Thread: UK Night After Night extended version

UK Night After Night extended version

Has anyone heard if the UK Night After Night extended version might get reissued? Its sold out everywhere and I missed the boat the first time.
    "I want to be someone, who someone would want to be." Marillion

Maybe a better question - anyone got one they are looking to sell??

I haven't been there in a while. Is it available for download on the Eddie Jobson website?
    "Why is it when these great Prog guys get together, they always want to make a Journey album?"
    - fiberman, 7/5/2015

And what is the extent of the extended content?
    Duncan's going to make a Horns Emoticon!!!

Parrots Ripped My Flesh Dave (in MA)'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Just Eric View Post
    18 tracks, as opposed to the original 9.

Edit:

Could have sworn I pasted in this already, I guess not:

(NIght after Night extended version)

Turns out that I was right, but PE won't take that link directly, you have to use the URL= feature with link text or it just gets stripped out.
    Last edited by Dave (in MA); 07-13-2021 at 03:37 PM.

I know that The Only Thing She Needs & Carrying No Cross are on it.

Quote Originally Posted by timmy View Post
    I haven't been there in a while. Is it available for download on the Eddie Jobson website?
    The site is useless. Need to be a subscriber to access and no public store.

Worth every penny if you can get it . Extra tracks superb , got mine in the big boxed set Ultimate Collectors .

Night After Night – Extended is just beautiful. But, yeah, an aftermarket copy is going to set you back...

Parrots Ripped My Flesh Dave (in MA)'s Avatar
    Maybe it's the too-perfect vocals or something, but Night After Night, extended or not, always seemed like a rote performance to me. I prefer the warts-and-all live material from the previous tours, and it's not only because of the absence of BB and AH in the later album.

It is a wonderful package!!

Quote Originally Posted by dropforge View Post
    Night After Night – Extended is just beautiful. But, yeah, an aftermarket copy is going to set you back...
    The moment I saw the secondary market prices, $350 and up, I wrote the check. This baby is going to be worth at least $365 in 5 years. Sorry being a bit facetious, I cannot justify plopping down that amount of money for anything that doesn't include 4 days and 70 bands.
    Duncan's going to make a Horns Emoticon!!!

The moment I saw the secondary market prices, $350 and up, I wrote the check. This baby is going to be worth at least $365 in 5 years. Sorry being a bit facetious, I cannot justify plopping down that amount of money for anything that doesn't include 4 days and 70 bands.
    I wouldn't, either. I bought it upon release because I love that band and I love the original live album.

Same thing happened to the deluxe Tull sets.

I bought the box set when the gettin was good. The extended NAN is a great listen. As far as the "too perfect" vocals - I get it. But the non-album tracks didn't get the same treatment, so at least half of it is a little more "live". Plus in the box, there are several bootlegs, including their final show (Japan '79 I think?). Bozzio's background vox ranged from "OK" to pretty good. Wetton's falsetto parts were sometimes rough or inaudible.

I too would love a copy of this set. The versions on YouTube have been on regular rotation for years now but I would still like to own a copy and actually pay the artists for it. A reissue would be good...
    King Crimson Falkoner Teatret, Copenhagen 23.09.2016
    Roger Waters Palau Sant Jordi, Barcelona 13 & 14.02.2018
    Nick Mason's SOS The Half Moon, London 23.05.2018
    Yes feat ARW The Barbican York, 13.06.2018
    Nick Mason's SOS The Roundhouse 24.09.2018
    Steve Hackett London Palladium 11.10.2018
    Steve Howe The Albany, London 31.10.2018
    Trevor Horn Royal Festival Hall 01.112018
    Fish Islington Assembly, London 07.12.2018
    Steve Hackett Bath Forum 20.11.2019

Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    I own the original box and need to replay it.
    Last edited by mozo-pg; 07-22-2021 at 06:25 PM.
    What can this strange device be? When I touch it, it brings forth a sound (2112)

Quote Originally Posted by gearHed289 View Post
    I bought the box set when the gettin was good. The extended NAN is a great listen. As far as the "too perfect" vocals - I get it. But the non-album tracks didn't get the same treatment, so at least half of it is a little more "live". Plus in the box, there are several bootlegs, including their final show (Japan '79 I think?). Bozzio's background vox ranged from "OK" to pretty good. Wetton's falsetto parts were sometimes rough or inaudible.
    No, Nijmegen, The Netherlands
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ultima..._Final_Concert

I'm a big UK fan and finally got the chance to see Eddie Jobson perform the classic UK songs but unfortunately without John Wetton at Progstock 2018.

So I also have the Box set that is kinda overkill but has the extended NAN which is excellent. And BTW, if it still out there I would recommend the "UK In concert" from a bootleg series that came out a few years back that has a show including Bruford and Allan Holdsworth and sound quality is B+ . Interesting enough, the original band on this CD plays a few songs for Danger Money that had not yet been released. But IMHO NAN is much better even in the trio configuration.

I recently got Eddie Jobson "Four Decades" that is a japanese import (pricey though) which is a Retrospective concert that Eddie gave as a chronicle of his career featuring special appearances by Sonja Kristina (Curved Air), John Wetton (UK) and Aaron Lippert (UKZ Project) playing songs live from all the UK albums, Zappa, Curved Air, Roxy Music, Theme of secrets and The Green album. A true Gem and sound quality is pristine clean. But again, I'm a big fan.
    I may be older but, I saw live: Led Zeppelin, Yes, ELP, Jethro Tull, King Crimson, Fish, Black Sabbath, Deep Purple, Marillion, IQ, UK, Saga, Rush, Supertramp, Pink Floyd, Genesis with Peter Gabriel, Steve Hackett, Triumph, Magma, Goblin, Porcupine Tree, The Musical Box, Uriah Heep, Dio, David Bowie, Iron Maiden, Queen with Freddie Mercury, George Harrison, Paul McCartney, Elton John, Eric Clapton & Steve Winwood, Steely Dan, Dream theater, Joe Satriani, you get the idea..