Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Results 176 to 200 of 213

Thread: Steve Hackett Genesis Revisited 2022 Tour - SECONDS OUT + MORE!

  1. #176
    Insect Overlord Progatron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    southern Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    5,703
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave (in MA) View Post
    I can't think of another example of a band releasing a live album from a tour where they played the material from another band's live album, but I'd be surprised if there wasn't.
    Next year's tour is Hackett Comes Alive, featuring the talk box.
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

    'The best stuff is really when Mick Pointer was a baby, banging on pots and pans. That was their most "out there" stuff.' - JKL2000

  2. #177
    Parrots ripped my flesh Dave (in MA)'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    42°09′30″N 71°08′43″W
    Posts
    5,006
    Maybe Hackett could do a Genesis Revisited tour where they cover pre-Nursery Cryme and post-Wind and Wuthering material.

  3. #178
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave (in MA) View Post
    GENESIS REVISITED LIVE: SECONDS OUT & MORE - 2CD+BLU-RAY

    I can't think of another example of a band releasing a live album from a tour where they played the material from another band's live album, but I'd be surprised if there wasn't.
    I would be interested if it was CD and DVD, like the Selling England by the Pound and Spectral mornings combo.

  4. #179
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Sussex, England.
    Posts
    2,415
    Quote Originally Posted by Rarebird View Post
    I would be interested if it was CD and DVD, like the Selling England by the Pound and Spectral mornings combo.
    It is!

    Sent from my SM-J330FN using Tapatalk

  5. #180
    Parrots ripped my flesh Dave (in MA)'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    42°09′30″N 71°08′43″W
    Posts
    5,006
    Quote Originally Posted by Rarebird View Post
    I would be interested if it was CD and DVD, like the Selling England by the Pound and Spectral mornings combo.
    Sorry, I guess I linked to the format-specific page. There are other formats.

  6. #181
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve983 View Post
    It is!

    Sent from my SM-J330FN using Tapatalk
    Hurray, another one for my wishlist.

  7. #182
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave (in MA) View Post
    GENESIS REVISITED LIVE: SECONDS OUT & MORE - 2CD+BLU-RAY

    I can't think of another example of a band releasing a live album from a tour where they played the material from another band's live album, but I'd be surprised if there wasn't.
    Hold my beer...

    Uli Jon Roth "Tokyo Tapes Revisited"

    https://www.amazon.com/Tokyo-Tapes-R.../dp/B01M4ILITY


    Which BTW, similar to Steve Hackett's Genesis shows, Uli totally brings the classic Scorpions material back to life. Another old man guitartist slaying audiences playing his old band material.
    Last edited by Man In The Mountain; 07-01-2022 at 04:43 PM.

  8. #183
    Member Firth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Severn, MD
    Posts
    7,061
    On the verge of indecision
    I'll always take the roundabout way

  9. #184
    Member moecurlythanu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    The Planet Lovetron
    Posts
    10,815
    Quote Originally Posted by Man In The Mountain View Post
    Hold my beer...
    Too late. I drank it.

  10. #185
    Member Garyhead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    1,247
    Shopping around today for this release....Hands down it was LE. Cashing in on the perk of Loyalty Points....I got the Lilac LP's (4) CD & BR discs all for $46.00 shipped to the door.
    The Ice Cream Lady Wet her drawers........To see you in the Passion Playyyy eeee - I. Anderson

    "It's kind of like deciding not to date a beautiful blonde anymore because she farted." - Top Cat

    I was expecting to be kinda meh, but it made my nips stiffen - Jerjo

    (Zamran) "that fucking thing man . . . it sits there on my wall like a broken clock " - Helix

    Social Media is the "Toilet" of the Internet - Lady Gaga

  11. #186
    随缘 SRS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    579
    Nick D'Virgilio will be filling in for Craig Blundell for 9 Hackett shows at the end of the year.

