Thread: Leslie Hunt, Lead-Singer With Prog Ensemble District 97, To Release “Descend” EP

Leslie Hunt, Lead-Singer With Prog Ensemble District 97, To Release “Descend” EP

Leslie Hunt, Lead-Singer With Prog Ensemble District 97 & American Idol Finalist, To Release “Descend” EP October 22, 2021

Contrary to the title, District 97 lead-singer and ex-American Idol finalist, Leslie Hunt continues her upward trajectory with “Descend”, her brand new solo seven-track EP.

“Descend” marks Part Two of a 2-EP set, and is the follow-up to “Ascend”, which was released in June.

Featuring another set of seven adeptly crafted songs, each one a testament to Leslie Hunt’s progressively assured songwriting ability.

Where the seven tracks on “Ascend” dealt with matters relating to the heart and soul, the songs on “Descend” deal predominantly with freedom of the individual and their attempt to find a place within an increasingly complex and sometimes harsh society.

Leslie Hunt’s eclectic range of influences move naturally among the seven songs on “Descend” traversing an array of genres.

Track Listing:
    DON’T MAKE ME COME BACK THERE
    AGAIN + AGAIN
    QUIET MIND
    BIG WHITE FLAG
    THESE DAYS
    SO MANY TIMES
    COMPLEX HEART

To purchase: https://www.cherryred.co.uk/product/...descend-cd-ep/

For more information:
    www.lesliehuntmusic.com
    www.facebook.com/lesliehuntlive
    www.twitter.com/lesliehunt
    www.instagram.com/lesliehunt

Press inquiries: Glass Onyon PR, PH: 828-350-8158, glassonyonpr@gmail.com

As a happy D97 fanboy, I participated in her Kickstarter. I enjoy Ascend - she has a knack for great melodies and her lyrics always feel thoughtful. As evidenced by a few of her solo songs being remade by D97, she writes progressive songs in a singer-songwriter style. That sentence makes a lot more sense once you listen to her work. Looking forward to Descend.

I also participated in the Kickstarter. Back in July I received a message from her (via Kickstarter) to say that
    "I had a jaw-dropping experience at the post office a couple Fridays ago and I'm afraid that I cannot afford to ship anything overseas at this time. Can I buy you the EP via the UK-based label I'm on? That is far more affordable and would arrive faster!

Let me know if this is ok."
    I replied that it was but haven't heard anything since. Maybe I'll receive them both at the same time.
    Sit Quietly and Listen to the Breeze

So, after doing research, not only on the internet, but Leslie's own website, there is zero, zilch, nada information for the cd other than the title and Leslie's name.
    I guess we have to assume Leslie played every instrument, recorded, mixed and mastered it herself, and most likely ran production of the cd's.
    Did she have other musician's play on the ASCEND tracks?, a producer? engineer?(some of us geeks like to know things like this). lol
    No credits are listed anywhere..

If she DID do everything herself, than huge kudos because her vocals and the tracks sound wonderful.
    If she did have other folks involved(perhaps some of her District 97 bandmates), please include credits on your website and promotions.
    Soundcloud page: Richard Hermans, musical meanderings https://soundcloud.com/precipice YouTube: [https://www.youtube.com/@richardhermans4457

She did have a band perform it with her. She detailed some of the musicians on her Facebook page a while ago. IIRC, none were from D97.

Leslie Hunt, Lead-Singer With Prog Ensemble District 97, To Release “Descend” EP

I, too, am a Kickstarter contributor. Here are a couple of pics of the credits for Ascend.

I paid for the CDs and a t-shirt in my wife’s size.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by doh View Post
    She did have a band perform it with her. She detailed some of the musicians on her Facebook page a while ago. IIRC, none were from D97.
    thanks for the information.It's just weird she'd do it on Facebook and have nothing on her website or the store on her website.
    I did search her FB page when I first noticed the post here, scrolled down and down and farther and didn't see anything, so gave up.

Quote Originally Posted by Boceephus View Post
    I, too, am a Kickstarter contributor. Here are a couple of pics of the credits for Ascend.

I paid for the CDs and a t-shirt in my wife’s size.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    wow..thanks for posting this, I appreciate it a lot.

I think my point is, potential buyers would love to have this information at hand before buying it, and may even tilt a "not sure" to a "must buy".
    And Leslie should use this on her website, because frankly the website for her own music is barebones, and perhaps assumes anyone who is there knows all this stuff.
    I don't mean this as criticism in the sense of being negative, but in the hope someone involved in the project will step up and post this information..it really is standard practice when selling music.
    Last edited by Top Cat; 10-19-2021 at 12:50 PM.
    Soundcloud page: Richard Hermans, musical meanderings https://soundcloud.com/precipice YouTube: [https://www.youtube.com/@richardhermans4457

Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post

I think my point is, potential buyers would love to have this information at hand before buying it, and may even tilt a "not sure" to a "must buy".
    And Leslie should use this on her website, because frankly the website for her own music is barebones, and perhaps assumes anyone who is there knows all this stuff.
    I don't mean this as criticism in the sense of being negative, but in the hope someone involved in the project will step up and post this information..it really is standard practice when selling music.
    Agreed. Since the OP seems to be part of the publicity push, it seems appropriate to mention that here.

I wouldn't expect a complete equipment list for each musician, although it's a throwback to the 70's, and as a musician, I love reading that stuff.
    Would be great if it's credited on the album like that.
    I was also surprised, recording credit goes to Leslie..that's great!
    Had Boceephus not posted the credits, I would not have known that.
    I also did a internet search on Christian Mathew Cullen after seeing he used mellotron and some other awesome keys.
    Looks like he's got a good background, he's a sound designer and has worked with quite a few famous artists. Leslie is very fortunate to have him involved.

by the way I don't think gopr, the OP is a real person. The PR firm just has a robot do a drive by and deposit it in a new thread..never responds after leaving it. lol
    I hate robots with no emotions.

So, these things matter, and now with the release coming out, time to port this info from the Kickstarter stage and share it with people interested in her new work, either through retail outlets or her site.
    Last edited by Top Cat; 10-20-2021 at 12:26 PM.