Page 46 of 46 FirstFirst ... 364243444546
Results 1,126 to 1,144 of 1144

Thread: New YES album "The Quest" out 1 Oct

Quote Originally Posted by miamiscot View Post
    I absolutely love "Damaged World." It saves the album for me. Steve's awful vocals actually work with JD coming in and lending a hand. My favorite Yessong since "Homeworld."
    I quite like 'Damaged World' too. Perhaps not my favorite on the album, but up there definitely.

Video now for the Davison/Downes song " A Living Island "

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Roth View Post
    Video now for the Davison/Downes song " A Living Island "

'S OK. I say get Ken Horn back.
    Where Are They Now? Yes news: http://www.bondegezou.co.uk/wh_now.htm
    Blogdegezou, the accompanying blog: http://bondegezou.blogspot.com/

Maybe one day I'll get my record, they asked for my credit card info again, lol

My favourite track on the album. The end section reminds me of the end section of ‘To be over’

I still haven't listened to this one, actually. Heaven & Earth was such a turkey that I resolved not to bother. Some nice use of interweaving/overlapping vocals. Vocals do sound Yes-like despite neither Anderson nor Squire being around. That fast-paced brush drum section is a bit different. Periodically forgot I was listening to a song and then when it was over took half a minute to realize I wasn't listening to music anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Derk View Post
    My favourite track on the album. The end section reminds me of the end section of ‘To be over’
    Yeah I really like this one too. There is a section in the middle (3:17-3:43) that always puts me in mind of Pat Metheny's Last Train Home.

Quote Originally Posted by EBES View Post
    Periodically forgot I was listening to a song and then when it was over took half a minute to realize I wasn't listening to music anymore.
    I can't think of a higher recommendation. Other than, maybe, "It's better than a root canal."

That video is pretty poor, they must have spent all of $5 on it.

The use of mirrors is lazy, only need half or in some cases a quarter of a screen of graphics

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve983 View Post
    That video is pretty poor, they must have spent all of $5 on it.
    Hey, Roger Dean ain’t cheap

Quote Originally Posted by Firth View Post
    Hey, Roger Dean ain’t cheap
    All they did is use the cover and some natural landscapes with some basic effects, it's not much better than a slideshow! Less famous bands put out much better videos than this, BBT for example...

Sent from my SM-J330FN using Tapatalk

Living Island has become my favorite as well. The prettiest song Yes have released since maybe Turn of the Century. Davison shows some true harmonic genius on the interludes, particularly 4:05-4:30.

Although the lyrics for ‘ a living island ‘ were written about the pandemic, they are very appropriate for current events too.

Although the lyrics for ‘ a living island ‘ were written about the pandemic, they are very appropriate for current events too.
    Lol what
    Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

Finally got my vinyl copy, yay!
    Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

Quote Originally Posted by IMWeasel View Post
    Finally got my vinyl copy, yay!
    Congrats! Beautiful cover. Must look great as a glossy 12 " x 12".

I'm late to the party on this one - didn't even realize the album was out until I saw it on the shelf in a local record store a couple weeks ago.

First impression was that "A Living Island" was the only song I really liked. "The Ice Bridge" slowly grew on me. I'm in the camp though that thinks the album kind of dips in the middle - not really getting the love for "Western Edge" or "Future Memories" (kind of funny that that was also the name of a Patrick Moraz album). Not sure why they relegated "Sister Sleeping Soul" to the bonus disc - I think it's stronger than tracks 5, 6, and 7 on the main album. Also not really getting the love for "Damaged World" which they could have left of my copy entirely.

For those that got the version with the Blu-ray disc, be sure to listen to the 5.1 mix and the instrumental mix. Those went a long way towards selling me on the album, particularly the 5.1 mix (lots of layers of things going on that don't really stand out in the stereo mix).

Quote Originally Posted by Ground and Sky's Ghost View Post
    I'm late to the party on this one - didn't even realize the album was out until I saw it on the shelf in a local record store a couple weeks ago.

First impression was that "A Living Island" was the only song I really liked. "The Ice Bridge" slowly grew on me. I'm in the camp though that thinks the album kind of dips in the middle - not really getting the love for "Western Edge" or "Future Memories" (kind of funny that that was also the name of a Patrick Moraz album). Not sure why they relegated "Sister Sleeping Soul" to the bonus disc - I think it's stronger than tracks 5, 6, and 7 on the main album. Also not really getting the love for "Damaged World" which they could have left of my copy entirely.

For those that got the version with the Blu-ray disc, be sure to listen to the 5.1 mix and the instrumental mix. Those went a long way towards selling me on the album, particularly the 5.1 mix (lots of layers of things going on that don't really stand out in the stereo mix).

I have a more favorable feeling about the album, but I do agree with your third paragraph. The 5.1 mix is excellent.