Thread: IQ Begins 40th Anniversary Tour Postponement

IQ Begins 40th Anniversary Tour Postponement

From the IQ Website:

Having given this a great deal of thought and careful consideration, we’ve agreed with the promoter that we should postpone our 40th anniversary show in London on 4th September until next year.

The rescheduled date will be 11th June 2022, at the Islington Assembly Hall. Tickets will be valid for the new date.

This is really disappointing for us all and we apologise for any inconvenience caused by this decision but, with so many variables still surrounding COVID and with social distancing rules in the future still unclear, we feel this is the safest option for everyone. Thank you for your understanding and we look forward to seeing you next year.

So, we're not out of this yet.......
    The Ice Cream Lady Wet her drawers........To see you in the Passion Playyyy eeee - I. Anderson

"It's kind of like deciding not to date a beautiful blonde anymore because she farted." - Top Cat

I was expecting to be kinda meh, but it made my nips stiffen - Jerjo

(Zamran) "that fucking thing man . . . it sits there on my wall like a broken clock " - Helix

Social Media is the "Toilet" of the Internet - Lady Gaga

That's unfortunate .... not surprising but certainly unfortunate!

King Crimson will tour the US, but a UK band can't even play a gig in the UK.
    I'm holding out for the Wilson-mixed 5.1 super-duper walletbuster special anniversary extra adjectives edition.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulrus View Post
    King Crimson will tour the US, but a UK band can't even play a gig in the UK.
    They certainly can't at present, and if you have gigs planned for later in the year, risk increases as you approach the dates. The UK is still largely locked down and there are discussions about postponing the exit of the lockdown in England from 21st June to late July. Similar discussions are underway in Scotland and Wales. This is in response to the increase in cases of the 'delta' variant of the SARS2 virus. The same restrictions are not in play in the US, and so touring internationally is an option (albeit with the potential for self-quarantine following the tour, depending on how things go).