Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Phil Collins I can barely hold a drumstick

Quote Originally Posted by Mascodagama View Post
    Very sad to hear.

Incidentally, please think twice about giving any traffic to the Daily Mail web site. It's a hateful, xenophobic rag which is playing its part in the increasingly rapid destruction of everything that was worthwhile in the so-called United Kingdom.

Oh buzz off with that crap!

Quote Originally Posted by FirthOf5th View Post
    Pleased to meet you too. I guess we're on different sides of the fence, which suits me just fine.
    your ognna pay pay with my wrath of ballbat

Bandcamp Profile

Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    Pleased to meet you too. I guess we're on different sides of the fence, which suits me just fine.
    I think you simply expressed on opinion. We're all adults here, no biggie.
    What can this strange device be? When I touch it, it brings forth a sound.

Quote Originally Posted by FirthOf5th View Post
    Truth hurts eh? Its also quite racist. Jonathan Harmeworth is a very upstanding citizen, right?

Quote Originally Posted by dgtlman View Post

It's a hateful, xenophobic rag....
    Yawn. As per usual, there is a tragic irony to your venom for something you view as hateful.

Collins himself is openly conservative, so are you not going to listen to any of his recordings?
    When not wasting time here, wasting time at:
    historyofliverpool.com

In comes the politics, out goes the thread, this place is about musical opinions, as soon as it creeps in it becomes a pitched battle of who's more righteous, something you can find in any other thread anywhere and guess what? Nobody wins in the end. My 2 cents, carry on.

Please stop with politics and back to Phil: it really hurts me too seeing him like this. Besides his physical problems I have the impression that his morale is extremely low. More than a Genesis tour or anything else I would really love to see him smile and joke like he used to.
    It's really too sad and sometimes close to morbid based on the comments of some posters above.
    Some positive inputs are strongly needed...

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Krautman View Post
    back to Phil: it really hurts me too seeing him like this. Besides his physical problems I have the impression that his morale is extremely low. More than a Genesis tour or anything else I would really love to see him smile and joke like he used to.
    It's really too sad and sometimes close to morbid based on the comments of some posters above.
    Some positive inputs are strongly needed...
    I worry about his morale too. But I think performing with Tony and Mike might be good for him. They've all stayed good friends, and their being together could have a positive effect on him.

He did joke and laugh a bit in that interview, which was nice to see. When asked how it was performing with the guys again, and he said "Rotten".

I hope he knows that he's still loved by many folks out there, regardless of whether he can play drums or not.

Quote Originally Posted by aith01 View Post
    I worry about his morale too. But I think performing with Tony and Mike might be good for him. They've all stayed good friends, and their being together could have a positive effect on him.

He did joke and laugh a bit in that interview, which was nice to see. When asked how it was performing with the guys again, and he said "Rotten".

I hope he knows that he's still loved by many folks out there, regardless of whether he can play drums or not.

Well, at last yours is definitely what I would call a POSITIVE input !

For sure.

Apologies for the thread derail earlier - not for the view expressed, but this wasn't really the place for it.
    your ognna pay pay with my wrath of ballbat

Bandcamp Profile

On the verge of indecision
    I'll always take the roundabout way

What's the source of Phil's health problems?

Hopefully.

It's that fandom and admiration that makes it so difficult to see his decline now.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Phil Collins: "I can barely hold a drumstick."

Well, the chickens and turkeys are somewhat safer, I suppose.
    15 Cuban minutes
    Can get lost in the fog
    Life's a test, just do your best
    Like a three-legged dog

http://www.discogs.com/user/moecurlythanu/collection

Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    Phil Collins: "I can barely hold a drumstick."

Well, the chickens and turkeys are somewhat safer, I suppose.
    "what's better, peanut butter or g-sharp minor?"
    - Sturgeon's Lawyer, 2021

Just throwing this out there, but does anyone think that Phil may have something more serious going on than just back problems? When interviewed and in the documentary, he just looks very unhealthy. His face is drawn and haggard, and he just looks totally drained. The old Phil always had a twinkle in his eye and joked around in interviews. The new Phil does not. Granted, he is going through yet another divorce and other personal problems, but he is not his old self. Maye it is all the result of back issues, but he just has the appearance of a very unhealthy man.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveSly View Post
    Just throwing this out there, but does anyone think that Phil may have something more serious going on than just back problems? When interviewed and in the documentary, he just looks very unhealthy. His face is drawn and haggard, and he just looks totally drained. The old Phil always had a twinkle in his eye and joked around in interviews. The new Phil does not. Granted, he is going through yet another divorce and other personal problems, but he is not his old self. Maye it is all the result of back issues, but he just has the appearance of a very unhealthy man.
    Maybe its just old age which affects everyone differently.

Quote Originally Posted by yesstiles View Post
    What's the source of Phil's health problems?
    Why do we care about something we will never know the truth of. He got an ear infection like myself, which infected his hearing mine severely than mine. What caused mine? Well after that happened for me, I learned via science news about the impact of Vitamin D on the immune system which goes well beyond just ricketts. Started taking 2000 iu and then 4000 iu, and since than even though much older, I get far fewer flu and cold events, and if I do its maybe once a year and maybe confounded with allergies and sinus infection. D3 goes into every cell in the body, and also helps muscles. Deficiency is implicated in COVID death. Obese people lose it in their fat, unless they hibernate like a bear. Food doesnt have enough, unless you eat wild salmon 3 times a day.

Quote Originally Posted by Firth View Post
    Why do we care about something we will never know the truth of. He got an ear infection like myself, which infected his hearing mine severely than mine. What caused mine? Well after that happened for me, I learned via science news about the impact of Vitamin D on the immune system which goes well beyond just ricketts. Started taking 2000 iu and then 4000 iu, and since than even though much older, I get far fewer flu and cold events, and if I do it’s maybe once a year and maybe confounded with allergies and sinus infection. D3 goes into every cell in the body, and also helps muscles. Deficiency is implicated in COVID death. Obese people lose it in their fat, unless they hibernate like a bear. Food doesn’t have enough, unless you eat wild salmon 3 times a day.
    K.
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Progatron View Post
    K.
    Thats why I eat eggs and collards, and leafy green every day. Thats available in diet easily. Vitamin D3 isnt so much available except by consuming wild fish.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveSly View Post
    Granted, he is going through yet another divorce...
    I wish that Phil was doing better and I wish the man nothing but as good a health as possible. Totally his call of course, but I have to wonder why he bothers to keep getting married. It's ended poorly so many times, you'd think that he'd be severely gun shy by now. It's his life, but I'd get take the hint, that maybe marriage isn't for him. You can still be with someone and not 'tie the knot'.

Neil
    Last edited by boilk; 09-12-2021 at 05:43 PM.

He did nearly kill himself with alcohol a few years back too. I would recommend his Not Dead Yet autobiography that is incredibly honest, it's a sad way to end up for such a talented man.

Sent from my SM-J330FN using Tapatalk

I think this report is quite likely typical media sensationalism. So I wouldnt trust any of it. Daily mail isnt any different from all of the BS pushers. That doesnt mean these performances are going to be bad, its just that it may or may not be. Im just not enthralled by a performance of Mama which was real low energy. Not that I like that song, I abhor it.