Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Yes' Fragile: 50th Anniversary

Quote Originally Posted by Dave (in MA) View Post
    I'm not near any good speakers at the moment, but that "We Have Heaven" & "South Side of the Sky" clip sounds like they're singing and playing over a backing tape of Anderson singing, no?
    Yeah, there was clearly some sweetening of the vocals in "We Have Heaven" and the 3-part chorale in "South Side".
    I'm holding out for the Wilson-mixed 5.1 super-duper walletbuster special anniversary extra adjectives edition.

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Triscuits View Post
    I think I still have that one, though if so I don't know where it is. IIRC they left the "We Have Heaven" reprise off the end of the album and had to send out replacement discs.
    Damn, I either forgot or didn’t know about that! LOL, wasn’t it called The Definitive Edition or something? Oh well, didn’t Fragile get Wislonized?
    The sweet smell of Afghanistan rewards a long day’s toil.

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    Oh well, didn’t Fragile get Wislonized?
    Yeah; OOP now though.
    “your ognna pay pay with my wrath of ballbat”

Bandcamp Profile

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mascodagama View Post
    Yeah; OOP now though.
    Ah, but I think I have that one as well!
    The sweet smell of Afghanistan rewards a long day’s toil.

GretschZildjian
    FRAGILE was huge.
    A breakthrough for prog.
    A breakthrough for YES.

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    I have that remastered, gold Fragile disk that came in a CD-size box, and CTTOI, that was probably the first “boxed set” I bought, and thus my first (CD-related) fondle.
    https://www.discogs.com/label/35095-...lity-Sound-Lab

Is this the version you are referring to? If so, I have it as well. I need to dig it out and listen to it again to commemorate the 50th year. Did you know that there are over 330 different versions of Fragile (CD, LP, Cassette, 8 Track, etc)?

Quote Originally Posted by yesman1955 View Post
    Is this the version you are referring to?
    Your link is to the Mobile Fidelity label page. But no, the gold disc version in question was from Atlantic, part of their short-lived "Gold Standard" series:

https://www.discogs.com/release/3687442-Yes-Fragile

Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    Your link is to the Mobile Fidelity label page. But no, the gold disc version in question was from Atlantic, part of their short-lived "Gold Standard" series:

https://www.discogs.com/release/3687442-Yes-Fragile
    Yeah, there is 6 of them. I own them all - haven't played then in years can only remember Pete Townsend's Empty Glass and Foreigner 4, I think Abacab. I'll have to check. They're really nice.
    What can this strange device be? When I touch it, it brings forth a sound.

I have a used CD (original pressing) of Fragile that I bought 20 years ago. It is really my favorite Yes album. For me the cream is Fragile up to, and including ....Relayer.

Yeah, Fragile is kind of inconsistent with all the individual contributions (some being quite good, and others not so much IMO). But on the main band compositions, I think it excels. “Roundabout” is still a favorite of mine, even though I’ve played it to death by now. Still a great song.

Plus there’s “South Side of the Sky” and “Heart of the Sunrise”, both of which are incredible.
    "what's better, peanut butter or g-sharp minor?"
    - Sturgeon's Lawyer, 2021

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasKDye View Post
    Thank you for shedding light on Broof's mysterious and bizarre-looking shoes!
    A couple of years ago just before the pandemic, a coworker dressed in a 70s disco outfit. I told her back then, men wore platform shoes. She didn't believe me.
    "Well my son, life is like a beanstalk, isn't it?"--Dalai Lama

I am hoping for Jethro Tull/Marillion-style Big Book versions of the Yes classic albums, as they hit 50 - but given that the 50th of "The Yes Album" has come and gone... thinking the possibilities are slim.. more like my own pipe dream!

There seems to be some measure of chaos in the handling of the catalog of a bunch of legacy artists - It is weird that Renaissance are getting better deluxe reissues than, a lot of the Yes catalog; the run from Prologue thru A Song For All Seasons have had pretty decent deluxe sets, with Scheherazade recently announced... Thinking they could make a killing selling big book versions of the run from "The Yes Album" to "90125".

BTW - How about big book versions of ALL the big 6 bands! - Now I am hallucinating - will stop!

v

Quote Originally Posted by vmartell View Post
    BTW - How about big book versions of ALL the big 6 bands! - Now I am hallucinating - will stop!
    Ooh, just what the world needs: another roll-out of the ELP catalog.

Ooh, just what the world needs: another roll-out of the ELP catalog.

Edited - while I disagree with ^ (we ACTUALLY need it IMHO ) my post could have been misinterpreted.

v