Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dave Sinclair-Stream(How did this not get noticed here?)

Dave Sinclair-Stream(How did this not get noticed here?)

I know that it has been available for a couple of years or so but where do you get a copy ?

Is it only available in Japan.

Thanks for the links though as I have never heard it !

I think he released a piano album at the same time, or around the same time.

I heard about them on the Canterbury mailing group, but never found them for sale anywhere.

I'm facebook friends with Annie Haslam,I'll ask her if she knows.

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Can someone post the list of guest artists here please? Thx.

I can and will. I also just decided to ask Dave how to buy it,so we'll see if he replies.

www.aadbeg.com/Streame.html
    Last edited by Rand Kelly; 03-16-2013 at 07:44 AM.

Amazing - some albums seem to get the opposite of the term "promotion" - and with such an excellent guest list ! His other 2 CDs , Moon over Man and Full Circle are available on Amazon, but I have always assumed they're very pop / rock and of not much interest - any views ?

Quote Originally Posted by Forester1 View Post
    Amazing - some albums seem to get the opposite of the term "promotion" - and with such an excellent guest list ! His other 2 CDs , Moon over Man and Full Circle are available on Amazon, but I have always assumed they're very pop / rock and of not much interest - any views ?
    I have both of those, but seem to recall that I didn't like Full Circle at all. I can't remember anything about Moon Over Man. I might have to dig it out! I have a feeling one of those two albums was made up of demo tracks and sounded pretty ropey in places.

I tried to contact David on facebook but he has not responded so we are in the dark as to find a way to purchase this. Stumped.

This is from the Stream website:

Another 'Canterbury Music' masterpiece ! After five years, the big 'Crescent' label project is finished.
    Canterbury's first class melody maker, Dave Sinclair's great new studio album ' Stream', will be available soon.
    On this album, the track 'Sad Eyes' features Robert Wyatt's vocal, 'Springwater' is a vivid and fluent piano solo piece, and the three great 'Canterbury' musicians, R. Wyatt, J.Hastings, and D. Sinclair come together for the beautiful finale, 'Stream'. These are just some examples of what must be Dave's finest album to date.

Guest musicians include:

Robert Wyatt ( ex Soft Machine, Matching Mole ) : Vocal & Cornet
    Jimmy Hastings : Flutes, Clarinets, & Soprano Sax
    Andy Latimer ( Camel ) : Electric Lead Guitar
    Annie Haslam ( Renaissance ) : Vocal
    Barbara Gaskin ( Stewart & Gaskin ) : Vocal
    Dave Stewart ( Stewart & Gaskin ) : Keyboard & Arrangement
    Doug Boyle ( ex Robert Plant Band / ex Caravan ) : Acoustic & Electric Guitar
    Fred Baker : Bass
    Morgan Fisher ( ex Mott The Hoople ) : keyboard
    Derby Cathedral Choir
    Yoshitaka Enomoto : Drums & Percussion
    and many others.

So we wait for a release date. I'm in.

Hi, I am the author of the youtube videos.

Due to an overwhelming interest in purchase information, I have decided to publicly confirm that 'Stream' is sadly unlikely to ever be available in physical format outside of Japan.

The label who owns the mechanical recording rights has registered no interest in continuing to publicise or distribute the album and have since gone out of contact with Dave and management.

It is hoped that the current issues preventing release of the album worldwide can be rectified eventually, but this will take some time.

For this reason I took it into my own hands to make some of Dave's beautiful tracks available for listening purposes in lower quality. I am going to contact Dave to check if he doesn't mind if I upload the rest of the tracks to youtube.

p.s. 'Pianoworks I - Frozen In Time' was the piano album released in 2010, the mechanical recording rights for this are also under ownership of the same label. MP3 downloads are still available worldwide from CDBaby. The CD version was also available there however I can't confirm whether there are copies in stock. - http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/davesinclair

Also, Full Circle and Moon Over Man and the anniversary reissue special edition are all out of print, but some copies are still available from Burning Shed. Purchasing them from there supports Dave, whereas from Amazon or elsewhere doesn't.
    Last edited by danielsmith; 04-17-2013 at 09:04 AM.

>For this reason I took it into my own hands to make some of Dave's beautiful tracks available for listening purposes in lower quality. I am going to contact Dave to check if he doesn't mind if I upload the rest of the tracks to youtube.

With respect, maybe you should have asked Dave if he minded you putting these excerpts up in the first place - it's his work and (whatever your opinion on the publicity value of YouTube) he may not want it put in the public domain in this way.

