Thread: My Highly Superior Version of Steve Hackett's Highly Strung As An E.P.

My Highly Superior Version of Steve Hackett's Highly Strung As An E.P.

When I got to meet Steve a couple of years ago (a thrill), I told him that Highly Strung was one of my favorites because of the suite of songs that's dispersed beginning and then end. I didn't tell him that some of it is dreck that the worthless record company execs probably made him do. That said, here is my version of the album without the dreck that I think works as a listening experience.

1. Group Therapy
    2. Time Lapse At Milton Keynes

The Highly Strung Suite

3. Camino Royale
    4. Cell 151
    5. Always Somewhere Else
    6. India Rubber Man
    7. Hackett To Pieces

Total Playing Time - 30:45
    No matter what anyone says, you are the decider of how you will listen to music.

I agree that it's a fragmented album. I was initially happy to hear that Hackett was using a drummer, Ian Mosley, rather than all-programmed-drums a la Cured but the album didn't stand the test of time.
    That said - one man's dreck is another man's treasure so I have to say that the lightweight and virtually guitar-free "Weightless" is one of my favourite Hackett tunes. As a wise man said "You are the decider of how you will listen to music".
    "One should never magnify the harsh light of reality with the mirror of prose onto the delicate wings of fantasy's butterfly"
    Thumpermonkey - How I Wrote The French Lieutenant's Woman

TESTING TESTING