, so it was very hard to keep up with prog act tour information.

Got my Chicago tix this morning. Same venue as last time which, Ironically, was the last concert I attended pre-covid.

Quote Originally Posted by yesman1955 View Post
    That is absolutely possible that I missed an early 90's tour stop in Dallas. That was pre-internet days, so it was very hard to keep up with prog act tour information.
    He toured clubs on that tour (at least that's where he played in the Bay Area). That was around the time of Guitar Noir. The Nottingham video from 1990 is similar to those shows.

I'm holding out for the Wilson-mixed 5.1 super-duper walletbuster special anniversary extra adjectives edition.

Checked my ticket stubs and only have this newspaper clipping that doesn't specify they year. These shows didn't always have a ticket stub you could keep. But at least I know I didn't imagine it! I'm thinking 1992 or 93

IMG_20211031_095929.jpg

The one time I saw Steve play Dallas was at the Agora Ballroom (also near NW Highway) in November 1981 on his Cured Tour.

did the bass player of The Flower Kings exit the group????

The one time I saw Steve play Dallas was at the Agora Ballroom (also near NW Highway) in November 1981 on his Cured Tour.
    I was at this gig! The Agora was a wonderful venure for shows, small and up close for any show. He played much of "Voyage" from what I remember. Nick Magnus keys were very impressive!