Thread: Musically Themed Bars

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar

Musically Themed Bars

When I was in college, we used to go to a bar when they had Grateful Dead night. It was nice going to a place where we knew we’d like the music. The first night I spent in Amsterdam, I of course had to visit a “coffee shop.” The one I chose (after a lot of research) was really just a bar with a weed menu. BUT, they played all Frank Zappa music! I had pretty much found heaven.

Have you been to any interesting musically-themed bars?

There was a brewery in my general area(that had a bar) that had Pink Floyd Thursdays or something like that. Unfortunately it closed down a few years ago. I was there once and it was pretty cool. I haven't heard of any others though. Back in the 90's or so there was apparently a prog rock restaurant in Mexico. "Waiter, I'll have the nachos, burrito and banco del mutuo soccorso."
    Do not suffer through the game of chance that plays....always doors to lock away your dreams (To Be Over)

There is a small micro-brewery in the town of Otsego, about 20 minutes from me called Liquid Note Brewing that is all music themed and they make “music inspired” brews. They usually have good stuff playing over their sound system and everything in the place is music themed

We also have a small brewery in the town of Vicksburg, about 10 minutes from me, called Distant Whistle. They have a sound system with a turntable and play only vinyl. On certain nights they allow people to bring in their vinyl records and will play a whole side at a time first come first served. It is pretty cool.

I probably should have titled this thread "Bars with Themed Music." Oh well, it's awesome just as it is.

Jack Rabbit Slims...

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    I probably should have titled this thread "Bars with Themed Music." Oh well, it's awesome just as it is.
    Mmm........yea, that is a totally different question. Can't think of any of those.

In Amsterdam I visited a Hard Rock Cafe a couple of times. It was not part of the commercial HRC though. They played a lot of concert-video's, while we drank our beers. The Police live-show comes to mind. The first time I visited (I think around 1983) I bought a nice t-shirt with the cannabis-logo (no, I'm a drinker, not a smoker ).

Quote Originally Posted by interbellum View Post
    In Amsterdam I visited a Hard Rock Cafe a couple of times. It was not part of the commercial HRC though. They played a lot of concert-video's, while we drank our beers. The Police live-show comes to mind. The first time I visited (I think around 1983) I bought a nice t-shirt with the cannabis-logo (no, I'm a drinker, not a smoker ).
    You just wanted a souvenir of cannabis?

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    You just wanted a souvenir of cannabis?
    To be honest: I was such a layman on that subject in those days, I just wanted a nice souvenir; one of my friends (who did smoke some stuff) always made a joke about that shirt, because I didn't smoke at all.. The café changed its name when Hard Rock Cafe became a household name. I remember most visitors spoke English.