Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: How Are You Post-Vax?

Good luck with the surgery!

Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    What can this strange device be? When I touch it, it brings forth a sound (2112)

Quote Originally Posted by Steve F. View Post
    ^ ^ ^ ^ ^

I had a small amount of negative physical effects from the vaxx and a large amount of positive mental effect from HAVING and KNOWING that I had the vaxx.

It's also allowed me to start doing (strictly outdoor) social activities with a great amount of personal / mental comfort.

Well worth it. IMO.

Perfect!

Quote Originally Posted by Sean View Post
    Good luck with the surgery!
    Thanks.
    Do not suffer through the game of chance that plays....always doors to lock away your dreams (To Be Over)

Quote Originally Posted by Trane View Post
    the GF and I have both had our second shotof Pfizer some two weeks ago, and no side-effects.

From what I know from acquaintaces & colleagues, no-one has had any symptoms, whether Pfizer (I'd say 85% of them) or Moderna (10%) or Zeneca (5%). Some people fekt like they'd been punched in the shoulder, but that's about it.

Belgium has gone from being last of the pack in Europe to head of the pack in a few weeks, despite having a good minority of anti-vaxers.

It looks like many are just taking it to be able to travel (having the passport) for the holidays period.
    Not sure if you know this or not, but the Pfizer plant in Puurs Belgium is one of the facilities where the vaccine is being made.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Triscuits View Post
    I had my second shot of Moderna three weeks ago. It turned me into a newt, but I got better.
    Good thing a witch wasn't handy, or you might have been boiled.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Triscuits View Post
    They're telling us in California that we no longer need to bother with a mask when we're outdoors. So yesterday I stepped out for a newspaper without my mask and it felt like I had forgotten to put on a shirt.
    Good thing it wasn't underwear.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    They're starting to vaccinate everyone above 18 here in Italy, so I managed to get my first Pfizer shot here this week even as a non-resident—something that I could only get in Brazil in the end of 2022, considering I'm 27.

My arm got sore for 24h, which is to be expected. The biggest side effect was getting heavily emotional because I lost so many friends and family members back in Brazil, and people I know keep dropping dead.
    Wow, Marco. Much sadness, and wishes for better for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Digital_Man View Post
    I think you're always going to have a certain segment of the population who doesn't agree with what the mainstream says. Is it worse today? Quite possibly.
    https://www.amazon.com/Death-Experti...xt=Tom+Nichols

People who mention the 98% survival rate never mention of the people who survive, many have long-standing effects from the virus.

I have read some articles about vaccinated as opposed to unvaccinated on rates of contracting the virus and hospitalizations. The Washington Post has analyzed who is still getting the virus and while the rates in general are going down, it is all in the vaccinated category. The rate of positive cases is the same or higher in the people who are unvaccinated as they are likely to hang around with like-minded people and spread the virus amongst themselves.
    The other thing I read concerns hospitalization rates. I can't remember the source, probably one of the local papers here in the Seattle area, so you'll have to decide if you trust my memory on this. The article said that of the people hospitalized in King County(Seattle) due to COVID, 97% were unvaccinated.

Our second shots were on April 1 and the only side effects were a sore arm and a massive wave of relief. My spouse is a very anxious person and in this pandemic she's been turned to 11 on the anxiety amplifier dial. This brought it down to about 7, which is the norm. She still wears a mask in public but I let it slip a few more times than she does. She still watches cable news and they hit the panic button about the new variants HARD.
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

Quote Originally Posted by tdotdo View Post
    People who mention the 98% survival rate never mention of the people who survive, many have long-standing effects from the virus.

I have read some articles about vaccinated as opposed to unvaccinated on rates of contracting the virus and hospitalizations. The Washington Post has analyzed who is still getting the virus and while the rates in general are going down, it is all in the vaccinated category. The rate of positive cases is the same or higher in the people who are unvaccinated as they are likely to hang around with like-minded people and spread the virus amongst themselves.
    The other thing I read concerns hospitalization rates. I can't remember the source, probably one of the local papers here in the Seattle area, so you'll have to decide if you trust my memory on this. The article said that of the people hospitalized in King County(Seattle) due to COVID, 97% were unvaccinated.
    The new Delta variant may well lower that survival rate. It's created havoc in India, where it originated.
    "Well my son, life is like a beanstalk, isn't it?"--Dalai Lama

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    The biggest side effect was getting heavily emotional because I lost so many friends and family members back in Brazil, and people I know keep dropping dead.
    So sorry to hear this, Marco. Glad to hear that you were able to be vaccinated.

