Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Yes Live at QPR 1975 DVD Release on Gonzo Multimedia

Yes Live at QPR 1975 DVD Release on Gonzo Multimedia

I got this e-mail today. It is being released on Takeaway Records.

Is this legit?
    -----------------------------------------------------
    This sumptuous box set comprises:

DVD 1 – Video: Full DVD of QPR ( 10th May 1975 ) concert.
    DVD 2 – Audio: Quad up-mix of the QPR concert + Original Quad version of 'King Biscuit Flower Hour" from Dec 11, 1974, Boston Gardens.
    CD 1 – Double live CD of 'King Biscuit Flower Hour' Broadcast from Dec 11, 1974, Boston Gardens (the first 'Relayer' tour).
    CD 2 - Double Live CD of New Haven Broadcast 10th December 1975.

Paper parts: Reproduction;
    QPR ticket,
    QPR Program,
    8x10s Press Photo.
    Postcards
    Numbered Certificate,
    Poster

It is set for release 30th September 2021

Quote Originally Posted by Koreabruce View Post
    I got this e-mail today. It is being released on Takeaway Records.

Is this legit?

DVD 1 – Video: Full DVD of QPR ( 10th May 1975 ) concert.
    DVD 2 – Audio: Quad up-mix of the QPR concert + Original Quad version of 'King Biscuit Flower Hour" from Dec 11, 1974, Boston Gardens.
    CD 1 – Double live CD of 'King Biscuit Flower Hour' Broadcast from Dec 11, 1974, Boston Gardens (the first 'Relayer' tour).
    CD 2 - Double Live CD of New Haven Broadcast 10th December 1975.

Paper parts: Reproduction;
    QPR ticket,
    QPR Program,
    8x10s Press Photo.
    Postcards
    Numbered Certificate,
    Poster

It is set for release 30th September 2021

Also new to Takeaway Records
    Ken Golden says Yes--its legit

Quote Originally Posted by progman1975 View Post
    Ken Golden says Yes--its legit
    Although if you read what Henry is saying in the other thread there's a lot of "sort of legit" around this. As in, the band probably won't see a penny from it.
    I'm holding out for the Wilson-mixed 5.1 super-duper walletbuster special anniversary extra adjectives edition.

The elephant in the room is the sound quality of QPR. I wonder if they have been able to separate out and remix those unbalanced tracks? I know technology improves all of the time and wonders can be done, however although it looks like a lavish package of historically interesting shows, I would need to know that it is listenable before I parted with any cash.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunlight Caller View Post
    The elephant in the room is the sound quality of QPR. I wonder if they have been able to separate out and remix those unbalanced tracks? I know technology improves all of the time and wonders can be done, however although it looks like a lavish package of historically interesting shows, I would need to know that it is listenable before I parted with any cash.
    This. And if the sound has been addressed, it will be very tempting, "legitimacy" notwithstanding.
    David
    Happy with what I have to be happy with.

My thought as well. What made me laugh is the audio DVD having a Quad mix of QPR. Who the hell would want that? Unless, of course, they have somehow fixed it.

I just don't think it's fixable, not using the original audio, anyway. They could try to sync it up with a better sounding show, which at first was what I thought they were doing on that second DVD. But apparently those are just audio tracks. So it's not clear to me that the QPR video will sound any better than the versions I already have on Panorama. I'll wait and see, and will be pleasantly surprised to be wrong, but I'm not holding my breath.

Bill

Quote Originally Posted by Koreabruce View Post
    Maybe PR people know something I don't know, and maybe I'm an outlier on this, but "sumptuous" is not really a word I want to hear when I am considering making a music purchase...

Mysteriously disappeared from their website.....

Quote Originally Posted by lovecraft View Post
    Mysteriously disappeared from their website.....
    LOL
    I'm holding out for the Wilson-mixed 5.1 super-duper walletbuster special anniversary extra adjectives edition.

It was never there to begin with. I only saw this write-up in the e-mail. When I went to their site, there was only some Roger Dean merch. Perhaps they jumped the gun on their announcement (?)

The elephant in the room is the sound quality of QPR.
    No, not the soudn quality, but rather the mix. Two different things.

The elephant in the room is the sound quality of QPR.

