Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: RIP Robby Steinhardt - Kansas violinist

RIP Robby Steinhardt - Kansas violinist

So sorry to hear he passed away. He was dealing with some pancreatic issues and was on the rebound and then took a turn for the worst.

It is with an extremely heavy broken heart that I have to announce to the world, we have lost one of the most incredible people of our time….

Robby Steinhardt has passed away.

Our final journey started May 13 when Robby was admitted into the hospital with acute pancreatitis. Later that night he went into acute septic shock and was placed on life support. Outlook was very grave as he wasn’t expected to live through the night.

Like the true fighter he is, he managed to spring back much to the amazement of his entire medical staff. Once again he cheated death and the road to recovery had begun.

65 days later, on the day he was to be released from medical care and move to the rehabilitation center to build his strength, his body had other plans. A fever set in, blood pressure became uncontrollable, the sepsis reared it's ugly head again.

The medical staff at Tampa General stabilized him, he greeted me with a smile, open arms and kisses.
    His daughter Becky called. They had a beautiful, happy, conversation together.

6 minutes later as I held him to keep him warm, he died in my arms at 6:30pm Saturday July 17, 2021.

We are beyond devastated as our lives were about to start a new adventure. Robby just recorded his first solo album with the talented music producer Michael Franklin at Solar Studios. A tour to start in August, Robby was so looking forward to being back on stage doing what he loved.

I’ve always tried to share our lives with you but I ask you to please respect this heavy time of grief. I encourage you to share your stories and pictures of Robby on his page.

My only regret is that I can’t share them with him to show him how much he is loved.

Hug your loved ones, be happy, stay safe and be well. -Cindy Steinhart

I'm truly sorry to hear about Kansas' Robbie Steinhardt. RIP.

All Things Must Pass spellbound's Avatar
    Very sorry to hear this devastating news. Rest in peace, Robby.

My complete sympathy to Robby’s family and fans, RIP
    Last edited by Firth; 07-19-2021 at 01:19 PM.
    On the verge of indecision
    I'll always take the roundabout way

RIP. One of the true greats is gone. I feel blessed that I had the opportunity to see Kansas 3x with Robby, the last in 2003.

Very sorry to hear this. Kansas is one of my favorite bands of all time and Robby was a major part of it.

R.I.P.

A small anecdote...many years ago circa the Always Never the Same tour, my band opened for Kansas on their date through our town. While we were getting setup for soundcheck, I had a few minutes to wander around and look at the stage. This gentleman comes up to me and just starts shooting the breeze about the weather, the show, just anything. I didn't really know the members of Kansas by appearance at that point, but it turned out to be Robbie Steinhardt.

We'd opened for other similar national/world-known acts before, and they ranged from "indifferent" to "flat-out jerks" regarding opening bands and the staff in general. I'd never had someone like Robbie be so incredibly friendly, down to earth and genuinely just a good person to me. I was a complete nobody and he still took some time to connect.

I can't say I am the world's biggest fan of Kansas, but I've never really forgotten that moment and have always respected him for showing me how awesome a "big" artist can be.

So kudos for an amazing career and thanks for being my go-to example of a great person. RIP sir.
    If you're actually reading this then chances are you already have my last album but if NOT and you're curious:
    https://battema.bandcamp.com/

Also, Ephemeral Sun: it's a thing and we like making things that might be your thing: http://www.ephemeralsun.com

Very, very sad news. 😢

Banned
    Robby Steinhardt was more than a virtuoso violinist. He was a great singer and an amazing stage guy. It's another great loss for rock music in general. Rest in peace.

Sorry to hear about this. Robby always seemed to be such a positive force and major contributor to the Kansas glory years. RIP.

Neil

Let's at least get his name spelled correctly in his death. It's Robby.

RIP Robby. So sad for his wife. Kansas was an early inspiration during the mid to late 70s. I still crank the live album occasionally.

Wow, so sorry to hear this. I only once got a chance to see Kansas when they toured with Yes in 2000. Robby's stage presence was balanced just right: professional, assured, suitably commanding, yet also deferential to all of the other extraordinary players in Kansas. RIP to a brilliant musician and kind-hearted human being.

So sorry to hear this, been a fan since the late 70's. Being in England I have seen Kansas only once when they came to London in about 2006 (?) - luckily Robbie was with them - it was special to see them at last. RIP Robbie, gone but never forgotten.

Man, that's really sad news.
    This hits a little hard as Kansas was my first big rock concert experience so i've always had a soft spot for those guys.
    IMHO the band has never been the same without him.

RIP
    Last edited by progholio; 07-19-2021 at 11:53 AM.

RIP RS

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow, that sucks. I actually met him once after a Kansas show. He asked me what my name was and shook my hand. A real class act as far as I'm concerned. He was also one of the most important members of the original incarnation of the band(ok, not counting the early "Proto Kaw" version later resurrected by Kerry Livgren) and helped give them their signature sound. A real loss for Kansas fans. RIP Robby.
    Last edited by Digital_Man; 07-19-2021 at 11:40 PM.
    When you list all the qualities that you despise and you realize you're describing yourself.

Sorry to read this and sorry to see him go in such a hard way.
    Steve F.

www.waysidemusic.com
    www.cuneiformrecords.com

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Any time any one speaks to me about any musical project, the one absolute given is "it will not make big money". [tip of the hat to HK]

"Death to false 'support the scene' prog!"

please add 'imo' wherever you like, to avoid offending those easily offended.

RIP Robby, loved seeing you perform.

Heartbreaking story from his wife. I don't know his age, but it had to be too young.

Damn. RIP.

He was the heart and soul of that band, as far as I'm concerned. Not just his violin, but his vocals.

Quote Originally Posted by battema View Post
    A small anecdote...many years ago circa the Always Never the Same tour, my band opened for Kansas on their date through our town. While we were getting setup for soundcheck, I had a few minutes to wander around and look at the stage. This gentleman comes up to me and just starts shooting the breeze about the weather, the show, just anything. I didn't really know the members of Kansas by appearance at that point, but it turned out to be Robbie Steinhardt.

We'd opened for other similar national/world-known acts before, and they ranged from "indifferent" to "flat-out jerks" regarding opening bands and the staff in general. I'd never had someone like Robbie be so incredibly friendly, down to earth and genuinely just a good person to me. I was a complete nobody and he still took some time to connect.

I can't say I am the world's biggest fan of Kansas, but I've never really forgotten that moment and have always respected him for showing me how awesome a "big" artist can be.

So kudos for an amazing career and thanks for being my go-to example of a great person. RIP sir.
    Nice story - thanks. I was a big fan of the classic period of Kansas as a teenager in the eighties, and I always thought it was Robby’s violin that really gave their sound its special character. Anyway I loved the way he played. At the time I remember reading that as a kid he had good prospects of a classical orchestral career, but he just didn’t want to practice that much - which endeared him to me a lot! It’s great to hear that he was just as nice a guy as I would have imagined.
    “your ognna pay pay with my wrath of ballbat”

Bandcamp Profile

Terribly sad. Robby was such a great player.

RIP