Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Robby Steinhardt solo album

I've heard the whole album on YT. I'd say I liked about half the album. It's very Kansasy and proggy.

I hope this isnít something Robbie abandoned and never wanted released because he didnít care for the project. And now somebody decided to release it for financial reasons only. I loved Robbies contribution to Kansas and his voice was much underrated. RIP Robbie.

Wow, that prayer for peace song is beautiful.

Quote Originally Posted by Fracktured View Post
    I hope this isn’t something Robbie abandoned and never wanted released because he didn’t care for the project. And now somebody decided to release it for financial reasons only. I loved Robbies contribution to Kansas and his voice was much underrated. RIP Robbie.
    I'm sorry, but why are we assuming the worst possible scenario? is there something causing you to think in this manner?
    Soundcloud page: Richard Hermans, musical meanderings https://soundcloud.com/precipice Bandcamp: https://richardhermans.bandcamp.comYouTube: https://youtu.be/F34jl6fQVmA

I hope this isn’t something Robbie abandoned and never wanted released because he didn’t care for the project. And now somebody decided to release it for financial reasons only. I loved Robbies contribution to Kansas and his voice was much underrated. RIP Robbie.
    Check out the article link I shared in comment # 17 of this post. Really nice article that details how this album came to be.

I listened on You Tube, wanted to like it but didn't that much I'm afraid. More plays required I expect bit it didn't encourage me to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve983 View Post
    I listened on You Tube, wanted to like it but didn't that much I'm afraid. More plays required I expect bit it didn't encourage me to do so.
    I doubt I'll listen to it again but there are a couple of proggy sections that were very good. Covering Dust..... was pointless. Overall it's OK.

Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    I'm sorry, but why are we assuming the worst possible scenario? is there something causing you to think in this manner?
    I wasnít assuming the worst scenario I was just hoping that this wasnít some way of profiting off of Robbie after heís past. Iím very interested in this and Iím hoping for something worthwhile of Robbies legacy.

I wasn’t assuming the worst scenario I was just hoping that this wasn’t some way of profiting off of Robbie after he’s past. I’m very interested in this and I’m hoping for something worthwhile of Robbies legacy.
    I hope you don't think I was criticizing you.
    I just wondered why you were worried about Robby's release.
    I guess there have been enough folks over the years who have been less than stellar when releasing musician's unreleased material after they've passed on, but I personally haven't had any issues.

Yep, this sounds like a good one!
    btw, maybe Dan remembers, but I thought I read when this info first came out, that Robby's wife was involved or at least signed off on it.
    And I hope his family does profit off of it, and I'm going to make my contribution by picking it up.
    Soundcloud page: Richard Hermans, musical meanderings https://soundcloud.com/precipice Bandcamp: https://richardhermans.bandcamp.comYouTube: https://youtu.be/F34jl6fQVmA

From everything I have read, I really don't think this is the case. When Robbie died it was reported that the album had already been completed and was right on the cusp of being released. He was also in the process of planning a tour which appeared to be already in the works.

This would be a great album except for that "Dust In The Wind" remake. Unnecessary and ruins all the momentum that had been building in the album's first act.

That said, I truly enjoy this album. And those last fleeting moments of Robby's violin as the record comes to a close: eye watering stuff.

Downtown Royalty, bitches!!!
    The Prog Corner

Official video just released.

hiding out in treetops, shouting out rude names
    Just a few people contributed to this album

Nice! I like it!
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

What's up with the distribution on this album? Never saw it at the usual prog dealers and Amazon says it's unavailable.

^^ There may be unresolved legal ambiguities involved with distributing the album posthumously.
    "Well my son, life is like a beanstalk, isn't it?"--Dalai Lama

Quote Originally Posted by zeprogmeister View Post
    What's up with the distribution on this album? Never saw it at the usual prog dealers and Amazon says it's unavailable.
    I can’t answer the Amazon part, but it was not made available to ‘the usual Prog dealers’, as apparently the plan was to have all retail sales/as many as possible retail sales via Robby’s direct mail site
    Steve F.

www.waysidemusic.com
    www.cuneiformrecords.com

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

ďRemember, if it doesn't say "Cuneiform," it's not prog!Ē - THE Jed Levin

Any time any one speaks to me about any musical project, the one absolute given is "it will not make big money". [tip of the hat to HK]

"Death to false 'support the scene' prog!"

please add 'imo' wherever you like, to avoid offending those easily offended.

We (me & wife) love this album. A very pleasant surpriseÖCanít wait to listen to it, again.