Quote Originally Posted by Digital_Man View Post
    I'm having surgery this coming Monday and they won't even let my brother stay in the hospital once they take me to the OR(apparently because of covid). We'll both have to wear masks. I can understand them taking precautions and a lot of that is because of the hospital environment. I have kept my mask on in public most of the time anyway, despite having had both vaccinations already, mainly because of my upcoming surgery. They tested me the other day for covid and of couse I don't have it but they have their protocols and so I won't question them.
    Best of luck with the surgery, Mike!
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

I'm getting my second shot this Friday! Looking forward to it. My wife got her second shot today.
    Last edited by mozo-pg; 06-21-2021 at 07:23 PM.
    What can this strange device be? When I touch it, it brings forth a sound (2112)

Is it my imagination or are these conspiracy types consistently wrong? They sure don't mind goalposts getting moved.
    It's not your imagination. There's a reason they're consistently wrong. And the Internet gives a platform to many of these people to spread harmful misinformation.

I watched to the point where he started calling the promotion of mask-wearing for the sake of protecting others "propaganda". Wearing a mask is such a minor inconvenience for most people, and if it helps to keep other people safe from a virus that could possibly kill them, why fight against that? If a person is allergic to vaccines or otherwise can't have them for medical reasons, I understand that. But mask-wearing has the potential to save lives, and that should be enough reason to wear one I would think.

The majority of the people I know -- family, friends, and coworkers -- have gotten the vaccine by now, and none of them have had any side-effects beyond feeling sick for a couple of days at the most. They're all fine.

Of course I would never tell you what to do, Sean. It's your decision whether or not to get the vaccine. Speaking as someone who has gotten to know you a bit over the years, and who likes you, I am concerned about your well-being and I want you to be as safe as possible from the virus.

I don't mind the idea of this vax, if it's all they hope it will be. I have friends that have had it and and I have others that have not. The ones that did seem fine, but there's almost a push from them to "get it" and I have issues with doing something because someone else wants me to, rather than me feeling I need/want to do it for my own reasons. Especially something that isn't even officially 'approved'. This isn't a decision you make causally. I'll probably be OK, but who knows? And if I've been fine about avoiding something that has a 98% survival rate wouldn't I continue to? I take the proper precautions. I am no conspiracy thinker, at all. In fact I am very skeptical of those types of people. Though I take some comfort in noticing that they are consistently wrong about most everything they worry about.
    I avoided answering at first the issue of conspirationists, because it's the perfect highway to lead on the frontier of politics & religion issue, which we don't want here on site.

It may sound like Europe is less prone to these conspirationists (which is absolute BS), but they've certainly been quite vocal about the vax, thus creating a language anomaly where in the French-speaking world, where +/- 40% of the people were dead-set against the Vax, quite open to the views that the so-called "Big-Pharma" plot conglomerates were to instill nano-technologies into us to control and spy the crowds better. This was of course turned into ridicule with the pro-vaxers claiming that we would be the perfect reception antenna for the upcoming 5G technologies.
    Of course , the anti-vaxers were not amused and found new arguments (like 10 months to create an effective vaccine is impossible), countered by the explanations that the research had started with the Birds-flu in 2006 and other SARS, H1N9 (etc.) crisis/scares of the last 15 years. So the anti-vaxers came up with new reasons to be against it , again denied.
    As I said in my previous post, a lot of soft anti-vaxers are going with it, since there hasn't been a world-wide pfizer/zenaca pandemy , but most will say that it is to be able to travel to take holidays in the coming months.

Thing is that if most of them conspirationists are the usual suspect flat-earthers idiots, there are surprisingly some normally intelligent people abounding in the anti-vax camp - including my current mistress and my hopeful next regular one. I generally avoid the subject with them or else it will lead to arguments and kill all hope and will of sex for the day. Both are not bothered to be fucking with a vaxed-up male, though.

.... which brings me to another chapter: An official (remains to see of serious or scientific) study has shown (very surprisingly to me) that women 50% are more prone to conspirations than men are. This study shows that +/- 15% of adult males are permeable to conspiration theories, but for women , this goes to 30% in some parts. I would've never expected that.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveSly View Post
    Not sure if you know this or not, but the Pfizer plant in Puurs Belgium is one of the facilities where the vaccine is being made.
    Yesss, a great case or deal was made out of this in the news, but the proximity of the vax manufacturing hasn't really profited to the country, because of the emergency-prioritization of urgent cases across Europe and even the world. Some direct neighbors of the plant even protested and were outraged about the first two or three millions going to overseas (including Israel & UK) , when their parents were hospitalized.

FTM, some studies show that the fact that the Pfizer vax was manufactured here actually provoked the slow vaccination start - a bit of a myth, because the country's political system has it that we have 9 health minister (that's actually two more than I knew about) that could play the same piece.

Quote Originally Posted by aith01 View Post
    It's not your imagination. There's a reason they're consistently wrong. And the Internet gives a platform to many of these people to spread harmful misinformation.

