Thread: Eyesberg - Any Fans of this German Prog Band?

Eyesberg - Any Fans of this German Prog Band?

Stumbled across these guys on Youtube, apparently they have been playing together since 1980, but did not release any music until 2014. They have a symph-prog/Genesis/Nad Sylvan sort of feel right out of the box. Top notch musicianship along with good lyrics/compositions. Progarchives lists their albums in the 3.77 to 3.92 range. They just released a new CD called Claustrophobia. Tell us what you think of them. Thanks! 👍

Don't know of them but I see both of their albums are on Spotify so I'll listen there.
    Mongrel dog soils actor's feet

I picked up their new one and was very impressed. The song "Walking In Storms" is a real highlight after only a few spins. Genesis with a little more muscle? Will have to check out the debut next.
    The Prog Corner

^^^^ I agree that they do come across as more aggressive, more rock'n Genesis-style music. There are still some good Mellotron bits in there to keep me happy. I listen to Eyesberg while I work and with multiple repeat listens have not tired of them yet.

Pretty good music. I snatched a few tracks from each album to see if they have legs…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have been listening to Claustrophobia on Amazon Music lately. Really liking their sound.

Thanks for posting this, I quite like it.
    It's interesting, some of the instrumentals have a PG era vibe, and I personally don't get a Nad vibe, but more of Phil, which goes with the music quite well.
    I just might pick this up on Bandcamp when I get a chance.

Judging by the photos of the 3 band members(in the trailer version), these guys have been playing music in some form for years, and have the gravitas from that experience.
    I clicked on a few clips of the earlier release from 2014? and it doesn't seem as "tight" as the new one, but will check that out as well. The vocals to me are much better on the new one.

Soundcloud page: Richard Hermans, musical meanderings https://soundcloud.com/precipice YouTube: [https://www.youtube.com/@richardhermans4457