    Here is Nicks video announcement

    So anyone going to any of these shows will get a pretty unique show with the bonus of seeing NDV

    29 November 2022 - Willfrid Pelletier, Montreal, CANADA -
    30 November 2022 - Oakville Centre for Performing Arts, Oakville, ON, CANADA -
    1 December 2022 - Oakville Centre for Performing Arts, Oakville, ON, CANADA -
    2 December 2022 - Oakville Centre for Performing Arts, Oakville, ON, CANADA
    4 December 2022 - Grand Theatre de Quebec, Quebec City, QC, CANADA
    6 December 2022 - State Theatre of New Jersey, New Brunswick, NJ, USA
    7 December 2022 - Tarrytown Music Hall, Tarrytown, NY, USA -
    8 December 2022 - Keswick Theatre, Glenside, PA, USA -
    10 December 2022 - Patchogue Theatre for the Performing Arts, Patchogue, NY, USA -

  12. #187
    Member Firth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Severn, MD
    Posts
    7,061
    Quote Originally Posted by SRS View Post
    Nick D'Virgilio will be filling in for Craig Blundell for 9 Hackett shows at the end of the year.

    Here is Nicks video announcement

    So anyone going to any of these shows will get a pretty unique show with the bonus of seeing NDV

    29 November 2022 - Willfrid Pelletier, Montreal, CANADA -
    30 November 2022 - Oakville Centre for Performing Arts, Oakville, ON, CANADA -
    1 December 2022 - Oakville Centre for Performing Arts, Oakville, ON, CANADA -
    2 December 2022 - Oakville Centre for Performing Arts, Oakville, ON, CANADA
    4 December 2022 - Grand Theatre de Quebec, Quebec City, QC, CANADA
    6 December 2022 - State Theatre of New Jersey, New Brunswick, NJ, USA
    7 December 2022 - Tarrytown Music Hall, Tarrytown, NY, USA -
    8 December 2022 - Keswick Theatre, Glenside, PA, USA -
    10 December 2022 - Patchogue Theatre for the Performing Arts, Patchogue, NY, USA -
    Wow! From Kevin Gilbert’s 20th Anniversary of the Lamb to studio work on Genesis’ Calling All Stations, and now back to Genesis Revisited. Oops, I failed to mention the Spectral Mornings release with Mr Hackett.
    On the verge of indecision
    I'll always take the roundabout way

  13. #188
    Member Firth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Severn, MD
    Posts
    7,061
    Quote Originally Posted by Garyhead View Post
    Shopping around today for this release....Hands down it was LE. Cashing in on the perk of Loyalty Points....I got the Lilac LP's (4) CD & BR discs all for $46.00 shipped to the door.
    Still waiting for my LE order.
    On the verge of indecision
    I'll always take the roundabout way

  14. #189
    Member Garyhead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    1,247
    Quote Originally Posted by Firth View Post
    Still waiting for my LE order.
    Ummmm release date is November 25th.
    The Ice Cream Lady Wet her drawers........To see you in the Passion Playyyy eeee - I. Anderson

    "It's kind of like deciding not to date a beautiful blonde anymore because she farted." - Top Cat

    I was expecting to be kinda meh, but it made my nips stiffen - Jerjo

    (Zamran) "that fucking thing man . . . it sits there on my wall like a broken clock " - Helix

    Social Media is the "Toilet" of the Internet - Lady Gaga

  15. #190
    Member Firth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Severn, MD
    Posts
    7,061
    Quote Originally Posted by SRS View Post
    Nick D'Virgilio will be filling in for Craig Blundell for 9 Hackett shows at the end of the year.

    Here is Nicks video announcement

    So anyone going to any of these shows will get a pretty unique show with the bonus of seeing NDV
    On the verge of indecision
    I'll always take the roundabout way

  16. #191
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Pennsylvania, USA
    Posts
    208
    Youtube commenters who've been impressed by the overall music performance in that video just need to compare the vocals to Phil's on the album to realize it's simply not being sung well here at all...the notes are off...sorry commenters, facts are facts... Also some commenters have suggested the rest of the band is doing a superior job than Genesis here, and let me just say one can hope that at least they're only thinking of the studio version...and even then...geez.

