Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ghost Rhythms - Spectral Music

Ghost Rhythms - Spectral Music

Here's a track from the forthcoming album on Cuneiform, Spectral Music:

https://soundcloud.com/cuneiformreco...eiform-records

Very nice - sweeping cinematic feel to this one, got the blood circulating on a Monday morning!
    “your ognna pay pay with my wrath of ballbat”

Bandcamp Profile

Very good !

Wow!! I love it to bits!!! Can't wait to get this album. Must spin this track again!

Shamelessly bumping the thread, 'cos muthafuckas need to hear this.

Bandcamp Profile

It’s already an auto buy for me. But I don’t want to be teased with something I have to wait 2-3 months to get my hands on.
    WANTED: Sig-worthy quote.

Amazing! One of the best "new" bands around imho, they started pretty high and keep getting better.

Quote Originally Posted by ske View Post
    Amazing! One of the best "new" bands around imho, they started pretty high and keep getting better.
    The band will very, very much appreciate you saying so, Paolo!
    Steve F.

www.waysidemusic.com
    www.cuneiformrecords.com

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Any time any one speaks to me about any musical project, the one absolute given is "it will not make big money". [tip of the hat to HK]

"Death to false 'support the scene' prog!"

please add 'imo' wherever you like, to avoid offending those easily offended.

https://ghostrhythms.bandcamp.com/
    "YOU WERE GOING TO MAKE ME RELEASE A CD OF YOU FRENCH GOOFBALLS DOING SOFT MACHINE SONGS"

Late to the party

I totally dig this
    Mighty impressive

I'm late too. Is it all as *perfect* as this?

Ember
    I've recently been listening on Amazon Music, and the band does seem to be getting better and better. I have not heard the first album or the live one. The second, "Sept Cercles," has too much aggressive saxophone with poor intonation for my taste. The next one, "Madeleine," I loved and will buy and the most recent, "Imaginary Mountains," blew me away and I will absolutely buy it. The new track is fantastic, so if the album is on the same level it's a keeper too.

This music is imaginative and well played, challenging but satisfying. I also recently discovered Far Corner through PE, and have had a similarly gratifying experience.
    "I have not yet begun to procrastinate."

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Very nice, I'm in for this one.
    Ian

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Quote Originally Posted by rdclark View Post
    I've recently been listening on Amazon Music, and the band does seem to be getting better and better. I have not heard the first album or the live one. The second, "Sept Cercles," has too much aggressive saxophone with poor intonation for my taste. The next one, "Madeleine," I loved and will buy and the most recent, "Imaginary Mountains," blew me away and I will absolutely buy it. The new track is fantastic, so if the album is on the same level it's a keeper too.

This music is imaginative and well played, challenging but satisfying. I also recently discovered Far Corner through PE, and have had a similarly gratifying experience.
    I'd agree with your assessment- start with Madeleine and it just gets better from there. But don't miss 'Mind the Goat's and the offshoot band Habitat Farine, both of which are equally good. Both on bandcamp.

I'm very very tardy and I apologize. But I do happen to bop my head to aforementioned music and it makes me happy. Bop.

This sounds fantastic! Adding a reminder to buy nov 19th

Ghost Rhythms is simply my favorite active band at the moment. This new track affirms that once more.

Still hoping to catch them live at one point although that would probably mean a train ride to Paris. Xavier, any shows planned?
    Last edited by thedunno; 10-13-2021 at 09:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Conti View Post
    I'm late too. Is it all as *perfect* as this?
    Make sure you hear the album Madeleine. For me this is one of the handful of greatest albums of the last 20 years, I cannot speak highly enough of it.

Bandcamp Profile

Quote Originally Posted by Mascodagama View Post
    Make sure you hear the album Madeleine. For me this is one of the handful of greatest albums of the last 20 years, I cannot speak highly enough of it.
    That’s my take as well. I am not one for hyperbole and neither are some of the fellow enthusiasts in this thread, which I hope says something to newbies.

I also highly suggest interested parties check out the Lady With albums as well.
    WANTED: Sig-worthy quote.

Quote Originally Posted by Mascodagama View Post
    So Madeleine it will be. Thanks for the tip!

Thanks for this, what a band! Theyere new to me, dug up Madeleine and its been playing for days! Really super nice work on that one.

One of the best band of the last years. Their compostitions are really close to my musical vision. Great job and well done uncle Steve!

^ ^ ^ ^

a big 'grazie', Marcello.
    Steve F.

www.waysidemusic.com
    www.cuneiformrecords.com

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Any time any one speaks to me about any musical project, the one absolute given is "it will not make big money". [tip of the hat to HK]

"Death to false 'support the scene' prog!"

please add 'imo' wherever you like, to avoid offending those easily offended.

The last one, Imaginary Mountains, was outstanding, so I am really looking forward to this.

Neil

Quote Originally Posted by thedunno View Post
    Ghost Rhythms is simply my favorite active band at the moment. This new track affirms that once more.

Still hoping to catch them live at one point although that would probably mean a train ride to Paris. Xavier, any shows planned?
    Yes sir, and I would be more than happy to give you a free entrance to either one of those gigs in Paris:
    - november 12 (péniche l'Antipode, Paris)
    - december 10 (Sunset, Paris)
    - february 23 (péniche La Dame de Canton, Paris)
    if you're interested.
    More gigs to come.
    "YOU WERE GOING TO MAKE ME RELEASE A CD OF YOU FRENCH GOOFBALLS DOING SOFT MACHINE SONGS"