Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Euro 2020 tournament

Quote Originally Posted by adap2it View Post
    it's a winning strip!
    How I wish Scotland could wear one of those!

Wales were excellent today, & should have won by more.

I watched Ethan Ampadu as a gangly 16 year old playing for Exeter City. It was a shame Ollie Watkins didn't quite make the England squad. To have had two players in the Euros who graduated from our Academy (we're in the lowest of the top four tiers of English football) would have been an astonishing outcome.

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Very good play by Wales, Bales was excellent apart from the shockingly bad penalty.
    Ian

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Quote Originally Posted by NogbadTheBad View Post
    France or Belgium for me. Next level is Germany, Italy, Portugal, Spain, England but they all have flaws. Dark horse for me would be Netherlands
    +1.

Italia is looking great at the moment.

Locatelli Pecorino Romano!! Ooooohhhh!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by chalkpie View Post
    +1.

Italia is looking great at the moment.
    Indeed they do, though they always have a meltdown in a knockout game in them.
    Ian

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Watching the battle of Brittain now.

Go Scotland!

Watching ENG v SCO at Fat Head's in North Olmsted. Go ENG, and keep the IBUsive flowing! Will soon order fish & chips, to build the Old Blighty ambience.

Quote Originally Posted by thedunno View Post
    Watching the battle of Brittain now.

Go Scotland!
    Intense game and Scotland put up a great fight. England was a bit disappointing. You would expect a bit more from players like Sterling and Kane.

Aaaand...all the sisters are getting kissed.

England were poor, Scotland played well.
    Ian

Southgate dosnt know how to change a game! Very poor performance!

Scotland did great. Superb performances from Billy Gilmour and John McGinn among others. One more chance. As usual.

Quote Originally Posted by Rufus View Post
    Southgate dosnt know how to change a game! Very poor performance!
    I agree with you. Thankfully, though, he didn't resort to getting Harry Maguire on at the end and hoping he would score with a header, with the rest of the team reduced to launching long balls into the box. Variations of this tactic were used by most former England managers
    'There are no certain answers and no time to understand / The goal's a changing paradise, a moment out of date'

England were poor, Scotland played well.
    Pithy. And spot on.

In our own hands now. Nothing to fear against Croatia...other than our fear of the back of the net.

Quote Originally Posted by per anporth View Post
    Pithy. And spot on.

In our own hands now. Nothing to fear against Croatia...other than our fear of the back of the net.
    Yup, after years of being a poor team , I really hope the Scots are on the brink of building something big.

I' ll prefer the Celtics over the Rangers any day or century, but I must admit that the Rangers would've probably given the Citizens a run for their money if they'd played in the premier league.

================

TBH, I was surprised they (Scotland) even qualified at all, but then again, with the "new Euro" formula, where hardly anyone gets elimanted in both pool phases is crummy.

I won't regret the 8 teams tournament of the 70's & 80's, and I was fine with the 16-teams formula, but I already hate the 24-teams tournament. (and if I remember well, they want to go to a 32 teams formula - or is that for the WC??)

Which means that out of the 49 "european" teams (Israel is not Europe - and neither is Kazhakstan, but WTF, let's throw them in) of which 10 are BS teams (Gibraltar, Faroe, Liechtenstein, etc... - pretty soon we'll have team Guernsey, Corsica, Crete, Corfu, Sardinia, Sark, Man, etc...) in the qualifying rounds , half of them qualify. That already sucks the bag enough as it is wall.gif

Then we have the first phase of the Euro, which only "loses" 8 teams nowadays, because theuy fish back out the "best thirds"... nuts.gif

When are they going to invent a second pool phase where no-one gets eliminated before the "knock-out" phase?? I mean let's have more uninteresting games (why not Lusxembourg vs Albania in a semi-final, after all!! siffle.gif
    my music collection increased tenfolds when I switched from drug-addicts to complete nutcases.

I have a soapbox set up for you over here Hugues

I agree with most of what you said (except Rangers, that's just silly)
    Ian

Great result for Hungary, that's put the cat amongst the pigeons in the group of death.
    Ian

Great result for Hungary, that's put the cat amongst the pigeons in the group of death.
    this is just as scandalous as Sweden's anti-game playing against Spain wall.gif

they should loose a player at halftime for refusing to play football
    my music collection increased tenfolds when I switched from drug-addicts to complete nutcases.

Germany sorted themselves out. Portugal back line looked old and slow. Got to cut off Germanys supply lines on the wings.
    Ian

You've been giving that brick wall quite a workout lately, Trane.
    I like the part where Icarus hijacks the Little Red Hen.

http://www.discogs.com/user/moecurlythanu/collection

Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    You've been giving that brick wall quite a workout lately, Trane.
    those hungarians are bloody hipsters. siffle.gif

sdiable.gif

I'm watching it. I have no choice. Every pub I go to in my neighborhood has soccer on. Burp.

Quote Originally Posted by Trane View Post
    this is just as scandalous as Sweden's anti-game playing against Spain wall.gif
    Old merits don't win games...

After 2 rounds of 3:
    Group E
    4p Sweden
    3p Slovakia
    2p Spain
    1p Poland
    My Progressive Workshop at http://soundcloud.com/hfxx

Bale missed a sitter to equalise but glad Wales have qualified. Italy didnt look as impressive as they did in first two games !

Quote Originally Posted by Rufus View Post
    Bale missed a sitter to equalise but glad Wales have qualified. Italy didnt look as impressive as they did in first two games !
    Really? 8 different players in the starting lineup!