Thread: The History of King Crimson Pt.1 1969-1974 w/Henry Potts & Aymeric Leroy

The History of King Crimson Pt.1 1969-1974 w/Henry Potts & Aymeric Leroy

Henry, Aymeric and I teamed up once again to take a look at a band's catalog and history. We took a four part look at Yes that was pretty well received and enjoyed it so much we decided to make this an ongoing "History Of" series. We kicked around a few ideas and decided King Crimson would be the next group we wanted to discuss. Here's part 1. Part 2 will deal with everything we didn't talk about this time, sometime in August.

UPCOMING EPISODES-
    * Derek Shulman (Gentle Giant) on the new Steven Wilson remix of Freehand and more!- June 12th
    * Paul Richards and Bert Lams of the California Guitar Trio- June 19th
    * The Music Of Genesis- From The Inside Out - A look at their compositional hallmarks w/Bill Graham June 27th
    https://www.youtube.com/c/SOALNightLive/videos
    Last edited by Sean; 06-07-2021 at 04:00 PM.

Watched it all this morning. It was interesting. Not a huge KC fan but interesting history. Might listen to some KC today. There are so many Crimson albums I've never heard.

Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    I look forward to this episode. I went back to Part 3, Yes Solos and bought 3 CDs during the show!!
    What can this strange device be? When I touch it, it brings forth a sound (2112)

Thanks, Guys!

Well done overview of King Crimson's history from 69 to 74. Looking forward to the next installment in August.

Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    Agreed! Well done. Aymeric has a wealth of knowledge. I bought a Young Person's Guide To King Crimson is high school, around 1976 and played it in my car endlessly. It was truly a great primer. My first Fripp show was with the League of Gentlemen in 1980 with Sara Lee on bass. I saw Crimson for the first time in Montreal on the Island in 1982.
    Last edited by mozo-pg; 06-14-2021 at 09:46 PM.
    What can this strange device be? When I touch it, it brings forth a sound (2112)

Just wanted to bump this in case any of you missed it. I wasn't sure we could turn over any new leafs when it came to Crimson, but I hear we did!

Quote Originally Posted by Sean View Post
    Just wanted to bump this in case any of you missed it. I wasn't sure we could turn over any new leafs when it came to Crimson, but I hear we did!
    Watched it this weekend.. great episode. Just started watching the one with Derek Shulman. Didn't realize there was another episode you did with Derek last year. I need to find that link.
    Edit.. oops apparently you included a link with this episode.. Thanks!
    Last edited by happytheman; 06-13-2021 at 06:28 PM.

Here ya go!