Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: How Are You Post-Vax?

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Bails View Post
    However, I still wear a mask when I go to a store, etc., as it never really bother me much in the first place, and you can never be too safe.
    They're telling us in California that we no longer need to bother with a mask when we're outdoors. So yesterday I stepped out for a newspaper without my mask and it felt like I had forgotten to put on a shirt.
    Hurtleturtled Out of Heaven - an electronic music composition, on CD and vinyl
    https://michaelpdawson.bandcamp.com
    http://www.waysidemusic.com/Music-Pr...MCD-spc-7.aspx

Ember
    My wife and I were Pfizered back in March. We have had no ill-effects of any kind, despite being in generally poor health otherwise, and now being 70ish. We will be traveling to visit our son, finally, next month, and meanwhile we shop and eat in restaurants and even plan to go to some concerts.

Our experience is the one to expect. Problems with these vaccines aren’t counted in percentages. There would be too many zeroes after the decimal. They are counted in individuals. Millions of shots. Tens of problems.

More people have worse reactions to the immunizations they make you take to travel to the tropics. More people have worse reactions to riding in cars (a far higher rate of injury or death). More people have worse reactions to going to sleep at night (some of them don’t wake up).
    "I have not yet begun to procrastinate."

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Triscuits View Post
    They're telling us in California that we no longer need to bother with a mask when we're outdoors. So yesterday I stepped out for a newspaper without my mask and it felt like I had forgotten to put on a shirt.
    I’m in the Bay Area. I’ve been going maskless outdoors since the CDC said it was ok. I’ve played outdoors twice with no mask with more gigs on the way.
    No effects when I got both shots other than a sore arm and a big smile on my face. No side effects since then.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I never wore one when I was outdoors, as the science said it was unnecessary. But I tried to keep my distance.

Most of these measures just come down to common decency and respect for others. I'm in no hurry to lose any of that.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Quote Originally Posted by adap2it View Post
    Being 80+, vaccinations have been a part of my life and never really understood the negativity surrounding them.
    I was a little kid when the Sabin polio vaccine came out. I remember standing in line with my mother to get it, and I was so relieved when it turned out to be not a shot, but just a little cup of sugar water.
    Hurtleturtled Out of Heaven - an electronic music composition, on CD and vinyl
    https://michaelpdawson.bandcamp.com
    http://www.waysidemusic.com/Music-Pr...MCD-spc-7.aspx

Parrots Ripped My Flesh Dave (in MA)'s Avatar
    I had my second shot of Moderna three weeks ago. It turned me into a newt, but I got better.
    Hey! That's what I was telling people, except "you got better" was the usual reply and I didn't have to mention that part.

I got the J&J vaccine on the Sunday before they temporarily shut it down. The first couple of days, I was fine. Then I had some tiredness and some abdominal pain. That cleared up by the end of the week, and I've been 100% fine ever since.

I really had no hesitation getting the vaccine, and I was not disturbed in the least by the incredibly rare condition that caused them to put the J&J on pause for a while. The chances of me having a severely adverse reaction to the vaccine are far outweighed by the potential consequences of getting COVID, which are small, but many times higher than any downside to the vaccine. I'd hope anyone who was still on the fence about it would see by now the risks are virtually zero, and the upside tremendous.

Bill

Parrots Ripped My Flesh Dave (in MA)'s Avatar
    I also think I might have had covid19 in late Jan/early Feb of 2020. Either that, or the worst flu I've ever had (despite having gotten the flu shot a few months prior), but my doctor showed no interest in testing to find out, saying there were a lot of false positives.

I had a really bad cough for about 3 weeks, and I would get out of breath going up the stairs to my office once I went back to work. IIRC I took 2 days off the last week of January and just kept my office door shut and avoided everybody after I went back to work.
    One weird thing I noticed was when I'd have my worst coughing spells, for about minute afterwards I could see perfectly without glasses on, and I've required readers since about 2005.

I never wore one when I was outdoors, as the science said it was unnecessary. But I tried to keep my distance.