I watched to the point where he started calling the promotion of mask-wearing for the sake of protecting others "propaganda". Wearing a mask is such a minor inconvenience for most people, and if it helps to keep other people safe from a virus that could possibly kill them, why fight against that? If a person is allergic to vaccines or otherwise can't have them for medical reasons, I understand that. But mask-wearing has the potential to save lives, and that should be enough reason to wear one I would think.
    Yes, internet has certainly led a lot of them to discover they had a brain when joining forums or social networks, unfortunately they weren't given an instruction manual.

A french humorist (Coluche) once said: Ce n'est pas parce qu'on a rien ŕ dire, qu'il faut fermer sa gueule... Which translate into something like: it's not because you have nothing (intelligent) to say that you should shut your trap.

This particularly applies to the silent majority gone very vocal in the last 15 years. It seems the old wisdom to twist your tongue in your mouth seven times, before saying something is now a thing of the past.
    Last edited by Trane; 06-22-2021 at 05:53 AM.
    my music collection increased tenfolds when I switched from drug-addicts to complete nutcases.

I am 21st century pen pals with a musician in Iran named Ehsan Sadigh, who leads a very excellent 'new music' ensemble, Quartet Diminished.

If you want to hear some of their music, you should go here:

https://quartetdiminished.bandcamp.com/

He told me this morning that he and his wife have gotten the vaccine and he said, "Now I can understand how beautiful is sitting on the park bench drinking coffee and socializing."

He said my feelings about being post vaxx even better than I did.
    Steve F.

www.waysidemusic.com
    www.cuneiformrecords.com

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

“Remember, if it doesn't say "Cuneiform," it's not prog!” - THE Jed Levin

Any time any one speaks to me about any musical project, the one absolute given is "it will not make big money". [tip of the hat to HK]

"Death to false 'support the scene' prog!"

please add 'imo' wherever you like, to avoid offending those easily offended.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve F. View Post

He told me this morning that he and his wife have gotten the vaccine and he said, "Now I can understand how beautiful is sitting on the park bench drinking coffee and socializing."

He said my feelings about being post vaxx even better than I did.
    Yes, we took some of life's simple pleasures for granted. Hopefully we learned some things from this.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Quote Originally Posted by Trane View Post

Yesss, a great case or deal was made out of this in the news, but the proximity of the vax manufacturing hasn't really profited to the country, because of the emergency-prioritization of urgent cases across Europe and even the world. Some direct neighbors of the plant even protested and were outraged about the first two or three millions going to overseas (including Israel & UK) , when their parents were hospitalized.

FTM, some studies show that the fact that the Pfizer vax was manufactured here actually provoked the slow vaccination start - a bit of a myth, because the country's political system has it that we have 9 health minister (that's actually two more than I knew about) that could play the same piece.
    (
    Actually, the exact same thing happened here in Kalamazoo / Portage. When vaccine distribution first started, it was being distributed to other parts of the country, but not so much here on own area. Kalamazoo county was not able to get vaccines that were being made here in town. That eventually changed over time, but it was quite the controversy when the vaccine first came out.

The reason why this happened is because Pfizer’s main distribution center is in Memphis Tennessee, so most drugs made here in Kalamazoo get shipped to Memphis to be distributed to other parts of the country and the world. I am not sure where the European distribution center is, but it is probably a similar situation.

I was really hoping during my career that I would get the chance to visit the Puurs site at some point, but it never happened. The Puurs manufacturing plant is like the one here in Kalamazoo / Portage and we mostly make the same injectable drugs. I thought I was going to get the chance to go once, but it never materialized unfortunately.

I got the J&J shot back in early May and other than feeling fatigued the following day it's had no other negative effects on my physical well being. I'm more concerned about the other precautions being tossed so quickly while there is no way to verify whether others have been vaccinated or may be carrying the virus. It's like we all woke up one morning a month ago and decided the pandemic was over with.

Had both Astra Zeneca doses...

Apart from some fatigue and a minor dizzyness that lasted for 24 hours, everything's OK.
    Macht das ohr auf!

COSMIC EYE RECORDS

Sean,

I'm curious if the responses you have received have helped you reach a decision, and if so, what it was...

Ken

I did have a slight, rather odd side effect. For a few days after my second Moderna dose, I had some pretty strange dreams. Maybe it was my brain syncing with the Microsoft server.
    "Well my son, life is like a beanstalk, isn't it?"--Dalai Lama

Got my second shot of Moderna end May

Both shots I had very bad "mornings after", weak, chills, fever etc, like a bad flu

Those were the only effects and they didn't last more than just part of the day after

My bride is a nurse and insisted so I went ahead

If it was me, I'd make sure you didn't have antibodies by getting tested for the virus first, and if you did I wouldn't get the shot as my feeling is that you'd already have immunity equal to the shot, but if you haven't been exposed, I'd go ahead and get it

Just my take

My wife had a fever today from her shot on Monday. Just took some advil and this seemed to help.