Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Transatlantic tour!

West of Worcester (Western Massachusetts)

Transatlantic tour!

I'm thinking Montreal...

TRANSATLANTIC - the Prog Supergroup of Neal Morse, Mike Portnoy, Roine Stolt & Pete Trewavas – are pleased to announce tour dates for North America and UK/Europe to take place in 2022. The tour will be in support of the group’s epic release The Absolute Universe which was released earlier this year in multiple versions. The North America dates kick off April 15 th in Glenside, PA and concludes with performances at Morsefest 2022 and Cruise to the Edge. Meanwhile, the Europe/UK dates take place in July beginning with the ARTmania festival in Romania.

Mike Portnoy had this to say about the upcoming tour:

“Between releasing our latest album in the middle of a worldwide pandemic & shutdown, and the already difficult task of trying to align our different schedules even in the most normal of circumstances, it was uncertain if Transatlantic would ever get to play any shows in support of The Absolute Universe.

“But now with the world slowly re-opening and the band already committing to a few one-off appearances in 2022 (Cruise To The Edge, Morsefest and a Festival in Romania), we’re excited to announce we were able to wrangle up some headlining shows surrounding these one-offs! (April in North America and July in EU/UK)

“These are the ONLY shows we will be doing in support of The Absolute Universe so if we can’t make it to your area, it may be worth traveling to come see us and share these special shows with us. While we wish we could do a full proper tour, getting to play ANY shows for this album is an unexpected treat that we weren’t sure would ever happen…so better late than never!” – Mike Portnoy

North America dates:

April 15th - Glenside, PA - Keswick Theater

https://www.axs.com/events/409822/an...lantic-tickets

April 16th - Montclair, NJ - Wellmont Theater

https://www.ticketmaster.com/event/02005AFEFC0F7014

April 18th - Quebec City, Quebec - Palais Montcalm

https://palaismontcalm.tuxedobillet..../transatlantic

April 19th - Montreal, Quebec - M Telus

https://www.ticketmaster.ca/event/31...p;brand=mtelus

April 21st - St Charles, IL - Arcada Theater

https://www.etix.com/ticket/p/431119...957.1628201559

April 23rd - Los Angeles, CA - Belasco Theater

https://www.ticketmaster.com/event/09005B05AF17211D

April 24th - Berkeley, CA - UC Theatre

https://www.etix.com/ticket/p/436014...the-uc-theatre

April 29th & 30th - Cross Plains, TN - MorseFest 2022

Click HERE

May 2nd to 7th - Cruise To The Edge 2022

https://cruisetotheedge.com/book-now/

UK/Europe dates:

July 22nd - Sibiu, Romania - ARTmania Festival

July 24th - Cologne, Germany - E Werk

https://www.myticket.de/de/transatla...2-tour-tickets

July 25th - Tilburg, Netherlands – 013

https://www.ticketmaster.nl/event/27...rand=nl_013web

July 27th - London, England - O 2 Forum Kentish Town

https://www.ticketmaster.co.uk/event/1F005AFE183A8DE7

July 28th - Paris, France – Olympia (ON SALE ON AUG 18TH)

www.olympiahall.com/evenements/transatlantic/

I wish I felt comfortable going to ANY shows, it's a bummer.

The Wellmont, cool, I may be able to make that show

Ember
    I bought a ticket for the Keswick in April. It'll be interesting, first show of the tour. I'm hoping that another 8 months will be enough to get Covid under control. And if not, when I saw Flying Colors at the Keswick the whole back half of the room was empty. Maybe I can sit by myself with a mask on and feel safe.
    "I have not yet begun to procrastinate."

Will be seeing them on Cruise To The Edge.

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Wah3 View Post
    The Wellmont, cool, I may be able to make that show
    WTF is up with no NYC show?
    ———————————————————————————

The sweet smell of Afghanistan rewards a long day’s toil.