Most of these measures just come down to common decency and respect for others. I'm in no hurry to lose any of that.
    I never wore one outdoor either for the same reason as you. In Michigan masks are no longer required if vaccinated indoors or out, but individual businesses can set their own rules, so I follow whatever they have in place. Of course Airports, and hospitals still require masks. We flew to a wedding in Alabama last week and wore our masks in the airports and on the planes. No big deal.

On July 1 Michigan is supposed to go back to "normal" with no COVID requirments at all and full capacity in restaurants, sporting arenas or anyplace. At this point I am comfortable with that.

H'mmm. What I'm feeling weeks after my vax?

Relief that I can go and visit family and friends, and travel. Relief from fear that someone in my family would get it. (Actually, my father's last living brother did get it, and died of it; but I hadn't seen or heard from him in over 40 years.)

I haven't been terribly afraid of getting it myself - which is weird, because I'm in two high-risk groups. But losing even that little bit of fear makes me happier. (Yes, I know that the vaccine I got was only 94.1% effective. But .059 * .02 is .0011 and some digits, so I now have about a 1 in 1000 chance of dying if I do come into contact with the virus.)

Finally, I feel that I've done the responsible thing to help prevent my spreading it to others, and that makes me feel satisfied.
    Cobra handling and cocaine use are a bad mix.

éí 'aaníígÓÓ 'áhoot'é Don Arnold's Avatar
    I had the Pfizer shot mid-April, and apart from a slight soreness in the vaccinated area, I felt fine, and still do. My second shot is scheduled for June 28. I had no hesitancy in taking the vaccination plunge, but I understand how some feel wary or uncertain.

Got me second dose about 6 weeks ago. Starting at about 18 hours after that 2nd shot I woke up with body ache (felt like I got pushed down a flight of stairs). That lasted for about 8-10 hours & have had no adverse reactions since. Pretty much everyone I know has gotten it and has been fine.

I'm totally vaccinated now and I'm doing good. Unfortunately, there are some adament anti vaxxers in the apartment building I live in. I seriously don't get it. They don't wear masks in public either probably since they can just fake being vaccinated and nobody will know the difference. Although things look good at this point, there is a new variant on the way and the anti vaxxers are just making this more difficult not only for themselves but for everyone else too. Sigh.
    Do not suffer through the game of chance that plays....always doors to lock away your dreams (To Be Over)

All Things Must Pass spellbound's Avatar
    Got my second dose of moderna in April and have felt great ever since. It is a confidence booster when I am out in public, knowing I have been vaccinated. Still careful. No longer paranoid.

I was fully vax'ed by mid April, and other than the expected day+ of rundown crappiness, no problems.

However, this is the key, imo:

Quote Originally Posted by Zeuhlmate View Post
    The (Indian) Delta version coming to Denmark now, is different from previous 'releases'.
    Different symtoms and responding differently to vaccines.
    We need to prevent additional strains from popping up, and eventually having one that breaks thru the vaccine. That would potentially risk putting as back to square one - which would SUCK SO FUCKING MUCH !!!

And the best way to prevent that is for EVERYONE to get vax'ed.

Just announced yesterday that Michigan will fully open back up next Thursday with no restrictions on anything. Our vaccination rate here is expected to be over 70% by then.

I've been having a problem with keys sticking to me magnetically. What makes it more concerning is the brass from which keys are made is a non-magnetic metal. Now excuse me while I change my foil hat.
    "Well my son, life is like a beanstalk, isn't it?"--Dalai Lama

Subterranean Tapir Hobo Chang Ba's Avatar
    There have been some excellent points here, most importantly getting vaccinated to protect the community at large and stop the evolution of variants.

I've been fully vaccinated for a month and a half and feel fine (physically) and relief (mentally). As for side effects of the shot itself, I only had a mildly sore arm for one day after the first shot and two days after the second. Almost everyone in my social circle and family had the same minimal side effects immediately following and none are displaying any sort of lingering issues.

