Thread: Password Reset

Password Reset

It seems that every now and again, this site decides that my registered password is not going to be recognised any more. This is despite my having it written down in a password manager and making multiple attempts at entering it. I accept that this could be user error, and it seems to go a while before it happens, but it now feels like something that has happened to me a few times on this site over the years. Is some sort of expiration set on passwords?

Anyway, that is not my main issue. In order to resolve this I have to request a password reset, which *shouldn't* be too big a deal, but the bloody captcha thing is a complete nightmare! It took me about 5 attempts for me to get the expected string of characters and this was despite me refreshing many times to reject those images I felt I had no chance with.

I know that the captcha is there for a good reason but the ones on this site are ridiculous.

Parrots ripped my flesh Dave (in MA)'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cannygoodlike View Post
    It seems that every now and again, this site decides that my registered password is not going to be recognised any more. This is despite my having it written down in a password manager and making multiple attempts at entering it. I accept that this could be user error, and it seems to go a while before it happens, but it now feels like something that has happened to me a few times on this site over the years. Is some sort of expiration set on passwords?

Anyway, that is not my main issue. In order to resolve this I have to request a password reset, which *shouldn't* be too big a deal, but the bloody captcha thing is a complete nightmare! It took me about 5 attempts for me to get the expected string of characters and this was despite me refreshing many times to reject those images I felt I had no chance with.

I know that the captcha is there for a good reason but the ones on this site are ridiculous.
    The same has just happened to me. I am no idiot but I had about 15 gos before I got lucky
    Hit that long lunar note and let it float

Parrots ripped my flesh Dave (in MA)'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Munster View Post
    The same has just happened to me. I am no idiot but I had about 15 gos before I got lucky
    I am an idiot, but it's never happened to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave (in MA) View Post
    I am an idiot, but it's never happened to me.
    Well ... on second thoughts, maybe I am. I ran CCleaner and it knocked out all my passwords. I can usually read the letters in Image Verification, but the PE one is the most confusing I have encountered.
    Hit that long lunar note and let it float