Ember
    I'm sure they consider Montclair to be the NYC show, just as the Keswick is the Philly show and St Charles is the Chicago show.

What's amazing, IMO, is that a North American tour with only eight dates hits the East Coast (twice), Canada (twice), the Midwest, Northern and Southern California and (arguably) the South in only two weeks. That's a lot of miles. They can't possibly expect to make any money from this. There's no slack in the travel schedule, either, and playing in Chicago on Thursday and then LA on Saturday seems like quite a challenge. I wonder if they're just transporting personal instruments and sourcing everything else locally at all the venues. That's... faith. "Transatlantic: The Rented Drums Tour."
    "I have not yet begun to procrastinate."

The eons are closing
    Maybe MP now has kits on both coasts as well as Japan and Europe

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
    No one plans to take the path that brings you lower

Tickets in hand, well in text message on my phone, for the Berkeley show.
    Duncan's going to make a Horns Emoticon!!!

Hmmm, Keswick is as close as they get, again.
    Not my favorite venue, not bad by any means. But if I'm going to travel several hours to get there I wish it was nicer.
    I guess I'll just have to buy the inevitable DVD package.
    "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."
    -- Aristotle
    Nostalgia, you know, ain't what it used to be. Furthermore, they tells me, it never was.
    “A Man Who Does Not Read Has No Appreciable Advantage Over the Man Who Cannot Read” - Unknown

The whole center of the Keswick was sold when I checked over the weekend. Not dishing out that money for side seats. And Keswick seats are uncomfortable as hell and very narrow. I do like the Keswick Inn for a few pints though.
    JG

"MARKLAR!"

First Transatlantic show I've missed. I live 25 minutes away, but for me, for now, I'm going to pass. It breaks my heart, so many great times at the Keswick, but I will not take the chance of someone unvaccinated near me perhaps not masked either. It's a damn shame.

Quote Originally Posted by rdclark View Post
    I bought a ticket for the Keswick in April. It'll be interesting, first show of the tour. I'm hoping that another 8 months will be enough to get Covid under control. And if not, when I saw Flying Colors at the Keswick the whole back half of the room was empty. Maybe I can sit by myself with a mask on and feel safe.
    I used to go to quite a few shows at the Keswick. My last show there was the Neal Morse Band in early 2019 which was maybe 1/4 full. Weird that Marillion practically sold the place out. It was really packed for them(that was in 2017 I think). Anyway, I'm considering getting tickets for this. I've only seen Transatlantic once so far and that was way back at the second Nearfest. As for Flying Colors I never saw them but have their first release which is good. I should probably check out the second one too. I do remember them playing at the Keswick though. The Keswick is actually a pretty good venue for prog and so is the Sellersville theater which is quite a bit smaller.
    When you list all the qualities that you despise and you realize you're describing yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by fiberman View Post
    First Transatlantic show I've missed. I live 25 minutes away, but for me, for now, I'm going to pass. It breaks my heart, so many great times at the Keswick, but I will not take the chance of someone unvaccinated near me perhaps not masked either. It's a damn shame.
    I saw Jon Anderson a few nights ago at the Jersey Shore and very few people were wearing masks. I'm vaccinated so not overly paranoid about it but I suppose I could have had my mask on anyway. I doubt most people there not wearing masks were unvaccinated but you never know. I know there are people who are vaccinated who wear masks. I usually do when I go shopping.
    Last edited by Digital_Man; 08-12-2021 at 03:51 PM.
    When you list all the qualities that you despise and you realize you're describing yourself.

Saw them on the previous 2 tours but somehow not really bothered about them this time.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveSly View Post
    Will be seeing them on Cruise To The Edge.
    Going to both.