In short, please do get the vaccine.
    Please don't ask questions, just use google.

Never let good music get in the way of making a profit.

I'm only here to reglaze my bathtub.

Subterranean Tapir Hobo Chang Ba's Avatar

You sir are in the wrong species.
    Please don't ask questions, just use google.

Never let good music get in the way of making a profit.

I'm only here to reglaze my bathtub.

They're starting to vaccinate everyone above 18 here in Italy, so I managed to get my first Pfizer shot here this week even as a non-resident—something that I could only get in Brazil in the end of 2022, considering I'm 27.

My arm got sore for 24h, which is to be expected. The biggest side effect was getting heavily emotional because I lost so many friends and family members back in Brazil, and people I know keep dropping dead.
    bassist in Papangu, a zeuhl metal band from Brazil https://papangu.bandcamp.com/album/holoceno

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    My arm got sore for 24h, which is to be expected. The biggest side effect was getting heavily emotional because I lost so many friends and family members back in Brazil, and people I know keep dropping dead.
    my sincere condolences and I am glad that you got the vaxx.
    Steve F.

www.waysidemusic.com
    www.cuneiformrecords.com

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

“Remember, if it doesn't say "Cuneiform," it's not prog!” - THE Jed Levin

Any time any one speaks to me about any musical project, the one absolute given is "it will not make big money". [tip of the hat to HK]

"Death to false 'support the scene' prog!"

please add 'imo' wherever you like, to avoid offending those easily offended.

After two doses of AZ, the last three weeks ago, I feel 100% fine, I had no reaction to either shot. I know of family members who felt a bit crappy for a day, but that’s the totality of issues I’ve personally encountered. Everybody in my peer group is jabbed and now my kids are starting to get theirs too, without effects.

Mentally it’s great as it’s opened us up to a bit of real life again, I’m no longer fearful, and we have the Delta variant at large at present. Some experts are saying the third wave is upon us, and so it’s even more vital we get as many immunised as possible, or else precious won liberties will soon be taken away.

the GF and I have both had our second shotof Pfizer some two weeks ago, and no side-effects.

From what I know from acquaintaces & colleagues, no-one has had any symptoms, whether Pfizer (I'd say 85% of them) or Moderna (10%) or Zeneca (5%). Some people fekt like they'd been punched in the shoulder, but that's about it.

Belgium has gone from being last of the pack in Europe to head of the pack in a few weeks, despite having a good minority of anti-vaxers.

It looks like many are just taking it to be able to travel (having the passport) for the holidays period.
    my music collection increased tenfolds when I switched from drug-addicts to complete nutcases.

Quote Originally Posted by Hobo Chang Ba View Post
    You sir are in the wrong species.
    Had the pandemic hit as recently as 20 years ago, wearing masks and getting vaccinated would be a no brainer for everyone. Humanity has taken a dark turn in the past couple of decades. The exact reasons would be beyond the rules of this forum, so I won't go there.
    "Well my son, life is like a beanstalk, isn't it?"--Dalai Lama

Quote Originally Posted by progmatist View Post
    Had the pandemic hit as recently as 20 years ago, wearing masks and getting vaccinated would be a no brainer for everyone. Humanity has taken a dark turn in the past couple of decades. The exact reasons would be beyond the rules of this forum, so I won't go there.
    I think you're always going to have a certain segment of the population who doesn't agree with what the mainstream says. Is it worse today? Quite possibly. As you say any further discussion is outside the rules here.

I've noticed that most places are starting to get very lax which could be a good thing. Not hospitals though. I'm having surgery this coming Monday and they won't even let my brother stay in the hospital once they take me to the OR(apparently because of covid). We'll both have to wear masks. I can understand them taking precautions and a lot of that is because of the hospital environment. I have kept my mask on in public most of the time anyway, despite having had both vaccinations already, mainly because of my upcoming surgery. They tested me the other day for covid and of couse I don't have it but they have their protocols and so I won't question them.
    Do not suffer through the game of chance that plays....always doors to lock away your dreams (To Be Over)