Thread: This had to be shared...

This had to be shared...

I know you can relate.

Record Collection.jpg

(How do I make this image bigger? I posted this on another VB site and it was much easier to see and read).

I think that at least once a week. Other than one friend of mine, it never happens.
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

the thought crosses my mind. I'm leaving my collection to my youngest son. He can do what he wants with it. I wonder what physical format will be the standard in 2040, if there is still a physical format for recorded music then.

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverAutumn View Post
    I know you can relate.

Record Collection.jpg

(How do I make this image bigger? I posted this on another VB site and it was much easier to see and read).
    All we have to do is click the mouse over it and the image gets bigger.

... and I've come to terms with the fact that I'm the only one that will ever think my CD collection is awesome, though portions of it can intersect with other people's tastes... and thank God for that or I'd REALLY be wasting my time here!

That may be the single greatest thruth ever written.

My album collection used to be awesome, as was my DVD collection. Eventually I achieved an inner peace with their awesomeness, in a zen-like way, and having reached that state was able to get rid of them and move on.

Everyone in my family (Kay, ex-wife (still friend) and 5 kids KNOW that under no circumstances once I'm gone can anyone other than my 2nd oldest (Peter the ghost) son inherit my cd/dvd collection. Pete knows to give them any scraps after he's done sorting through it. Not that any of them (other than my ex, who will take the "more recent" Neal Morse stuff, Randy G's Ajalon, Mike V.'s Kinetic Element, Kevin's Farpoint......she marvels that people who share her belief system can make music like the aforementioned folks, with a lyrical message that is right in her theological wheelhouse).

I want my collection to go where it will still be played.
    Last edited by progeezer; 03-15-2013 at 01:52 PM.
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

President Harry S. Truman

LOVE that!
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

If there's a rock & roll heaven, you know they've got a hell of a band. And an *even better* record collection.

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverAutumn View Post
    I know you can relate.

Record Collection.jpg

I already *have* met that special someone: ME!

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    I already *have* met that special someone: ME!
    And in that sentence you define why you need extensive therapy!
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

President Harry S. Truman

Every record collector's nightmare, Goodwill Industries!

Well, when I'm gone, my family can do with it what they want. But, for now, I'm enjoying the hell out of it.

Banned
    How do you post that to Facebook? That would make a great status update.

Save it to your computer and then upload it to FB. Or send me a friend request (Esther Linetsky) and then share it from me. Where do you think I got it from?

I know when I'm gone, most of my collection will be thrown out. I guess it depends who is still around, as my brothers may want a few things. If they are gone too, its likely all going into a dumpster. Morbid topic of course, but I have no illusions there are many people who care about the awesomeness of my collection. And it is awesome of course!

I want my collection buried with me, a la the Egyptian Pharaohs.

Wait a minute here! I was told you CAN take it with you!

Somebody tell that kid to get his damned dirty fingers off the vinyl. I'll bet the first two tracks on all of his albums sound like crap.
    The older I get, the better I was.

I know when I'm gone, most of my collection will be thrown out. I guess it depends who is still around, as my brothers may want a few things. If they are gone too, its likely all going into a dumpster. Morbid topic of course, but I have no illusions there are many people who care about the awesomeness of my collection. And it is awesome of course!
    Same here. Charity-shop fodder much of my collection, though even they won't take the vinyl any more - and I still have a lot of vinyl (it's the gatefold sleeves...they're just so good). Isn't it strange though how things that can be so treasured by one person can be worthless crap to the next.
    Stand on hills of long forgotten yesterdays.

I like to think my collection will end up with a nephew or some other relative who will hopefully get into Prog some day.

But it will probably end up being sold off cheaply at garage sales. Hell, that's how I got a good portion of my collection in the first place.

But what will I care, having shuffled off this mortal coil!
    High Vibration Go On - R.I.P. Chris Squire

I want them melted into a vinyl tombstone. Picture discs on the top edges like Dali clocks melting down....