Quote Originally Posted by Digital_Man View Post
    I saw Jon Anderson a few nights ago and very few people were wearing masks. I'm vaccinated so not overly paranoid about it but I suppose I could have had my mask on anyway. I doubt most people there not wearing masks were unvaccinated but you never know. I know there are people who are vaccinated who wear masks. I usually do when I go shopping.
    Was at Jones Beach for Squeeze/Hall and Oates last night, in fairness an outdoor venue, the masks were few and far between. Weird to discuss on this site but considering Hall is 74 (I'm looking at you, Ian) his voice has held up quite well, I mean if you're not disappointed that he doesn't sound like he did in 1971 or whatever. They came out at 9:00, said the obligatory "we're gonna play all night", ripped off 10 songs (no epics here) and walked off, I mean the crowd was trying to figure out if something was wrong, lol. They returned to play 4 hits in a row setting up the following conundrum: do I stay and listen to 4 songs I actually came to hear and sit in a traffic jam for an hour after the show, or do I leave early, listen on my way to the car and get hell out of dodge with my wife in tow, we chose the latter and am glad we did. One note: they turned around women with almost any size handbag, they had to walk back to the car to ditch them and get on line again, we were puzzled as couples kept walking by us when we were on line, might alert the wives for your next show. Why can't they just look in them like usual? No clue.

Quote Originally Posted by BarryLI View Post
    One note: they turned around women with almost any size handbag, they had to walk back to the car to ditch them and get on line again, we were puzzled as couples kept walking by us when we were on line, might alert the wives for your next show. Why can't they just look in them like usual? No clue.
    Jones Beach is the one and only concert venue I've ever been frisked at. I was too surprised to object at the time.

Edit: Not to mention the fact that lots of people LIRR/bus in from NYC. What do they expect those people to do with their bags? Lame.

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PixelDelirium View Post
    Jones Beach is the one and only concert venue I've ever been frisked at. I was too surprised to object at the time.

Edit: Not to mention the fact that lots of people LIRR/bus in from NYC. What do they expect those people to do with their bags? Lame.
    It must have been kind of funny to watch a 74 year-old man sing "Cold as Ice," etc. Or does he not look at all 74?
    ———————————————————————————

The sweet smell of Afghanistan rewards a long day’s toil.

Quote Originally Posted by Digital_Man View Post
    I used to go to quite a few shows at the Keswick. My last show there was the Neal Morse Band in early 2019 which was maybe 1/4 full. Weird that Marillion practically sold the place out. It was really packed for them(that was in 2017 I think). Anyway, I'm considering getting tickets for this. I've only seen Transatlantic once so far and that was way back at the second Nearfest. As for Flying Colors I never saw them but have their first release which is good. I should probably check out the second one too. I do remember them playing at the Keswick though. The Keswick is actually a pretty good venue for prog and so is the Sellersville theater which is quite a bit smaller.
    Those seats at the Keswick are so damn uncomfortable

Quote Originally Posted by progman1975 View Post
    We saw Transatlantic there for the Kaleidoscope tour.
    The lighting people kept putting bright lights into the audience and I had to wear sunglasses for a big part of the show.
    Not sure what their intent was, but I found it annoying rather than enhancing.
    "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."
    -- Aristotle
    Nostalgia, you know, ain't what it used to be. Furthermore, they tells me, it never was.
    “A Man Who Does Not Read Has No Appreciable Advantage Over the Man Who Cannot Read” - Unknown

Yes, they are like old movie theater seats. They should just redo the whole place if you ask me. Apparently the venue in Collingswood NJ is much nicer but I've never been there. Maybe someone on here can comment.

I was kinda hoping that they used the pandemic time to upgrade that. They were already renovating some of the interior.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Giant View Post
    The whole center of the Keswick was sold when I checked over the weekend. Not dishing out that money for side seats. And Keswick seats are uncomfortable as hell and very narrow. I do like the Keswick Inn for a few pints though.
    I'm told by a reliable source that the Keswick often holds back seats (often good ones) and then releases them for sale later so it may be worth checking back periodically.

West of Worcester (Western Massachusetts)
    Tix in hand for Montreal! Since they're letting us over the border again...