Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Steve Hackett Genesis Revisited 2022 Tour - SECONDS OUT + MORE!

Quote Originally Posted by nodak View Post
    I was at this gig! The Agora was a wonderful venure for shows, small and up close for any show. He played much of "Voyage" from what I remember. Nick Magnus keys were very impressive!
    Did you happen to catch Peter Gabriel on Sept. 12, 1982 when he played the Agora in Dallas? I was there. My best memory of that night was when he did Shock the Monkey while he climbed around & swung from the overhead lighting rig. It was the closest I have ever been to one of my musical heroes (I sat 15 feet from the stage)

Caught this in Boston last night. Good show.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick L. View Post
    Heading to The Beacon tonight.

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BarryLI View Post
    Heading to The Beacon tonight.
    It feels weird to be missing this, but I've just seen him on so many of his recent tours. And I'm np big fan of the Beacon, but still it ought to be nice once you're in your seat! Have a good time!
    Primary procreation is accomplished…

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    It feels weird to be missing this, but I've just seen him on so many of his recent tours. And I'm np big fan of the Beacon, but still it ought to be nice once you're in your seat! Have a good time!
    Funny you should mention it but I've seen him so many times now (he's usually on CTTE or The Blues Cruise, my one vacation a year) that I'm kinda subdued for tonight, was thinking that afterwards I'll probably be a no-show for his Foxtrot and More Tour which is next one up later in the year, Hackett (Genesis) overload I guess.

Are there any songs from Foxtrot that he hasn't done yet in these Genesis Revisited shows?

Anyway, I'm sure tonight's show will be good!

Are there any songs from Foxtrot that he hasn't done yet in these Genesis Revisited shows?

Pretty sure he's hit them all at one point or another, I'll enjoy the setlist better than the "real" Genesis I saw a few months back, I guess all music reaches a saturation point, I'm getting close to mine with all things Genesis, having seen the boys up close and personal back in '73 for a first time and countless times since I guess it's OK.

Time Table

Our make-up show is 4/9 at Scottish Rite...2 years late.
    Lockdown happened 3 freakin' days before we were to see this show!
    JG

"MARKLAR!"

Quote Originally Posted by FirthOf5th View Post
    Time Table
    I thought of that, but thought he'd done it. You may be right, and it may have been The Musical Box I saw do the song. THEY (The Musical Box) are also coming through soon, very close to me, but they're doing The Lamb AGAIN, and I've seen them do it twice. LOL. Too much Genesis, for sure. I guess there IS such a thing...

THEY (The Musical Box) are also coming through soon, very close to me, but they're doing The Lamb AGAIN, and I've seen them do it twice. LOL. Too much Genesis, for sure. I guess there IS such a thing...
    Twice? Is that all, haha? I think that I've them do SEBTP at least 10 times, including the 'black' SEBTP show. Probably 3 or 4 Lambs. I'm considering seeing the Lamb again, but ticket prices in Toronto are relatively expensive ($80-$110). It's funny, I keep saying that 'this is the last time that I'll see them', but...

Neil

Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by boilk View Post
    Twice? Is that all, haha? I think that I've them do SEBTP at least 10 times, including the 'black' SEBTP show. Probably 3 or 4 Lambs. I'm considering seeing the Lamb again, but ticket prices in Toronto are relatively expensive ($80-$110). It's funny, I keep saying that 'this is the last time that I'll see them', but...

Neil
    Neil, I'm in your territory. I first saw the Musical Box in Montreal in 1993 - they had two keyboard players. In very recent years, they stopped playing Ottawa, which is a drag.
    What can this strange device be? When I touch it, it brings forth a sound.

Quote Originally Posted by mozo-pg View Post
    Neil, I'm in your territory. I first saw the Musical Box in Montreal in 1993 - they had two keyboard players. In very recent years, they stopped playing Ottawa, which is a drag.
    They had 2 guitarists too...I saw them in 1996 in Toronto. Also in Raleigh, NC in 1997 when they had I of each like Genesis.
    Dave Sr.

I prefer Nature to Human Nature

Did anyone see The Musical Box with Jonathan Mover on drums?