Quote Originally Posted by Sputnik View Post
    My thought as well. What made me laugh is the audio DVD having a Quad mix of QPR. Who the hell would want that? Unless, of course, they have somehow fixed it.

I just don't think it's fixable, not using the original audio, anyway. They could try to sync it up with a better sounding show, which at first was what I thought they were doing on that second DVD. But apparently those are just audio tracks. So it's not clear to me that the QPR video will sound any better than the versions I already have on Panorama. I'll wait and see, and will be pleasantly surprised to be wrong, but I'm not holding my breath.

Bill
    Years back "Tommy Gun" did just that.. I never heard the full results (only samples on his page)..

Mod or rocker? Mocker. Frumious B's Avatar
    You can get the same bootleg sound without the gaudy package for free at yessongs.nl.
    "It was a cruel song, but fair."-Roger Waters

Quote Originally Posted by arturs View Post
    Maybe PR people know something I don't know, and maybe I'm an outlier on this, but "sumptuous" is not really a word I want to hear when I am considering making a music purchase...
    Indeed. I don't see the market for all this other non-musical stuff in these packages.

I know the Boston show well but the New Haven one passed me by, somehow.

Quote Originally Posted by Frumious B View Post
    You can get the same bootleg sound without the gaudy package for free at yessongs.nl.
    Thanks for the reminder of yessongs.nl. Have't dug around there in ages, and just discovered there was a Be The One/That, That Is promo cd with 3:30 versions of the songs. I love finding stuff like that.

Man alive, That, That Is stripped down to it's essence, with the Shirley's Crack Time section removed is the shit I was looking for in a Yes song.
    Last edited by jamesmanzi; 08-01-2021 at 01:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by GuitarGeek View Post
    Was that really worth a post when my full sentence says “ The elephant in the room is the sound quality of QPR, I wonder if they have been able to separate out and remix those unbalanced tracks?”

The eons are closing
    That's GGs MO - half a read

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
    No one plans to take the path that brings you lower

Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    When I bought the expensive bootleg DVDs of this show on Ebay 15 years ago, the song quality and picture were very very poor. Not sure what this one will sound/look like.
    What can this strange device be? When I touch it, it brings forth a sound.

Quote Originally Posted by jamesmanzi View Post
    Thanks for the reminder of yessongs.nl. Have't dug around there in ages, and just discovered there was a Be The One/That, That Is promo cd with 3:30 versions of the songs. I love finding stuff like that.

Man alive, That, That Is stripped down to it's essence, with the Shirley's Crack Time section removed is the shit I was looking for in a Yes song.
    Really ? I couldn't find this on Remy's site. Where is it exactly ?

Quote Originally Posted by AhKin View Post
    Really ? I couldn't find this on Remy's site. Where is it exactly ?
    Alternate Keys To Ascension
    http://www.yessongs.nl/16-SLO.html

Quote Originally Posted by mozo-pg View Post
    When I bought the expensive bootleg DVDs of this show on Ebay 15 years ago, the song quality and picture were very very poor. Not sure what this one will sound/look like.
    Not that I'd buy this but it's probably the same...note there's no mention of a new source. Just an 'up-mix' which implies the opposite, in fact!

I think only one track from this has ever been on an 'official' Yes release- 'Sweet Dreams' on The Word Is Live. I don't remember it sounding different, but that track was in the 'better' half that had been broadcast by the BBC anyway.

My DVDs of this were in CD size cases. The sound problems are well documented but the picture quality was great. Anyone used to watching BBC videotaped drama from the 70s or 80s would have no problem with this.

Quote Originally Posted by godbluff75 View Post
    Thanks for dropping the link. I should've mentioned the stand alone promo that's up there is no longer up there. Kind of disappointing that all the promo singles have been pulled down. If anyone knows of another place to find all the Ladder promos, I love me a good radio cut and would love to track them down.

Mod or rocker? Mocker. Frumious B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by godbluff75 View Post
    Also worth having are the laserdisc audio rip of KTA and the version of the KTA live tracks compiled from the CDs with the fades between tracks pulled from the DVD. Both are great ways to listen to the live tracks in concert order. The laserdisc rip even sounds a little bit more “live” to me as if the songs have less added to them after the fact than the CD release does, but there are a few flaws and dropouts in the laserdisc rip where the other one sounds perfect front to back.
    "It was a cruel song, but fair."-Roger Waters