Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Albums Redone Note-For-Note By Someone Else

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Bails View Post
    Dream Theater's done a few of these. I only have their Dark Side of the Moon, and it's pretty good, but LaBrie's vocals just don't fit at all.
    It fits better on 'Made in Japan'.

Quote Originally Posted by Guitarplyrjvb View Post
    Todd’s decision on Faithful’s side 1 to try and make exact replicas of Beatles and Beach Boys tunes. Why? Just to prove he could?
    I think so.

The 180 G's did Cardiacs ~ Sing to God pretty much note by note - But then completely a cappella
    https://davidminnick1.bandcamp.com/album/singin-to-god

A truly amazing piece of work.

Quote Originally Posted by Garden Dreamer View Post
    Yeah, Manowar did this once with their debut album "Battle Hymns" and maybe one other album. Nothing quite says "we're out of ideas" more than this...
    Exodus as well with their debut "Bonded by Blood" (Let There Be Blood, 2008). A sacrilege though, as the original recording is one of the most iconic thrash metal albums ever.
    Macht das ohr auf!

COSMIC EYE RECORDS

Quote Originally Posted by PeterG View Post
    Wouldn't this include most albums faithfully copied by tribute bands?
    The Analogues released some live-recordings, where they carefully play albums, The Beatles never played live and they go to very great lenghts to make a reproduction, including buying the make of instruments The Beatles used.

Nguyen Le did DSOTM but you might have a hard time recognizing it.
    NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF STUPID PEOPLE IN LARGE GROUPS!

Quote Originally Posted by happytheman View Post
    I don't think I would lump PFM in with these guys they basically released two versions for different language markets..
    Also, they only re-recorded the vocals. Well, they subjected Photos of Ghosts to some remixing as well (at least Pete Sinfield did; a mistake if you ask me).

Quote Originally Posted by Guitarplyrjvb View Post
    Todd’s decision on Faithful’s side 1 to try and make exact replicas of Beatles and Beach Boys tunes. Why? Just to prove he could?
    I think his M.O. was to get more production work, i.e.: “if I can make a version of ‘Good Vibrations’ that sounds just like the original, imagine what I can do for you.” Other than that, Side 1 of Faithful is an exercise in pointlessness. I kind of want Side 2 of Faithful smashed together with Side 1 of Hermit of Mink Hollow, making one excellent album out of two mediocre ones.
    Confirmed Bachelors: the dramedy hit of 1883...