Bad news - this could have been the album of the year for us '70s proggers ! But thank you, Progulike, for letting us hear it.

... & thank you Daniel !

Just noticed a new David Sinclair up on the Burning Shed website (UK version of Stream ?)

Quote Originally Posted by Toothyspook View Post
    Just noticed a new David Sinclair up on the Burning Shed website (UK version of Stream ?)
    Sad to report the new release available at Burning Shed, The Little Things, contains only two common cuts to Stream, "Always There" and "Island," but both are fairly different lengths on the two releases so are presumably remakes. It's incredibly sad and frustrating that Stream hasn't been made available somewhere, anywhere, and even more puzzling given that CD Baby carries the Pianoworks Vol. 1: Frozen in Time CD for $25 on the same Japanese label. They still have it, as I just bought it last week, but the listing page says their stock is low. On his official website, the Contact link says it isn't functioning so there seems to be no way to find out the story behind this situation and if Stream will ever get an official release elsewhere. If anyone has any update to this, well...

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisXymphonia View Post
    But is it still available from Japan?
    That's a good question. This is the link to the label's page for it, http://aadbeg.free.makeshop.jp/shopdetail/002001000002/ and it appears to be available with a price and a number of copies in your cart, but it's in Japanese and some of the link buttons won't translate in the usual programs (Bing etc.) so I can't read all the order info. Being this came out two years ago, the page could be outdated, and regardless, they don't appear to ship outside Japan so you'd at least have to have someone there to order it for you. The odd things about this are: a. CD Baby carried — and still carries — his PianoWorks 1, but not this one, and b. none of the usual mail-order places like CD Japan or Amazon.co.jp/ appear to have ever carried Stream. I note even Amazon.co.jp/ currently carries PianoWorks I, oddly listed as being an import despite it being on a Japanese label! Why they would have that one and not Stream is baffling; did Stream actually really come out?!! Even if something's unavailable, they usually have a page listing it and stating "Out of stock" or "Out of print." This suggests this was only ever available directly from the label — and still may be. Can ANYone shed any current light on this situation, including how Sinclair is unable to release his own album in the UK through Burning Shed etc.? The fact that he has since gone on to record and issue a new release, The Little Things, would appear to indicate he has abandoned any plan for Stream ever coming out.

Having heard most of the album on YouTube now, I 'd have to make a comparison with Gilmour's On an Island ... very tasteful, perhaps too tasteful for some. I also heard a couple of tracks from Full Circle and rather enjoyed them , Nowhere to Hide, in particular I thought was better than anything on the last 2 Caravan albums. BTW has anyone heard the new Caravan ? ... only read a couple of comments which sadly were not favourable.

Quote Originally Posted by Forester1 View Post
    Nowhere to Hide, in particular I thought was better than anything on the last 2 Caravan albums.
    I would agree, except that "Nowhere To Hide" was *also* on "The Unauthorised Breakfast Item" - a parting gift from Dave Sinclair...
    Calyx (Canterbury Scene) - http://www.calyx-canterbury.fr
    Legends In Their Own Lunchtime (blog) - https://canterburyscene.wordpress.com/
    My latest books : "Yes" (2017) - https://lemotetlereste.com/musiques/yes/ + "L'Ecole de Canterbury" (2016) - http://lemotetlereste.com/musiques/lecoledecanterbury/ + "King Crimson" (2012/updated 2018) - http://lemotetlereste.com/musiques/kingcrimson/
    Canterbury & prog interviews - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCdf...IUPxUMA/videos

I stand corrected by the acknowledged authority on the subject ... perhaps I preferred the Full Circle version or perhaps I'd just forgotten hearing the original

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    For some reason I never read far enough into this thread. This blows that this album isn't available. How dare anyone - ANYONE - withhold Latimer guitar work from us? Damn this label to hell. Unless something's changed?

Quote Originally Posted by Harbottle View Post
    I have both of those, but seem to recall that I didn't like Full Circle at all. I can't remember anything about Moon Over Man. I might have to dig it out! I have a feeling one of those two albums was made up of demo tracks and sounded pretty ropey in places.
    Moon Over Man was kinda weak
    "Always ready with the ray of sunshine"

There were two more Pianoworks albums planned to be released on the Crescent label (not to be confused with Phil Miller's Crescent label).
    Pianoworks II - Scheduled for release Winter 2011
    Pianoworks III - Scheduled for release Autumn 2012
    Seems they never saw the light of day ..