Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Steve Hackett Genesis Revisited 2022 Tour - SECONDS OUT + MORE!

Some more US and Canada dates coming at the end of the year
    Tickets on sale this Friday for the US shows

29 November 2022 - Willfrid Pelletier, Montreal, CANADA - * SOLD OUT *

30 November 2022 - Oakville Centre for Performing Arts, Oakville, ON, CANADA - * SOLD OUT *

1 December 2022 - Oakville Centre for Performing Arts, Oakville, ON, CANADA - * SOLD OUT *

New show added!
    2 December 2022 - Oakville Centre for Performing Arts, Oakville, ON, CANADA - TICKETS

4 December 2022 - Grand Theatre de Quebec, Quebec City, QC, CANADA - TICKETS

6 December 2022 - State Theatre of New Jersey, New Brunswick, NJ, USA - TICKETS - On sale 13 May

7 December 2022 - Tarrytown Music Hall, Tarrytown, NY, USA - TICKETS - On sale 13 May

8 December 2022 - Keswick Theatre, Glenside, PA, USA - TICKETS - On sale 13 May

10 December 2022 - Patchogue Theatre for the Performing Arts, Patchogue, NY, USA - TICKETS - On sale 13 May

Why no Texas shows is beyond me

Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    ^ Damn. You had my Akron seat.

Nice pic.
    That was my seat in Boulder. Excellent show, and surprisingly good sound. The place looked packed, and I think they chose to play a slightly smaller venue because they enjoyed getting an extra day in Boulder before the show.
    I'm holding out for the Wilson-mixed 5.1 super-duper walletbuster special anniversary extra adjectives edition.

Quote Originally Posted by dgtlman View Post

Right there with you........

On the verge of indecision
    I'll always take the roundabout way

^ Thanks for that!

Quote Originally Posted by dgtlman View Post
    SH has not played in Texas since the mid-80's. Ironically he plays Arizona on every US tour.

Quote Originally Posted by yesman1955 View Post
    SH has not played in Texas since the mid-80's. Ironically he plays Arizona on every US tour.
    Phil Collins probably burned him out with Alamo stories until he ran away screaming.

It is surprising, but I am very appreciative that he does, looking forward to tonight’s show!

The guy that does most of the promotion in the Valley here (Danny Zeleski) is a big prog fan, and got started working with Yes in the early 70s (that is the story I heard) — so that likely helps.

Steve and Jo have friends here in AZ they like to visit and take in the desert surroundings with. And there's the concert promoter Danny Zelisko too.

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Just bought a ticket for Tarrytown! Should be a festive show to see at Christmastime...
    Primary procreation is accomplished…

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    Just bought a ticket for Tarrytown! Should be a festive show to see at Christmastime...
    I think you'll enjoy it, Jed. Have fun!

Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    Phil Collins probably burned him out with Alamo stories until he ran away screaming.
    LOL

Ditto, see ya there.

Quote Originally Posted by RandallB View Post
    Steve and Jo have friends here in AZ they like to visit and take in the desert surroundings with. And there's the concert promoter Danny Zelisko too.
    I wondered about that because he does seem to play either PHX or Tucson (YAY!!!) almost every US tour. (Is it Chris Squire’s wife?) I caught the PHX show Thursday night and he and the band were in their usual, stellar form. Steve seems to completely enjoy playing. He seems to like the wild appreciation we fans show.

What a band…King can do anything on keys, Jonas is phenomenal, and Blundell is one of the finest drummers around. His reed/flute/percussionist rounds out the band.

If you are sitting on the fence, JUST GO!
    Last edited by Gizmotron; 3 Days Ago at 05:27 PM. Reason: Correct player’s name. :)

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BarryLI View Post
    Ditto, see ya there.
    Oh, you go to shows in Tarrytown? I’m like a 15-20 minute drive from there. We should definitely meet up.
    Maybe this was mentioned, but is there an opening act, and will it still be Jonas on Bass? Wondering these things… Of course it’s a long way off.
    Primary procreation is accomplished…

No opener at our show.

Jed, he's playing around 2 hrs 20 minutes with a 25-30 minute intermission. So, roughly 2 hours 50 minutes all told.

Due to a last minute issue, I now have one extra ticket for this show at The Fox Theater in Oakland tomorrow night if any bay are folks are interested, please PM me asap! I figure this is as targeted an audience I could ask for but I'll be casting a wider net first thing in the morning if there's no bites here.

Oh, you go to shows in Tarrytown? I’m like a 15-20 minute drive from there. We should definitely meet up.
    Maybe this was mentioned, but is there an opening act, and will it still be Jonas on Bass? Wondering these things… Of course it’s a long way off.
    We live and work in Da Bronx so it's about the same distance for us, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Gizmotron View Post
    (Is it Chris Squire’s wife?)
    That's my assumption.

I was also explaining this to my older sister, who I've converted to a fan (although I think she has actually the hots for Jonas! ) But I explained that at his age and stage of career, Steve and his entourage are using these tours as much as a vacation for themselves as a way to make a living. So they tend to tour cities with personal connections, or that are places they just personally want to visit and spend time in. They were all posting photos the day before the Boulder show of the area around the city, so I know for a fact they were all sight-seeing that day.
    I'm holding out for the Wilson-mixed 5.1 super-duper walletbuster special anniversary extra adjectives edition.