Quote Originally Posted by boilk View Post

Neil
    I'm guessing you knew Uncle Norm pretty well, eh? Unless you guys stayed strictly in your necks of the woods. I've also seen a few SEBTP shows. Although, I have yet to see one of the ATotT shows!

Parrots ripped my flesh Dave (in MA)'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick L. View Post
    Ditto. They're doing the Seconds Out setlist, but they're sticking with the studio album arrangements. I forgot to notice whether Blundell did the More Trouble Every Day drum bit during Afterglow.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x80av2qgdu8&t=88s
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LntSHETrE5s&t=216s

I've also seen a few SEBTP shows. Although, I have yet to see one of the ATotT shows!
    That's the only one I have seen. Well, only album tour recreation. I did see the first Extravaganza Tour also. I'd like to see this Lamb tour, especially as they're saying it's the last time they'll do it, but right now, Chicago area is the closest. (A recurring theme, lately.) Hopefully more dates will be added.

I'm guessing you knew Uncle Norm pretty well, eh? Unless you guys stayed strictly in your necks of the woods. I've also seen a few SEBTP shows. Although, I have yet to see one of the ATotT shows!
    In fact, I met Uncle Norm and Magog at a Musical Box show in Toronto. I just happened to have seats beside them and Norm started talking to me, and thus two beautiful friendships, which led to many more, were born.

There was a certain magic that I felt for years, seeing those SEBTP shows.

Neil

[QUOTE=Dave (in MA);1113711]I forgot to notice whether Blundell did the More Trouble Every Day drum bit during Afterglow.
    [QUOTE]

No he doesn't. That is the only criticism I have about this tour is that the signature Seconds Out arrangements have been left out in favour of the studio versions. IMO they are what makes SO special as an album.

They did do some nice changed-up arrangements of some of the tunes like I Know What I Like and Los Endos.

West of Worcester (Western Massachusetts)
    We enjoyed the Boston show Saturday night!

Just curious, has Genesis ever done the "angel standing in the sun" vocal in Los Endos apart from the studio version, the way Steve's band does?

Quote Originally Posted by fiberman View Post
    Did anyone see The Musical Box with Jonathan Mover on drums?

Which tour was that?

Quote Originally Posted by Dave (in MA) View Post
    Just curious, has Genesis ever done the "angel standing in the sun" vocal in Los Endos apart from the studio version, the way Steve's band does?
    Nope.

From Mover's Facebook site

thanks to my great friend vic salazar, i got a last-minute, and i do mean last-minute, call tuesday night (and i had literally just flown back to LA from boston monday) for a rescue mission to play with The Musical Box back in boston. for those of you who may not be familiar with TMB, they are the biggest genesis tribute band and take the gig very seriously. so much so, that as you'll see in the photo, the kit i played was the exact (and i do mean exact) replica of what phil collins played back in the early '70s. set up as exactly as he played it–a mixture of gretsch and premier, with all the assorted percussion, right down to the vintage "lightweight" premier cymbals stands... needless to say, most of the kit wobbled every time i hit it!

anyway... i was on a 5:50 AM flight wednesday morning to boston. figured i would listen and make notes during the flight, but as luck would have it, it was probably the most turbulent flight i've had in 20 years. one of those white-knuckler's where the pilot says, "flight attendants please stay in your seats with your seatbelts fastened...tight!" so, forget the notes, my hands never left the arm rest! finally landed and right from the airport to the venue in new hampshire... no rehearsal.

now, i grew up listening to and practicing to genesis on an almost daily basis, so if there's anyone who knows phil and these tunes, it's me. and i've got no problem playing in 7, 9, 13 whatever... i can even play in 4, but remembering all that shit from 40 years ago AND with the band having re-arranged quite a bit of it, was one hell of a challenge. my brain was sizzling. and to top it off, it's one thing to play this shit on a kit of comfort (meaning mine), it's another to sit right down and play it on a kit that couldn't be set up farther than how i would ever want it, sans being lefty! thank god it was only a two-and-a-half-hour set!

that aside, it was a blast and we pulled it off to a great and very appreciative audience at the tupelo.