Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PROGDAY 2021 update

PROGDAY 2021 update

I just saw this posted on Facebook, by Michael:

"Hello to all of our attendees. I hope that everyone has managed to stay safe and well.
    I don’t like to post news until I have something concrete to pass along, but I know that there are many people wondering what is going on with ProgDay and whether we will get back to producing a live physical event this year.
    At the moment the intention is to have the physical event. However the festival has unexpectedly been blindsided by some rather significant obstacles. I am working to resolve these issues, but currently things are still developing and I have nothing definite that I can announce.
    As soon as I know what is going to happen, I will post it on the ProgDay News page. Please check back later for more information.
    Thanks!
    Michael
    P.S. As usual, we will leave the information for last year's event up on the site until the information for the next event is ready."

Neil

If you're actually reading this then chances are you already have my last album but if NOT and you're curious:
    https://battema.bandcamp.com/

Also, Ephemeral Sun: it's a thing and we like making things that might be your thing: https://ephemeralsun.bandcamp.com

Good info, Neil. Thank you for sharing.
    WANTED: Sig-worthy quote.

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Bated breath
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

I saw someone post in a prog chat room yesterday that it will be a virtual festival like last time. We'll see.
    Do not suffer through the game of chance that plays....always doors to lock away your dreams (To Be Over)

Quote Originally Posted by Digital_Man View Post
    I saw someone post in a prog chat room yesterday that it will be a virtual festival like last time. We'll see.
    I saw someone post in a prog chat room the day before yesterday that what the person that you saw was going to post was going to be a pack of lies.

WHICH ANONYMOUS PERSON POSTING ON A PROG CHAT ROOM DO WE BELIEVE? .
    Last edited by Steve F.; 06-12-2021 at 02:30 PM.
    Steve F.

www.waysidemusic.com
    www.cuneiformrecords.com

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

“Remember, if it doesn't say "Cuneiform," it's not prog!” - THE Jed Levin

Any time any one speaks to me about any musical project, the one absolute given is "it will not make big money". [tip of the hat to HK]

"Death to false 'support the scene' prog!"

please add 'imo' wherever you like, to avoid offending those easily offended.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve F. View Post
    I saw someone post in a prog chat room the day before yesterday that what the person that you saw was going to post was going to be a pack of lies.

WHICH ANONYMOUS PERSON POSTING ON A PROG CHAT ROOM DO WE BELIEVE? .
    The one that fits my personal world view?
    Ian

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Will you be blindsided by the Truth?
    "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."
    -- Aristotle
    Nostalgia, you know, ain't what it used to be. Furthermore, they tells me, it never was.
    “A Man Who Does Not Read Has No Appreciable Advantage Over the Man Who Cannot Read” - Mark Twain

I'm going to guess that the Storybook venue is closed. or sold.

aaaiiieeee.......

Don't immediately jump to the worst conclusion. I don't know know what is going on either, but speaking as a person who has to survive daily on hope and positive thoughts, please try to do that instead. Not only will it make you feel better, you will be sending energy out into the universe that could even affect the outcome! I didn't used to believe any of that kind of stuff either, but l would be dead now if l didn't. And nothing Michael said spelled out any impending doom, so l am choosing to believe everything will turn out ok!!

Quote Originally Posted by veteranof1000psychicwars View Post
    Don't immediately jump to the worst conclusion. I don't know know what is going on either, but speaking as a person who has to survive daily on hope and positive thoughts, please try to do that instead. Not only will it make you feel better, you will be sending energy out into the universe that could even affect the outcome! I didn't used to believe any of that kind of stuff either, but l would be dead now if l didn't. And nothing Michael said spelled out any impending doom, so l am choosing to believe everything will turn out ok!!
    What he said!
    Lou

Looking forward to my day in court.

Quote Originally Posted by vndrgrf View Post
    I'm going to guess that the Storybook venue is closed. or sold.

aaaiiieeee.......
    Property records show that it sold in January 2020 (at a price that makes me regret that I didn't know it was on the market). I'm sure that Michael is negotiating with the new owner as well as looking at other options. Don't panic.

Quote Originally Posted by DrGoon View Post
    Property records show that it sold in January 2020 (at a price that makes me regret that I didn't know it was on the market). I'm sure that Michael is negotiating with the new owner as well as looking at other options. Don't panic.
    We were aware in 2019 that the farm had new owners...the word was that they would still be open to Progday. Unfortunately, they would be the same for other music festivals too, which IMO, was not a good idea as it's doubtful that the level of responsible fans that prog delivers, would be very hard to find in other genre's except possibly folk.
    Dave Sr.

I prefer Nature to Human Nature

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Too bad the Comfort Inn doesn't have a ballroom!

Quote Originally Posted by adap2it View Post
    We were aware in 2019 that the farm had new owners...the word was that they would still be open to Progday. Unfortunately, they would be the same for other music festivals too, which IMO, was not a good idea as it's doubtful that the level of responsible fans that prog delivers, would be very hard to find in other genre's except possibly folk.
    Ha! I'm curious which genre has the worst fans?
    Duncan's going to make a Horns Emoticon!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Just Eric View Post
    Ha! I'm curious which genre has the worst fans?
    The one that you personally like the least. OBVIOUSLY!
    Steve F.

www.waysidemusic.com
    www.cuneiformrecords.com

Any time any one speaks to me about any musical project, the one absolute given is "it will not make big money". [tip of the hat to HK]

Those big band jazz fans are all about trashing places. Must be the Reefer Madness.
    "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."
    -- Aristotle
    Nostalgia, you know, ain't what it used to be. Furthermore, they tells me, it never was.
    “A Man Who Does Not Read Has No Appreciable Advantage Over the Man Who Cannot Read” - Mark Twain

Clearly the classical, they make you sit there quietly not talking over any of the performances. (Steve )
    Ian

Quote Originally Posted by NogbadTheBad View Post
    Clearly the classical, they make you sit there quietly not talking over any of the performances. (Steve )
    Steve F.

www.waysidemusic.com
    www.cuneiformrecords.com

I remember hearing about a fight breaking out at a classical performance about 9 or 10 years ago or so. I'm pretty sure it was this one: https://961thebreeze.com/fist-fight-...music-concert/
    Do not suffer through the game of chance that plays....always doors to lock away your dreams (To Be Over)

Quote Originally Posted by Digital_Man View Post
    I remember hearing about a fight breaking out at a classical performance about 9 or 10 years ago or so. I'm pretty sure it was this one: https://961thebreeze.com/fist-fight-...music-concert/
    I actually got into classical music because of the fights.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick L. View Post
    I actually got into classical music because of the fights.
    I stopped watching hockey because the fights just weren't as violent.
    NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF STUPID PEOPLE IN LARGE GROUPS!

Quote Originally Posted by NogbadTheBad View Post
    30 years ago I walked out of a Liszt performance, during the performance. I couldn't take it ( still can't ).
    I had the squeakiest shoes in the world in a very reverberant space ( National Gallery in DC ).
    It was a while before I came back for another show there.
    -- Aristotle

Banned
    I’ve heard nothing yet, not that I would be in the know.

Quote Originally Posted by markwoll View Post
    30 years ago I walked out of a Liszt performance, during the performance. I couldn't take it ( still can't ).
    I had the squeakiest shoes in the world in a very reverberant space ( National Gallery in DC ).
    It was a while before I came back for another show there.
    They could hear you over the coughing?