    P.S. Hey btw it's obviously okay but where are the Taurus pedals. :-)

  17. #192
    Member Firth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Severn, MD
    Posts
    7,061
    Quote Originally Posted by Yaman Aksu View Post
    Youtube commenters who've been impressed by the overall music performance in that video just need to compare the vocals to Phil's on the album to realize it's simply not being sung well here at all...the notes are off...sorry commenters, facts are facts... Also some commenters have suggested the rest of the band is doing a superior job than Genesis here, and let me just say one can hope that at least they're only thinking of the studio version...and even then...geez.

    P.S. Hey btw it's obviously okay but where are the Taurus pedals. :-)
    Criticizing YouTube commenters is picking low hanging fruit.
    On the verge of indecision
    I'll always take the roundabout way

  18. #193
    Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Greater New York Area
    Posts
    14,191
    Quote Originally Posted by Garyhead View Post
    Ummmm release date is November 25th.
    It's Sept. 2nd (for the 2CD/BD at least) according to Hackett's site and the LE site. Maybe you're referring to the vinyl though, in which case - never mind!
    Last edited by JKL2000; 1 Week Ago at 01:24 PM.
    Primary procreation is accomplished…

  19. #194
    Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Greater New York Area
    Posts
    14,191
    Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    It's Sept. 2nd (for the 2CD/BD at least) according to Hackett's site and the LE site. Maybe you're referring to the vinyl though, in which case - never mind!
    Ohh...I see, you got the Lilac LPs. I thought "Lilac" was a band name! LOL Lilac - LOL, the different vinyl colors crack me up. I guess you wanted one that matches your eyes. (ducks)
    Primary procreation is accomplished…

  20. #195
    Member Rajaz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    New Scotland, Canada
    Posts
    803
    Quote Originally Posted by SRS View Post
    Nick D'Virgilio will be filling in for Craig Blundell for 9 Hackett shows at the end of the year.

    Here is Nicks video announcement

    So anyone going to any of these shows will get a pretty unique show with the bonus of seeing NDV -
    I did not see anything on Steve Hackett's site and I am Twitter "impaired", so why is there a need to replace Craig?

  21. #196
    Member Firth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Severn, MD
    Posts
    7,061
    Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    It's Sept. 2nd (for the 2CD/BD at least) according to Hackett's site and the LE site. Maybe you're referring to the vinyl though, in which case - never mind!
    Thanks for the info. I wish the LE site showed that for the order.
    On the verge of indecision
    I'll always take the roundabout way

  22. #197
    随缘 SRS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    579
    Quote Originally Posted by Rajaz View Post
    I did not see anything on Steve Hackett's site and I am Twitter "impaired", so why is there a need to replace Craig?
    Hmm - yeah my initial twitter link no longer works - try this one

    no specific reason given - Nick says it is still Craig's gig - he just needed someone to sub for this leg. Steve tours constantly so perhaps Craig has a scheduling conflict or just some personal time off.

  23. #198
    Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Greater New York Area
    Posts
    14,191
    He needs to stop doing “Every Day” at every show!
    Primary procreation is accomplished…

  24. #199
    Parrots ripped my flesh Dave (in MA)'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    42°09′30″N 71°08′43″W
    Posts
    5,006
    Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    He needs to stop doing “Every Day” at every show!
    I thought it would have been cool to start doing the vocal version of Spectral Mornings as a tribute to Longdon.

  25. #200
    Member Garyhead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    1,247
    Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    Ohh...I see, you got the Lilac LPs. I thought "Lilac" was a band name! LOL Lilac - LOL, the different vinyl colors crack me up. I guess you wanted one that matches your eyes. (ducks)
    Getting Black LP’s. Lilac only available on Steve’s website.
    The Ice Cream Lady Wet her drawers........To see you in the Passion Playyyy eeee - I. Anderson

    "It's kind of like deciding not to date a beautiful blonde anymore because she farted." - Top Cat

    I was expecting to be kinda meh, but it made my nips stiffen - Jerjo

    (Zamran) "that fucking thing man . . . it sits there on my wall like a broken clock " - Helix

    Social Media is the "Toilet" of the Internet - Lady Gaga

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •