Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 50

Thread: Glass Hammer Announce October 15th Release

  1. #1

    Glass Hammer Announce October 15th Release

    Hey guys! We've got a new concept album on the way.

    Dreaming City's follow up. Skallagrim - Into The Breach.
    Preordering begins September 17th at www.glasshammer.com

    https://www.loudersound.com/news/gla...bum-skallagrim



  2. #2
    Member BarryLI's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Bronx, NY
    Posts
    556
    Autobuy as usual, keep 'em coming.

  3. #3

  4. #4
    Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    15,799
    Saw you play at Terra Incognita a few years past. I must say the artwork is excellent!
    What can this strange device be? When I touch it, it brings forth a sound.

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Chicago, Illinois
    Posts
    39
    I always look forward to a new GH release!

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Glass Hammer View Post
    Hey guys! We've got a new concept album on the way.

    Dreaming City's follow up. Skallagrim - Into The Breach.
    Preordering begins September 17th at www.glasshammer.com

    https://www.loudersound.com/news/gla...bum-skallagrim


    You guys are so lazy! Why donít you get off your butts and accomplish something, for crying out loud! 😂

    Just kidding, of course. Look forward to hearing the new music! Iím sure it will be good!
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter" - Yoda

    www.farpointband.com
    www.greyfeather.net
    www.kevinjarvismusic.net

  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2021
    Location
    NJ USA
    Posts
    1
    Canít wait!

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by rwscull View Post
    Can’t wait!

  9. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Frederick, MD
    Posts
    250
    Got my shipment notification in my e-mail today. I ordered the CD even though the only CD player I own is in my car lol

    Guess I'll be hanging out in the driveway!

  10. #10
    Member Rajaz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    New Scotland, Canada
    Posts
    591
    Quote Originally Posted by mozo-pg View Post
    Saw you play at Terra Incognita a few years past. I must say the artwork is excellent!
    I was there too! They played in that small chapel place and did a very enjoyable set, I was lucky to meet and had a pleasant chat with Steve Babb who besides being a talented bassist and composer is a great guy :-)
    GH Come back soon to Canada!

  11. #11
    Member Rajaz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    New Scotland, Canada
    Posts
    591
    The female vocalist looks to be younger than Susie Bogdanowicz, when was she replaced? Although Dream City had 3 lead vocalists, Susie was a prime member of the touring outfit and main player.

    But listening to the teaser, it stands out that this girl has a wide vocal range and that is really good :-)

  12. #12
    Ordered the hirez download .... even if it means no autographs .....

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by ca1ore View Post
    Ordered the hirez download .... even if it means no autographs .....
    But you get a bonus track!

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Rajaz View Post
    The female vocalist looks to be younger than Susie Bogdanowicz, when was she replaced? Although Dream City had 3 lead vocalists, Susie was a prime member of the touring outfit and main player.

    But listening to the teaser, it stands out that this girl has a wide vocal range and that is really good :-)
    Hannah is 24 and has been working with us at the studio for about a year and a half. She appeared first on A Matter Of Time, last fall. We were looking for a local singer who could work with us in the studio (susie lives 500 miles from us)
    and Hannah was our pick. A POWERFUL voice!

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Rajaz View Post
    I was there too! They played in that small chapel place and did a very enjoyable set, I was lucky to meet and had a pleasant chat with Steve Babb who besides being a talented bassist and composer is a great guy :-)
    GH Come back soon to Canada!
    Awww shucks (as we say). It was great to meet our fans in Quebec. We'd love to return one day.

  16. #16
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Frederick, MD
    Posts
    250
    Good 30 minute interview with Steve, Fred and Hannah on The ProgReport podcast was just released.

    They chat a bit about the concept and upcoming book, how Hannah wound up in the band, and other tidbits!

  17. #17
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Frederick, MD
    Posts
    250
    Listening now. I thought the opening song "Anthem to Andorath" was heavy... HOLY SMOKES the following track "Sellsword" is amazing.

    These riffs are killer!!!

    The artwork and lyrics are cool as well. Sort of an "Elric" vibe for me. The booklet includes both song lyrics, and un-sung story lyrics. Makes me miss the days of gatefold LP's.
    Last edited by julioscissors; 10-05-2021 at 09:03 PM.

  18. #18
    I missed Walter Moore at first and kinda ‘boycotted’ CoA …. Until I realized how good it was (and is) LOL. Now I’ve decided I like the changing vocalists. Alan Parsons Project-ish.

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by ca1ore View Post
    I missed Walter Moore at first and kinda ‘boycotted’ CoA …. Until I realized how good it was (and is) LOL. Now I’ve decided I like the changing vocalists. Alan Parsons Project-ish.
    That's great. Fred and I have always seen it like that, albums are more of a 'studio project'. Imagine trying to hold 5 people ( or more ) together for over 25 years and getting everyone to agree on everything. This is the best way, for us, to keep making albums.
    Steve

  20. #20
    Member BarryLI's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Bronx, NY
    Posts
    556
    You're making me work, Steve, now I gotta pull out the last one and re- PRAT it so I can move onto this one (which has already arrived, gracias).

  21. #21
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Location
    Madison, WI
    Posts
    188
    Quote Originally Posted by Glass Hammer View Post
    That's great. Fred and I have always seen it like that, albums are more of a 'studio project'. Imagine trying to hold 5 people ( or more ) together for over 25 years and getting everyone to agree on everything. This is the best way, for us, to keep making albums.
    Steve
    Alan Parsons or Steely Dan of the 1970's. Core studio group of two guys, guest players along the way. Some of the best in the industry at the time for Steely Dan. The difference would be in that Donald Fagan handled all the vocal duties and so you get this feeling of continuity despite the use of different studio musicians. Also, Steely Dan didn't tour in their heyday after that first group album and to my knowledge, Glass Hammer has never been a touring act other than the one off date here and there. Was there ever a time when you and Fred considered putting together a band and playing a proper tour Steve? By proper I mean say 25 dates over a month or two timeframe.

  22. #22
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Frederick, MD
    Posts
    250
    After one go through "Moon Pool" is my favorite track. Great bass, great groove, cool keys. Kind of reminds me of "Nexus Girl" on Valkryie and "Clockwork" on Chronomanaut.

    The whole album is killer riff after killer riff. "Hyperborea" is the Rush song that Rush never wrote!

    The only thing I haven't gotten my head around is why the band switched to "in house" male vocals on "The Ogre of Archon" and "Into the Breach". From reading the lyrics, I'm assuming it was a narrative choice. But Hannah Pryor was so great on the other tracks I sort of missed her voice on those two.

    That's no knock on Fred or Steve's voice (not sure which is singing). I generally like when they take the lead.

  23. #23
    Member Top Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    N of Clearwater, Florida
    Posts
    2,467
    Catching up....our copy of Dream City arrived last week and found it's way into the cd play last Friday night.
    WOW! it's a rollercoaster ride for sure. The music just keeps coming..POW! little details added in a track, synth parts are perfect..lot of power in these songs, vocals and lyrics are great.
    I think this is one of the best Glass Hammer albums ever! I love the early GH albums, Lex Rex being my favorite, but this new direction fits ya'll like a glove.
    And Hannah's vocals in the trailers knocks the tracks into the Stratosphere.

    I need to digest Dream City before getting the new one, and the new one seems even more powerful and just as creative.
    Looking forward to getting the new release after more Dream City listens.

    Steve, this must've been very satisfying to get such wonderful, creative music and recorded performance for the story you've written.
    Great 5 stars and thumbs up for Dream City.

    If you don't have Dream City, I would really recommend getting it as well as the new one, and listening to it first.
    Soundcloud page: Richard Hermans, musical meanderings https://soundcloud.com/precipice Bandcamp: https://richardhermans.bandcamp.comYouTube: https://youtu.be/F34jl6fQVmA

  24. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by julioscissors View Post
    After one go through "Moon Pool" is my favorite track. Great bass, great groove, cool keys. Kind of reminds me of "Nexus Girl" on Valkryie and "Clockwork" on Chronomanaut.

    The whole album is killer riff after killer riff. "Hyperborea" is the Rush song that Rush never wrote!

    The only thing I haven't gotten my head around is why the band switched to "in house" male vocals on "The Ogre of Archon" and "Into the Breach". From reading the lyrics, I'm assuming it was a narrative choice. But Hannah Pryor was so great on the other tracks I sort of missed her voice on those two.

    That's no knock on Fred or Steve's voice (not sure which is singing). I generally like when they take the lead.
    About those vocals....(mostly me btw...though Fred sings the opening lines of Into The Breach)...I wrote those last summer before we knew Hannah would be doing the album. So they're keyed for a male singer. Also, it wasn't supposed to be me, but a cameo for John Beagley, who sang on Dreaming City. Unfortunately he had surgery and could not sing. We waited till the last possible day, then I did the vocals. I've never been a fan of my own voice, especially when we have other singers far better. Anyway...that's how it happened.
    Glad you like the album. Truly!!!
    Steve

  25. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    Catching up....our copy of Dream City arrived last week and found it's way into the cd play last Friday night.
    WOW! it's a rollercoaster ride for sure. The music just keeps coming..POW! little details added in a track, synth parts are perfect..lot of power in these songs, vocals and lyrics are great.
    I think this is one of the best Glass Hammer albums ever! I love the early GH albums, Lex Rex being my favorite, but this new direction fits ya'll like a glove.
    And Hannah's vocals in the trailers knocks the tracks into the Stratosphere.

    I need to digest Dream City before getting the new one, and the new one seems even more powerful and just as creative.
    Looking forward to getting the new release after more Dream City listens.

    Steve, this must've been very satisfying to get such wonderful, creative music and recorded performance for the story you've written.
    Great 5 stars and thumbs up for Dream City.

    If you don't have Dream City, I would really recommend getting it as well as the new one, and listening to it first.
    Glad you like Dreaming City. I think you'll be even more impressed with Skallagrim. Hope you'll let me know!
    Yep...I love having albums inspired by my book, even before it comes out! Of course I have another album to write and at least 2 more books to complete the tale!
    Steve

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •