Thread: The Dear Hunter: THE INDIGO CHILD: Prologue: Cycle 8 (10/22/21)

The Dear Hunter: THE INDIGO CHILD: Prologue: Cycle 8 (10/22/21)

This is the new concept/project from The Dear Hunter.

A short Scifi Film Streaming on the Free Streaming Platform "Dust" 1-week from Friday.

The album itself will be next year. I had a chance to view a section of the film about two years ago at their Fossio et Satio tour. The production and special effects are simply amazing when you consider they are doing it themselves. Evidently, it's become a serious hobby for Casey.

Are the film and the album two separate works? I mean, does the album have lots of narration or is it just songs?
    Mongrel dog soils actor's feet

a lot of that will likely come out soon, but from the initial information about this Project, it was without question going to be about a Film/Films. But music and albums it was more or less assumed would be part of it as well.

And like the Acts, it is believed to be multiple works (films, albums..graphic novels perhaps, etc).

So in the end there will be no Act VI after all? Act V clearly appeared to end the story even though the band kept claiming there would be 6 acts.

Act VI I think Casey wants to be a film as well. I know a lot of fans are down about that.

Quote Originally Posted by doh View Post
    The album itself will be next year. I had a chance to view a section of the film about two years ago at their Fossio et Satio tour. The production and special effects are simply amazing when you consider they are doing it themselves. Evidently, it's become a serious hobby for Casey.
    the album is already up for Preorders for members of their Pillar page.

Preorders for others should go up tomorrow. Supposedly vinyl ships on November 15th.

Quote Originally Posted by mnprogger View Post
    the album is already up for Preorders for members of their Pillar page.

Preorders for others should go up tomorrow. Supposedly vinyl ships on November 15th.
    Yes, I'm glad I was wrong, although I had a source. Preorders are vinyl only. No communication about CD yet.

preorders for the vinyl are there. The Teal copies are already gone.

https://www.caveandcanarygoods.com/

As clarification, this isn't the actual new Indigo Child release. This is the soundtrack to the Prologue movie which is going up on a streaming platform called Dust. It's confusing to me also.

yeah, Casey posted some details on Instagram earlier

https://www.instagram.com/p/CVQki_IPCHi/

When I started working on the concept for The Indigo Child, I imagined introducing the project with a record of music "From the Motion Picture", knowing in my heart a motion picture, of any length, would never exist. I would just write pieces of a hypothetical score, and release them along lyrical "singles", or theme songs.

As the Indigo Child evolved, I became obsessed with the world, its inhabitants, and their story. Though The Dear Hunter was working through the project's first full length, and we were all in love with how the album was progressing, I felt it couldn't be the introduction I offered for The Indigo Child. I threw myself entirely into writing a screenplay, dreaming of a way to create "Cycle 8": a cinematic prologue to the main narrative of The Indigo Child. Stars impossibly aligned, and with the help of an absolutely phenomenal cast and crew of incredibly talented people, the dream came true.

Now, the tether between music and visuals didn't have to be hypothetical. The score could be the score, and the singles could be featured in the film itself. The result is The Dear Hunter's "The Indigo Child": the introduction the project deserves.

After all this time, it is an absolute joy to share The Indigo Child, and its accompanying short film "Cycle 8", with you. I hope you dive in, and find beauty in what could be, because there's much more on the way.

(Preorder The Soundtrack and Score now at caveandcanarygoods.com)

new album "Antimai" coming and being played in full live on tour next March/April (no Minneapolis date unfortunately).

TDH Antimai tour.jpg